• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA 2021-22

Shaq might be a bit of a liability on Defense but he would be unstoppable on Offense... Just because everybody is running 5 three point shooters does not mean that 4 and Shaq would not be better. People also seem to forget Ron Harper on those defensive Bulls teams. Another lanky great defender... and Rodman.

I think Shaq would get gassed against modern day teams like the Warriors of 2017-18, the Raptors of 2019 or even today's Celtics. He'd still be damn good and a Hall of Famer because he's a physical freak of nature who had deceptively quick speed for a big guy. But he would need some help, which is kinda why even though the 2008-10 version of the Lakers were not as successful as previous title teams, they might have been better suited to play into today's wide open game. I think that's definitely true of the bench players.

Jordan and Pippen's Bulls? Yeah I think they'd match-up well against pretty much anybody. Definitely agree with you about Ron Harper and Rodman on defense. And Pippen and Jordan were solid defenders as well. They're the only team I've seen that would be capable of grinding it out in the half court era and moving it up the floor and playing in today's game. They would also disrupt the passing and perimeter shooting rhythm. There were no easy shots against the Bulls, no matter where you wanted to take them. I think the team that is, more than any other, bringing the NBA into the modern era of pass and shoot is San Antonio. The Spurs at their peak (2007 or 2014, take your pick) while outstanding, were not better than the Bulls of the mid-late 90s.

The Celtics are this year's version of the Phoenix Suns.

Got lucky beating a banged-up Bucks and Heat team in the playoffs, now they are being exposed by Andrew Wiggins in the finals.

The Celtics are this year's version of the Phoenix Suns.

Got lucky beating a banged-up Bucks and Heat team in the playoffs, now they are being exposed by Andrew Wiggins in the finals.

If the Celtics can scratch out a win, anything can happen in a game 7, especially with Draymond Green's unpredictable behavior.

If the Celtics can scratch out a win, anything can happen in a game 7, especially with Draymond Green's unpredictable behavior.
Agreed... although I do feel that the Celtics were benefits of some double standard calls... but to be fair they really took Curry out of the game.

This Warriors fan was banned from Chase Arena:

Now all eyes can be on the Stanley cup finals. The NBA playoffs was lame this year. Hockey playoffs blow all other sports away. There is so much more passion. There are no divas. These guys are all professionals.

Now all eyes can be on the Stanley cup finals. The NBA playoffs was lame this year. Hockey playoffs blow all other sports away. There is so much more passion. There are no divas. These guys are all professionals.

NHL is not even a top 5 pro sport. Hockey has so many flaws that cannot be fixed.

NHL is not even a top 5 pro sport. Hockey has so many flaws that cannot be fixed.
It's by far the best sport. You don't have the thugs like you do in all other sports. These are tough superior athletes. They don't call penalties on every play like they do in the NBA. They don't cry like little babies and pretend to be hurt like they do in soccer. I don't consider baseball a sport. I just saw the list of NFL players who have been arrested over the last few years. The numbers are staggering.

Hockey players play for the love of the game. They are by far the most passionate and so are the fans.

It's a great time to be a Warriors fan. 4 titles in 8 years. More titles than all but 2 other NBA teams. Arguably the greatest player of the era. Dynasty? Hell yeah!

1655598481460.png

1655598743780.png

Before game six I was trying not to look ahead to the immediate future, so I thought about 5 years in the future. Here's what I came up with, using the current roster, and projecting continued growth that is reasonable based on their NBA history and draft position.

I don't think there is another NBA roster today that would beat the GS Warriors in a 7 game series. Here is the future Warriors roster.

James Wiseman 26
Jonathan Kuminga 24
Andrew Wiggins 32
Moses Moody 25
Jordan Poole 28

It's a great time to be a GS Warriors fan.

It's by far the best sport. You don't have the thugs like you do in all other sports. These are tough superior athletes. They don't call penalties on every play like they do in the NBA. They don't cry like little babies and pretend to be hurt like they do in soccer. I don't consider baseball a sport. I just saw the list of NFL players who have been arrested over the last few years. The numbers are staggering.

Hockey players play for the love of the game. They are by far the most passionate and so are the fans.
Yes, but if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it...

Hockey is a secondary level sport in America. In the Bay Area maybe 25,000 people love the Sharks. They don't sell out regularly and not many more watch or listen either.

Now here is an exclusive group. The number of players in NBA history with 3 or more NBA Championships, 3 or more All Star appearances and 1 or more Defensive Player of the Year awards? Two. Now that's rare air.

1655665644856.png

Hockey is a secondary level sport in America.
It’s true. The problem with hockey is it’s an expensive sport to play. All you need is a ball to play basketball.

The NBA has turned into a 3 point shooting contest. It’s not real basketball anymore. Plus way too many fouls called.

I don’t think any of the current teams would have a chance against the great teams of the past like Boston, LA, or Chicago.

The NBA has turned into a 3 point shooting contest. It’s not real basketball anymore. Plus way too many fouls called.

I think basketball is as good as it has ever been in terms of the way the game is played. The players today pass and shoot better than most of the teams of the 1980s, 90s, and 00s. To me, illegal defenses were a way to promote one-on-one play but now teams can trap. Moreover, because the shooting and passing is better, teams have to play the entire floor a lot more aggressively than they did in previous decades.

I don’t think any of the current teams would have a chance against the great teams of the past like Boston, LA, or Chicago.

I think you're mistaken. These Warriors are about as good as any I've seen and I've been watching since the Lakers-Celtics rivalry. They were even better when they had Durant.

I just don't get the whole fighting thing. Don't get me wrong - I like watching a fight now and again, but I'd rather watch UFC or boxing if want to see that.

It’s true. The problem with hockey is it’s an expensive sport to play. All you need is a ball to play basketball.

Ok boomer. Your opinion on the state of the NBA is noted, but dismissed. The great Celtic teams of the past were great then, by the end of the third quarter those teams would be out of gas in today's NBA. LA and Chicago were something then, but match them up. Teams play more than their best three players.

Ok boomer. Your opinion on the state of the NBA is noted, but dismissed. The great Celtic teams of the past were great then, by the end of the third quarter those teams would be out of gas in today's NBA. LA and Chicago were something then, but match them up. Teams play more than their best three players.
My name is Mongidig not Boomer.

The Warriors are a cute little team. This version of them is one of the worst ever to win a championship. The Bucks would have won if they had Middleton. The Nuggets would have been in the finals if they had Murray and Porter. The Suns would have been there if Ayton didn't stay up all night playing video games. I'm putting an asterisk by this Warrior championship.

Back in the day the Celtics would have swept the Warriors. Curry would not have been able to drive to the basket like he does. He would have been knocked on his ass every time.

I'd take Jordan/Pippen,... Kobe/Shaq,..... Lebron,/Wade/Bosh....Duncan/Parker/Ginobly....Giannis/Middleton/Holliday etc. any day over the top guy's on this Warriors team.

My name is Mongidig not Boomer.

The Warriors are a cute little team. This version of them is one of the worst ever to win a championship. The Bucks would have won if they had Middleton. The Nuggets would have been in the finals if they had Murray and Porter. The Suns would have been there if Ayton didn't stay up all night playing video games. I'm putting an asterisk by this Warrior championship.

Back in the day the Celtics would have swept the Warriors. Curry would not have been able to drive to the basket like he does. He would have been knocked on his ass every time.

I'd take Jordan/Pippen,... Kobe/Shaq,..... Lebron,/Wade/Bosh....Duncan/Parker/Ginobly....Giannis/Middleton/Holliday etc. any day over the top guy's on this Warriors team.
Considered by some to be ageist, the phrase has developed into a retort for perceived resistance to technological change, climate change denial, marginalization of members of minority groups, or opposition to younger generations' values.

It can also refer to the misty view of the past. You can take those guys, and maybe it would turn out your way, maybe not. But if you do that...Warriors would likely be 5 time champions in 8 seasons. 2019 playoffs resulted in Warriors losing 3 all-stars (two who will be HoF'ers-Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins) during the postseason.

Kyrie could take a pay cut and join LeBron in LA.

Would love to see that happen.

Not surprising but I think the Orlando Magic made a mistake.

I have seen enough of highly drafted Duke players in the NBA to see something is wrong.

The Duke system makes them look better than they look.

Kyrie to la is almost complete.

Lebron is a culture changer. Kyrie will be protected under Lebron.

Los Angeles will be good for Kyrie.

Kyrie to la is almost complete.

Lebron is a culture changer. Kyrie will be protected under Lebron.

Los Angeles will be good for Kyrie.
If Lebron can get Kyrie to play, with a healthy AD, that would be something. Aren’t they talking about getting Westbrook to the pacers ?

If Lebron can get Kyrie to play, with a healthy AD, that would be something. Aren’t they talking about getting Westbrook to the pacers ?

Lots of craziness. I think Durant is realizing how big of a mistake it was to leave Golden State. He should push for a trade to Phoenix or Miami.

Lots of craziness. I think Durant is realizing how big of a mistake it was to leave Golden State. He should push for a trade to Phoenix or Miami.

Durant ask out! Biggest news in NBA in many many years.

KYRIE takes down another franchise.

Maybe now we can fire Nash.

Back
Top Bottom