• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nba 2020

Asterisk: short season, goofy bubble games, instead of traveling to competing cities. No fans. Of course, this title is tainted.

The proof that no one cares is the lack of participation in this thread. It's basically just you and the op, me.

That's like how it was before. This is a political site. You have a lot of people on this site that do not like the nba because of the politics of the nba.

Chip. Mamba on three.

Good night.

That's like how it was before. This is a political site. You have a lot of people on this site that do not like the nba because of the politics of the nba.
Check the ratings for the game. More people watched a boring football game than the last game of the Finals.

Ok, maybe the football game is not all that boring. It's actually pretty good.

So, what do we make of NBA 2020?

No KD
No games from March through June
No travel in the bubble
Bucks choke
Clippers implode
Celts fail to clear the Heat
Lebron playing 25 games or so fully rested and healthy

In a short season, living for nothing but B-ball for three months, Lebron is a beast--best in the league. Let's leave it at that.

Asterisk: short season, goofy bubble games, instead of traveling to competing cities. No fans. Of course, this title is tainted.

The proof that no one cares is the lack of participation in this thread. It's basically just you and the op, me.

Finally, my very own 'ME TOO' moment!

Congratulations Lakers and King James fans! I tip my proverbial hat to the #5 seed Heat for gallant effort!

Congrats to LeBron - finally now you can throw off the NBA shackles, free yourself from the bubble, and follow your true calling as a champion of civil rights and social justice everywhere and take your place on the stage with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as a champion against racial injustice.

I can see him now, every day until the resumption of the new NBA season and perhaps longer, out leading marches with Black Lives Matter across the USA, putting all his time and money into the cause he loves, and leading men everywhere to forget their moment and join the movement. The new Lebron, not the old me first Lebron, not the old nothing matters but what Lebron wants Lebron - this is the dawning of a new civil rights icon the likes of Martin Luther King. Wouldn't surprise me if Lebron retires from the NBA so that he can work full time on his true calling, righting society's wrongs.

Won't it be glorious!!!

Congrats to LeBron - finally now you can throw off the NBA shackles, free yourself from the bubble, and follow your true calling as a champion of civil rights and social justice everywhere and take your place on the stage with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as a champion against racial injustice.

I can see him now, every day until the resumption of the new NBA season and perhaps longer, out leading marches with Black Lives Matter across the USA, putting all his time and money into the cause he loves, and leading men everywhere to forget their moment and join the movement. The new Lebron, not the old me first Lebron, not the old nothing matters but what Lebron wants Lebron - this is the dawning of a new civil rights icon the likes of Martin Luther King. Wouldn't surprise me if Lebron retires from the NBA so that he can work full time on his true calling, righting society's wrongs.

Won't it be glorious!!!

LeBron James, great family man, great NBA player who rose from nothing to become something.

Great story you can be proud of unlike that TRASH we have for a president and piece of turd of VP.

Only a few more months of this crap before we can return to sanity and logic.

LeBron James, great family man, great NBA player who rose from nothing to become something.

Great story you can be proud of unlike that TRASH we have for a president and piece of turd of VP.

Only a few more months of this crap before we can return to sanity and logic.
So, when did you finally see the light on Trump? What straw thrown on that camel’s back was your last?

Won't it be glorious!!!
Yeah, maybe he’ll build another school. That or star in a movie.

Lol. :ROFLMAO: 🧨

Won't it be glorious!!!

Won't it be glorious!!!

Oh yeah! If you don't mind, hereinafter, please use the more appropriate title 'King James'.

Enjoy a bit of celebratory music for the occasion!

On a different 'slow news day' a few years ago, Kyrie Irving seemed open-minded about a Flat Earth.

flat-earth-funny-memes-28-5b325364901bf__700.jpg

GOAT talk

Bucky's sudden fandom and hyperbole about the King aside, LeBron has done some amazing things. IMO, no one else has carried scruffs to 7 finals appearances. In fact, it could even be said that the final Heat team was basically Lebron. Sure, he had the has-been Wade and a bunch of also-rans on the team. But, no one really stepped up other than the King. So, maybe that was eight finals where LBJ carried a team to the championship round alone, on his back.

Can't deny it. Just remember the Cavs. Lottery team--4 straight finals with Lebron--Lottery Team.

Last edited:
GOAT talk

Bucky's sudden fandom and hyperbole about the King aside, LeBron has done some amazing things. IMO, no one else has carried scruffs to 7 finals appearances. In fact, it could even be said that the final Heat team was basically Lebron. Sure, he had the has-been Wade and a bunch of also-rans on the team. But, no one really stepped up other than the King. So, maybe that was eight finals where LBJ carried a team to the championship round alone, on his back.

Can't deny it. Just remember the Cavs. Lottery team--4 straight finals with Lebron--Lottery Team.

Winning with a Cavs team with such inept ownership was extremely impressive.

Let's also acknowledge the Lakers duo of LeBron and AD as the greatest duo in Lakers history:

1. LeBron AD
2. Magic, Kareem,
3. Shaq, Kobe
4. Jerry West Elgin Baylor

LeBron is clearly #1 on this list.

AD already looks better than Shaq and Kareem. He's basically Tim Duncan with a jump shot.

Great pic:

Let's also acknowledge the Lakers duo of LeBron and AD as the greatest duo in Lakers history:

1. LeBron AD
2. Magic, Kareem,
3. Shaq, Kobe
4. Jerry West Elgin Baylor

LeBron is clearly #1 on this list.

AD already looks better than Shaq and Kareem. He's basically Tim Duncan with a jump shot.
Even 35 year old LeBron is the best ever Laker. Dude is phenomenal.

GOAT talk

I can't deny it - every team LeBron goes to and then leaves is decimated for years after, usually by the selfish player decisions he insists upon. Imagine Cleveland saddled with that Love contract for years to come.

Only LeBron as the so called GOAT for some could see this year's NBA finals receive the worst TV ratings for the league's finals in the history of the league - every game, worst ever. This years close out game barely received a third of the viewing audience that last year's close out game received, and remember, last year's close out game included the Toronto Raptors, a Canadian based team, and America's viewing public pretty much hates watching anything involving a Canadian based team.

Much as you guys and many in the media seem to worship LeBron, many average people can't stand the man and his personality - a very dislikeable person. No wonder pretty much no other teams and players in the bubble wanted to follow his lead in closing down the season for Black Lives Matter even though every team in one way or another supported the cause. Following LeBron is not an option for most people.

People can hate a GOAT because he's too good but you can't be a GOAT if people just hate you as a person and tune you out. Can't wait for some fool to give LeBron an acting role in a movie and watch that movie implode, straight to viideo.

LeBron has been 17 years strong in the NBA.

He didn't need a "mental" break from the league like Jordan.

I can't deny it - every team LeBron goes to and then leaves is decimated for years after, usually by the selfish player decisions he insists upon. Imagine Cleveland saddled with that Love contract for years to come.

Only LeBron as the so called GOAT for some could see this year's NBA finals receive the worst TV ratings for the league's finals in the history of the league - every game, worst ever. This years close out game barely received a third of the viewing audience that last year's close out game received, and remember, last year's close out game included the Toronto Raptors, a Canadian based team, and America's viewing public pretty much hates watching anything involving a Canadian based team.

Much as you guys and many in the media seem to worship LeBron, many average people can't stand the man and his personality - a very dislikeable person. No wonder pretty much no other teams and players in the bubble wanted to follow his lead in closing down the season for Black Lives Matter even though every team in one way or another supported the cause. Following LeBron is not an option for most people.

People can hate a GOAT because he's too good but you can't be a GOAT if people just hate you as a person and tune you out. Can't wait for some fool to give LeBron an acting role in a movie and watch that movie implode, straight to viideo.
I like laughing at his man purse. I also doubt he wins the title this year if they played 82 games and the Clippers didn’t fail to gel in the bubble or the Bucks forget to wake up in it.

As for ratings. I agree. No one cared.

Even 35 year old LeBron is the best ever Laker. Dude is phenomenal.
As a life long Lakers fan, since the 60s, LeBron James isn't even in the top five of my best ever Lakers - He comes nowhere near Magic, Kareem, Kobie, Shaq, Jerry West, James Worthy - all great players, all team players, all made the Lakers great not like LeBron who's trying to use the Lakers to make himself great. You just have to listen to the Whiney Ass's comment following this win where it was all about him not getting the MVP, all about him not getting respect, all about his legacy - the "dude" can't go away soon enough for true Laker fans.

And there's nothing special about Whiney Ass winning championships with three teams - Danny Green just accomplished the same thing this year ( Spurs, Raptors, Lakers). Sticking with a single team, making its players and team great and getting multiple championships - overcoming the bad seasons and not running away to another situation - that makes you great.

As a life long Lakers fan, since the 60s, LeBron James isn't even in the top five of my best ever Lakers - He comes nowhere near Magic, Kareem, Kobie, Shaq, Jerry West, James Worthy - all great players, all team players, all made the Lakers great not like LeBron who's trying to use the Lakers to make himself great. You just have to listen to the Whiney Ass's comment following this win where it was all about him not getting the MVP, all about him not getting respect, all about his legacy - the "dude" can't go away soon enough for true Laker fans.

And there's nothing special about Whiney Ass winning championships with three teams - Danny Green just accomplished the same thing this year ( Spurs, Raptors, Lakers). Sticking with a single team, making its players and team great and getting multiple championships - overcoming the bad seasons and not running away to another situation - that makes you great.
10 finals appearances when most players can't even reach one. And, he does it with scruffs. Come on, Man. You're blinded by Bron-hate.

The Lakers teams above were stacked. Hell, one of them had three of the six guys you mention on it. ...lol

Note: the guy pisses me off too, but I don't let that interfere with ****ing common sense.

10 finals appearances when most players can't even reach one. And, he does it with scruffs. Come on, Man. You're blinded by Bron-hate.

The Lakers teams above were stacked. Hell, one of them had three of the six guys you mention on it. ...lol

Note: the guy pisses me off too, but I don't let that interfere with ****ing common sense.
I admit - I'm filled with "Bron-hate" - but it's well earned. I've spent years as a Raptors' fan watching the whiny ass James bitch and moan, fake injury, fake contact, and the league and the refs call a very tight game against those guarding James solely for the purpose of promoting what they see as the league's most popular player. I'll never forget a playoff game a couple of years back where whiny ass, in Cleveland, near center court threw his head back as if he was hit in the head with a rock and the replays showed there wasn't anyone near him - and of course he was whining to the refs for a call.

But now, with his fake "leadership" on social justice and racial justice it just makes me sick - the guy is a total fraud - good player, sure - good guy, doubt it, unless you've got something he wants or needs you're no good to him. And so him going to the Lakers just makes me ignore the Lakers until he finally loses interest and leaves there too. Can't happen soon enough.

I admit - I'm filled with "Bron-hate" - but it's well earned. I've spent years as a Raptors' fan watching the whiny ass James bitch and moan, fake injury, fake contact, and the league and the refs call a very tight game against those guarding James solely for the purpose of promoting what they see as the league's most popular player. I'll never forget a playoff game a couple of years back where whiny ass, in Cleveland, near center court threw his head back as if he was hit in the head with a rock and the replays showed there wasn't anyone near him - and of course he was whining to the refs for a call.

But now, with his fake "leadership" on social justice and racial justice it just makes me sick - the guy is a total fraud - good player, sure - good guy, doubt it, unless you've got something he wants or needs you're no good to him. And so him going to the Lakers just makes me ignore the Lakers until he finally loses interest and leaves there too. Can't happen soon enough.
Lebron is a saint compared to the guy who brought the Raptors a ring. At least when James gave one to Cleveland it was a coming home party. Kawhi was a rental.

Back
Top Bottom