• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA 2021-22

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Ill be rooting for the same teams I always do

1.) LAKERS
2.) NICKS
3.) HEAT

besides that little blip in 12/13 (and it wasn't much) its been a long time since ive been excited about the Knicks :confused: . . . not since like around my high school days with Ewing, Starks, Mason, Oakley, Harper, Smith

Beginning with scheduling, I prefer starting a month later and finishing in July.

NO back-to-back crap where they fly in late unless you want a poor product and what that further entails.

Ill be rooting for the same teams I always do

1.) LAKERS
2.) NICKS
3.) HEAT
I've been into the Bucks for years. Now, I need a new underdog to root for. It will take a minute to find that team....but, Charlotte is high on the list.
besides that little blip in 12/13 (and it wasn't much) its been a long time since ive been excited about the Knicks :confused: . . . not since like around my high school days with Ewing, Starks, Mason, Oakley, Harper, Smith
Ah, as a Bulls fan back then, I say. "Phooey!"

Beginning with scheduling, I prefer starting a month later and finishing in July.

NO back-to-back crap where they fly in late unless you want a poor product and what that further entails.
Scheduling back to back, which results in stars sitting out one of the games, is dumb.

I've been into the Bucks for years. Now, I need a new underdog to root for. It will take a minute to find that team....but, Charlotte is high on the list.

Ah, as a Bulls fan back then, I say. "Phooey!"

bucks? home of ray allen one of my all-time favorite players

Ewing, Starks, Mason, Oakley, Harper, Smith

This is the only Knick's team I ever hated. I like basketball not thugball, the game for the athletically challenged.

People are already crowning Lakers as a legit team to make the Finals... but people are easily forgetting that the Warriors are coming back healthy!

Well, I guess this drama was real.

Simmons has four years and $147 million left on his max contract -- including $33 million for 2021-22 -- and clearly understands the potential financial implications of sitting out. The Sixers could test Simmons' willingness to stay away by fining him considerable salary.

At Simmons request, the Sixers have discussed trades throughout the league since the end of the playoffs, but they were disappointed in the offers...

Not me, I need my basketball!
The NBA oWned July this year, usually the quietest month of the year in sports. The players are still WELL behind in rest time. Let the NHL finish in June.

The NBA oWned July this year, usually the quietest month of the year in sports. The players are still WELL behind in rest time. Let the NHL finish in June.

Sorry, I need my NBA.

Feel free to start early AND end late. I am fine with that.

BTW, July is also the lowest rated TV month for total viewership. Vacation time . People are outdoors recreating. ;)

Sorry, I need my NBA.

Feel free to start early AND end late. I am fine with that.

BTW, July is also the lowest rated TV month for total viewership. Vacation time . People are outdoors recreating. ;)
Ratings for the NBA playoffs were up 35% over last year. No Covid excuses.

You can also thank sports betting for that explosion. The NBA would OWN July, period.

Ratings for the NBA playoffs were up 35% over last year. No Covid excuses. You can also thank sports betting for that explosion. The NBA would OWN July, period.

Is 2 pounds of coal in July worth 1 pound of gold in June?

2020 even I largely ignored basketball. It was terrible. All sports are up this year.

Ratings for the NBA playoffs were up 35% over last year. No Covid excuses.

You can also thank sports betting for that explosion. The NBA would OWN July, period.

Still way down from pre COVID, less than half of the pre COVID viewership. June or July it doesn't matter the season is too long and the playoffs to expansive to draw the type of interest it needs

Still way down from pre COVID, less than half of the pre COVID viewership. June or July it doesn't matter the season is too long and the playoffs to expansive to draw the type of interest it needs
I tend to agree. Unless your team is in the mix, it's hard to give much of a damn about which superteam beats whom.

Too long? Where did you come up with this ?

BTW, all sport viewership is down. It is part of the availability of entertainment, they endless options that mass communication provides.

I love it when the deplorables scream that it's because some athletes respect causes. LOL, dolts.

I tend to agree. Unless your team is in the mix, it's hard to give much of a damn about which superteam beats whom.

OK, but how has that changed?
It hasn't.

OK, but how has that changed?
It hasn't.
Hard to say for sure, but I do know that half the country watched Boston play LA in the finals back in the 80's.

Hard to say for sure, but I do know that half the country watched Boston play LA in the finals back in the 80's.

Yep, they had a choice between that and 3 others offerings. ;)

Does enthusiasm for a sport grow and recede? Obviously.

Baseball was bigger than football is today, basketball was a novelty in 1960.

Soccer, most folks had never seen a soccer ball in person. The first person I met in my life that actually played soccer I met in college.

Yep, they had a choice between that and 3 others offerings. ;)

Does enthusiasm for a sport grow and recede? Obviously.

Baseball was bigger than football is today, basketball was a novelty in 1960.

Soccer, most folks had never seen a soccer ball in person. The first person I met in my life that actually played soccer I met in college.
Basketball was so obscure up until about 1975-80; even the finals were on tape delay. Hockey was the winter sport in my town (Chicago) from about 1960 until the Michael Jordan era.

Too long? Where did you come up with this ?

You think 82 games is the correct amount to pick 16 playoff teams from a pool of 30?

BTW, all sport viewership is down. It is part of the availability of entertainment, they endless options that mass communication provides.

The NFL has only suffered on minor dip the NBA has lost almost half

I love it when the deplorables scream that it's because some athletes respect causes. LOL, dolts.

I'm not sure how you think that is relevant to this thread, I have never said that and no one in this thread has

Back
Top Bottom