• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Navy's Special and General Courts-Martial for the Month of August & A Gay Question

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Below is a link to all of the Navy's special and general court martials for the month of August, 2013.

Sure seems to be a lot of sexual assaults taking place in todays PC Navy, why is that ?

But I have a question. What is " indecently recording the private area of another." ?

Is this when a gay sailor takes a photo of one of his shipmates junk ?

Back in the Old Corps and the war fighting Navy before the PC Navy I never heard of someone taking pictures of someones sexual organs let alone so many court martials for sexual assaults. We didn't have problems like that before the PC military.

>" At a Special Court-Martial in San Diego, California, STG3 Christopher D. Dreyer, USN pleaded guilty to indecently recording the private area of another. On 26 August 2013, the military judge sentenced him to reduction in rank to paygrade E-1 and confinement for 8 months."<

>" At a Special Court-Martial in San Diego, California, IT2 Christian J. Thompson, USN pleaded guilty to attempting to indecently record the private area of another. On 27 August 2013, the military judge sentenced him to forfeit $1,010 pay per month for 12 months, reduction in rank to paygrade E-1 and confinement for 335 days."<

View all Navy court martials for August. -> Navy: General Courts-Martial Cases from August 2013 | USNI News

Re: Navy's Special and General Courts-Martial for the Month of August & A Gay Questio

Below is a link to all of the Navy's special and general court martials for the month of August, 2013.

Sure seems to be a lot of sexual assaults taking place in todays PC Navy, why is that ?

But I have a question. What is " indecently recording the private area of another." ?

Back in the Old Corps and the war fighting Navy before the PC Navy I never heard of someone taking pictures of someones sexual organs let alone so many court martials for sexual assaults. We didn't have problems like that before the PC military.

>" At a Special Court-Martial in San Diego, California, STG3 Christopher D. Dreyer, USN pleaded guilty to indecently recording the private area of another. On 26 August 2013, the military judge sentenced him to reduction in rank to paygrade E-1 and confinement for 8 months."<

>" At a Special Court-Martial in San Diego, California, IT2 Christian J. Thompson, USN pleaded guilty to attempting to indecently record the private area of another. On 27 August 2013, the military judge sentenced him to forfeit $1,010 pay per month for 12 months, reduction in rank to paygrade E-1 and confinement for 335 days."<

View all Navy court martials for August. -> Navy: General Courts-Martial Cases from August 2013 | USNI News

"Private area of another" -- to me, that would mean setting up a hidden video camera in someone's private quarters.

Re: Navy's Special and General Courts-Martial for the Month of August & A Gay Questio

"Private area of another" -- to me, that would mean setting up a hidden video camera in someone's private quarters.

335 days in the brig guarded by Marines and you've heard the scuttlebutt about those Marine brig guards.

And what's with this pansy private quarters thing ?

I read an article earlier this year that dormitory type barracks and so many living off base or in military housing has had a negative effect on unit cohesion. Why did it take them so long to figure that out ? I suppose it took a war for it to come out ?

Modern technology has made it much easier to do such things...for sure.

I know here in Texas we have laws against illegally filming or taking a photos of people without their consent. [which gets pretty sticky for professional and amateur photographers alike.] It's meant to cut down on abuse of children and preventing up-skirt pervs.

Perhaps it is a straight guy who takes a photo of another guy's junk to post to show either how big, how small, or how oddly shaped that person's junk is. We had guys who were absolutely straight who would talk about other guys' packages, particularly one of the guys who had a, according to accounts, large one (really tall white guy, really nice, but shy). This often made the guy uncomfortable, particularly when they would talk about the size of his package in front of one of the women, even if it was to talk him up.

"In the old days" yes there were sexual assaults and rapes and all sorts of things going on, but usually they were handled differently and not all were handled by the military. Heck, "in the old days" (in fact, up until about the time I joined the military or even just after), the UCMJ read that sexual assault/rape could only be punished if it wasn't the servicemember's wife. So if a wife got raped by her husband, he couldn't be charged for rape under the UCMJ until about a decade ago. Plus, many more things were (and still are in fact) dealt with by NJP, rather than court martial wherever it could, even if the accusation is something like sexual assault. Heck, even the guys who poured scalding water on the guy in the shower as a prank (resulting in 2nd degree burns) in my division only went to mast for it. It was pathetic.

Perhaps it is a straight guy who takes a photo of another guy's junk to post to show either how big, how small, or how oddly shaped that person's junk is. We had guys who were absolutely straight who would talk about other guys' packages, particularly one of the guys who had a, according to accounts, large one (really tall white guy, really nice, but shy). This often made the guy uncomfortable, particularly when they would talk about the size of his package in front of one of the women, even if it was to talk him up.

God ###### damn, is that what is happening in todays PC military ?

Soldiers and sailors looking at the junk of their buddies or shipmates ?

Back when I served, back when those who were serving were involved in a shooting war, a Marine, soldier or sailor was never judged on the size or length of what was between his legs but was he capable of protecting your six and killing Charley.

I do remember the SOP back then, if you were to eye #### a brother Marine or sailor, you were likely to end up in sick bay bleeding and reporting you ran into a hatchway while HQ's was preparing for an administrative discharge board hearing. Outcome usually an UD discharge.

But during the dumbing down of the military during the Clinton administration, the word "undesirable" was declared to be politically incorrect.

So the liberals in Congress and the liberal civilians with in the DOD said good bye to the UD not thinking what the consequences would be, A whole lot of "Bad Chicken Dinners" being served to those who ate that BCD.

Heck, "in the old days" (in fact, up until about the time I joined the military or even just after), the UCMJ read that sexual assault/rape could only be punished if it wasn't the servicemember's wife. So if a wife got raped by her husband, he couldn't be charged for rape under the UCMJ until about a decade ago.

And your point of this is?

Believe it or not, until the mid 1970's there was no such thing as "Marital Rape". That only started to get interest in the 1980's, and even today some states say that "excessive force" has to be employed before it is rape.

Not saying this is right or wrong, but this is also 90% of the time not the concern of the military anyways, but of civilian law enforcement. To me, unless it happens in post quarters or the wife is in the military, there is no reason for the military to be involved in the first place (other then to kick the douchebag out afterwards with a dishonorable discharge).

God ###### damn, is that what is happening in todays PC military ?

Soldiers and sailors looking at the junk of their buddies or shipmates ?

Back when I served, back when those who were serving were involved in a shooting war, a Marine, soldier or sailor was never judged on the size or length of what was between his legs but was he capable of protecting your six and killing Charley.

I do remember the SOP back then, if you were to eye #### a brother Marine or sailor, you were likely to end up in sick bay bleeding and reporting you ran into a hatchway while HQ's was preparing for an administrative discharge board hearing. Outcome usually an UD discharge.

But during the dumbing down of the military during the Clinton administration, the word "undesirable" was declared to be politically incorrect.

So the liberals in Congress and the liberal civilians with in the DOD said good bye to the UD not thinking what the consequences would be, A whole lot of "Bad Chicken Dinners" being served to those who ate that BCD.

Men have been looking at other men's junks since the beginning of time. Pretending it never happened in the past is just you wearing blinders.

And your point of this is?

Believe it or not, until the mid 1970's there was no such thing as "Marital Rape". That only started to get interest in the 1980's, and even today some states say that "excessive force" has to be employed before it is rape.

Not saying this is right or wrong, but this is also 90% of the time not the concern of the military anyways, but of civilian law enforcement. To me, unless it happens in post quarters or the wife is in the military, there is no reason for the military to be involved in the first place (other then to kick the douchebag out afterwards with a dishonorable discharge).

But it goes into why there is a difference in today's numbers of sexual assaults reported in the military justice system and those in the past. If you increase who can and is likely to report sexual assaults to the military police rather than civilian authorities, then you also increase the likely number of cases that the military authorities handle and subsequently have as part of their numbers. And there is higher incentive (whether good or bad) to report to military authorities than civilian authorities since despite popular opinion/reports, the military requires much less proof/evidence of an actual assault than a court of law. The military is much more likely to consider the accused guilty until proven innocent. Heck even just being accused of such a thing, even if found completely untrue can ruin a senior military person's career.

Men have been looking at other men's junks since the beginning of time. Pretending it never happened in the past is just you wearing blinders.

Real men don't look at other men's junk.

Real men don't look at other men's junk.

Most men have looked at another man's junk because they want to check them out, compare, whatever. It isn't something to be ashamed of and if you are, then you are the one with the problem. It is just their penis. Looking at another man's penis does not make you gay. It makes you human. Just like women will look at other women's boobs and that can make them feel either better or worse about themselves depending on how they compare to the other women. I have felt both feelings after looking at the same woman. I have a nice set of natural knockers (thanks mainly to Polish and Irish ancestors). They are a bit big though. There are shirts that I wish I could wear but can't because of the size of my boobs (and always having to wear a bra sucks). It is just a body part.

Most men have looked at another man's junk because they want to check them out, compare, whatever. It isn't something to be ashamed of and if you are, then you are the one with the problem. It is just their penis. Looking at another man's penis does not make you gay. It makes you human. Just like women will look at other women's boobs and that can make them feel either better or worse about themselves depending on how they compare to the other women. I have felt both feelings after looking at the same woman. I have a nice set of natural knockers (thanks mainly to Polish and Irish ancestors). They are a bit big though. There are shirts that I wish I could wear but can't because of the size of my boobs (and always having to wear a bra sucks). It is just a body part.

I don't know how much they have dumbed down Marine Corps boot camp or the other military services basic training with the politically correctingizing of the military, but back in the "Old Corps" you were warned on day one about "eye #######" another recruit or a superior. The warning was, you will be discharged with an "undesirable discharge" (UD) and labeled as a homosexual.

It worked.

Back before political correctness was forced upon the military, back when DI's and drill sergeants used a hands on approach of preparing Marines, soldiers and sailors for combat, just accusing a recruit of being a homo was enough to get that recruit to go along with the program and start putting out more than 100 %.

If that didn't work, the last thing was "Motivation Platoon" where a recruit would stand at attention in front of a mirror all day long butt naked looking at his junk.

The one warning I found interesting was if you were caught masturbating while thinking about Susy Rotten Crotch back home, you would be discharged as a homosexual with an UD and that would follow you through your entire life.

After spending 16 hours of hundreds of push ups, a thousand squat thrust, miles of running, hours of close order drill and having your manhood questioned every time you screwed up, one was so tired and going through the affects of sleep deprivation the last thing on your mind when they played "taps" was Susy Rotten Crotch.

I don't know how much they have dumbed down Marine Corps boot camp or the other military services basic training with the politically correctingizing of the military, but back in the "Old Corps" you were warned on day one about "eye #######" another recruit or a superior. The warning was, you will be discharged with an "undesirable discharge" (UD) and labeled as a homosexual.

It worked.

Back before political correctness was forced upon the military, back when DI's and drill sergeants used a hands on approach of preparing Marines, soldiers and sailors for combat, just accusing a recruit of being a homo was enough to get that recruit to go along with the program and start putting out more than 100 %.

If that didn't work, the last thing was "Motivation Platoon" where a recruit would stand at attention in front of a mirror all day long butt naked looking at his junk.

The one warning I found interesting was if you were caught masturbating while thinking about Susy Rotten Crotch back home, you would be discharged as a homosexual with an UD and that would follow you through your entire life.

After spending 16 hours of hundreds of push ups, a thousand squat thrust, miles of running, hours of close order drill and having your manhood questioned every time you screwed up, one was so tired and going through the affects of sleep deprivation the last thing on your mind when they played "taps" was Susy Rotten Crotch.

And they were stupid and you are naive if you think that actually worked. It simply isn't how it works. Those staring or gawking, sure, but not just checking it out. Because it happens. You are going to see men naked when you have to live in a military environment. Even I have more than a small chance of seeing naked men being in a military environment (besides my husband). Most of the chem/radcon personnel on my ship were women. The one time we had a potential contaminated personnel incident, it was two guys. They had to take radcon showers completely naked, in front of the chem/radcon personnel. The girls talked because they saw their junks. Just as the guys on my ship talked about other guys' junks because checking out the size of a guy's package has very little to nothing to do with homosexuality, and a lot to do with ego when it is another guy, just as checking out another chick's boobs has little to nothing to do with homosexuality, and a lot to do with ego when it is another chick doing it. We are human. It is natural instincts to check out the competition.

And they were stupid and you are naive if you think that actually worked. It simply isn't how it works. Those staring or gawking, sure, but not just checking it out. Because it happens. You are going to see men naked when you have to live in a military environment. Even I have more than a small chance of seeing naked men being in a military environment (besides my husband). Most of the chem/radcon personnel on my ship were women. The one time we had a potential contaminated personnel incident, it was two guys. They had to take radcon showers completely naked, in front of the chem/radcon personnel. The girls talked because they saw their junks. Just as the guys on my ship talked about other guys' junks because checking out the size of a guy's package has very little to nothing to do with homosexuality, and a lot to do with ego when it is another guy, just as checking out another chick's boobs has little to nothing to do with homosexuality, and a lot to do with ego when it is another chick doing it. We are human. It is natural instincts to check out the competition.

You just described what's going on in todays PC Navy's love boat.

So on a typical six month cruise, how many female sailors have to be flown off the carrier because they are pregnant ? What percentage of female sailors onboard are impregnated while on a cruise ?

How much buggery is taking place on a cruise ?

You just described what's going on in todays PC Navy's love boat.

So on a typical six month cruise, how many female sailors have to be flown off the carrier because they are pregnant ? What percentage of female sailors onboard are impregnated while on a cruise ?

How much buggery is taking place on a cruise ?

Very few. In my first cruise, we had maybe a dozen or so, most detached in San Diego because they got pregnant right before we left and we all get tested right after departing home port. How many male sailors leave women pregnant in foreign ports? But that's okay right since it happened a helluva lot in the past as well?

Very little "buggery" takes place on the cruise at sea. Most of it happens in ports, just as it did in the past. The only difference now is that our sailors aren't leaving nearly as many pregnant foreigners or frequenting as many whore houses abroad.

Very few. In my first cruise, we had maybe a dozen or so, most detached in San Diego because they got pregnant right before we left and we all get tested right after departing home port. How many male sailors leave women pregnant in foreign ports? But that's okay right since it happened a helluva lot in the past as well?

Very little "buggery" takes place on the cruise at sea. Most of it happens in ports, just as it did in the past. The only difference now is that our sailors aren't leaving nearly as many pregnant foreigners or frequenting as many whore houses abroad.

Tax payers spend money to train sailors to go to sea and when it's time to weigh anchor, they can't go to sea because they were partying and whoring around.

You know those rubbers have more than one purpose than just putting them over the bore of a M-16.

And it's use to be part of the Navy's tradition to have a woman in every port of call.

I'd like to point out that when Apachrat served that small portable cameras weren't widely available and perhaps thats why he doesn't recall any incidents involving them. He might as well talk about how no one watched porn back in those days, or at least not as much, but of course fail to mention the total lack of VCRs and easily portable televisions projectors and film reels.

Just sayin'

It worked.

This just makes me laugh. I don't believe hardly anything this guy says but if it is true I'm glad the sick ****s like him are out I just hope he just isn't too loud with his bull**** as he finds his way to a hopefully early grave.

Tax payers spend money to train sailors to go to sea and when it's time to weigh anchor, they can't go to sea because they were partying and whoring around.

You know those rubbers have more than one purpose than just putting them over the bore of a M-16.

And it's use to be part of the Navy's tradition to have a woman in every port of call.

And the only ones who don't wear any rubbers are those who would whether they are getting with a girl from the ship or one in a foreign port. So, as I said, there are very few pregnancies that happen due to shipboard relationships because the relationships don't happen (for the most part) aboard the ship, but rather in port and there is just as much possibility of a baby coming from sex involving two sailors as there is one sailor and a civilian in port. The majority of the pregnancies we see are right before or just after the start of a cruise, and they are mainly just ones that weren't caught prior to leaving home port.

This just makes me laugh. I don't believe hardly anything this guy says but if it is true I'm glad the sick ****s like him are out I just hope he just isn't too loud with his bull**** as he finds his way to a hopefully early grave.

What part are you having a problem believing ?

Have you ever watched on the Discovery Channel or History or Military Channel the program titled "Sergeants." ? They interview a number of former Marine Corps Drill Instructors and Army Drill Sergeants basically talking about how recruit training in todays military has been dumbed down in the name of political correctness. How in Iraq and Afghanistan soldiers and Marines are bleeding and dieing more because there's no longer a hands on approach of preparing soldiers and Marines for the realities of combat. How questioning a recruits manly hood would motivate him to get along with the program and start putting out 101 %

Every thing I said above is historically correct, any Marine who went through Marine Corps boot camp during the "Old Corps" will concur.

And the only ones who don't wear any rubbers are those who would whether they are getting with a girl from the ship or one in a foreign port. So, as I said, there are very few pregnancies that happen due to shipboard relationships because the relationships don't happen (for the most part) aboard the ship, but rather in port and there is just as much possibility of a baby coming from sex involving two sailors as there is one sailor and a civilian in port. The majority of the pregnancies we see are right before or just after the start of a cruise, and they are mainly just ones that weren't caught prior to leaving home port.

Baby Aboard: The Navy Responds to High Rates of Unplanned Pregnancies Among Sailors

>"Unintended pregnancies are even more common among women in the Navy than they are in the general population and they can be even more disruptive to their lives and careers. The Navy is spending January addressing this issue through its peer-mentoring group, Coalition of Sailors Against Destructive Decisions (CSADD). Chapters “across the fleet” will spend the month focusing on “Planning a Family During Your Navy Career.”...

According to a Navy press release the effort is “intended to facilitate an open discussion with Sailors about the many ways having a child can affect an individual Sailor’s life.”
This focus was spurred by the Navy’s own data which shows extremely high rates of unintended pregnancy among sailors. The Navy’s most recent Pregnancy and Parenthood Survey, conducted in 2010, found that nearly three-fourths of all pregnancies were unplanned. Moreover, only 31 percent of couples reported using birth control when they became pregnant. Interestingly, data going back to 1988 show that the rate of unplanned pregnancies has remained fairly consistent. It is worth noting, though, that the survey used to garner these statistics is voluntary and the responses may not be generalizable to the entire Navy.

The data does show that operational pregnancies among enlisted servicewomen make up less than one percent of the Total Force. Operational pregnancies refer to those that happen when a woman is on sea duty. These present a bigger problem for the Navy as they can result in unplanned losses of manpower on a ship. The average operational pregnancy occurs in a junior enlisted soldier who is 23-years-old and single...

This is also reflected in attitudes around women in the military.

The Alliance for National Defense explains:

<There is a pervasive sense that if a woman has to be removed from a deployment due to pregnancy, it can cause that military unit to be “under manned” if that member is in a critical billet. The loss may create hardship on the remaining members of the unit if they must perform the work of the pregnant woman, and resentment can result.>..."<

Baby Aboard: The Navy Responds to High Rates of Unplanned Pregnancies Among Sailors

36 Women Pregnant Aboard a Navy Ship That Served in Gulf - NYTimes.com

This is your ship, the USS Lincoln !!!-> Sailors' Warning: It's the Navy, Not the 'Love Boat' - Los Angeles Times

>"Unintended pregnancies are even more common among women in the Navy than they are in the general population and they can be even more disruptive to their lives and careers. The Navy is spending January addressing this issue through its peer-mentoring group, Coalition of Sailors Against Destructive Decisions (CSADD). Chapters “across the fleet” will spend the month focusing on “Planning a Family During Your Navy Career.”...

According to a Navy press release the effort is “intended to facilitate an open discussion with Sailors about the many ways having a child can affect an individual Sailor’s life.”
This focus was spurred by the Navy’s own data which shows extremely high rates of unintended pregnancy among sailors. The Navy’s most recent Pregnancy and Parenthood Survey, conducted in 2010, found that nearly three-fourths of all pregnancies were unplanned. Moreover, only 31 percent of couples reported using birth control when they became pregnant. Interestingly, data going back to 1988 show that the rate of unplanned pregnancies has remained fairly consistent. It is worth noting, though, that the survey used to garner these statistics is voluntary and the responses may not be generalizable to the entire Navy.

The data does show that operational pregnancies among enlisted servicewomen make up less than one percent of the Total Force. Operational pregnancies refer to those that happen when a woman is on sea duty. These present a bigger problem for the Navy as they can result in unplanned losses of manpower on a ship. The average operational pregnancy occurs in a junior enlisted soldier who is 23-years-old and single...

This is also reflected in attitudes around women in the military.

The Alliance for National Defense explains:

<There is a pervasive sense that if a woman has to be removed from a deployment due to pregnancy, it can cause that military unit to be “under manned” if that member is in a critical billet. The loss may create hardship on the remaining members of the unit if they must perform the work of the pregnant woman, and resentment can result.>..."<

36 Women Pregnant Aboard a Navy Ship That Served in Gulf - NYTimes.com

This is your ship, the USS Lincoln !!!-> Sailors' Warning: It's the Navy, Not the 'Love Boat' - Los Angeles Times

Sea duty involves being attached to a ship. My husband could be considered on "sea duty" right now because of being attached to a ship, but he still works on shore and hasn't been at sea on a ship his entire enlistment. I was in port much more than I was at sea while attached to the Lincoln. And we only had a couple of girls who left the ship due to pregnancies in my department, only one while we were at sea, and that happened less than a month into our deployment (which she detached from the ship, had an abortion, which she paid for, and was back onboard within the month after she left). We do have cases where there is sex aboard ship, but there have been cases of sex aboard ship since the dawn of ships. It was men in the past having sex with each other under the radar ("it's not gay underway" is a popular submariner saying).

And straight from your article

"Inappropriate contact between men and women of the 5,500-member mixed crew is rare because of the severe penalties imposed on violators of the Navy's ban on fraternization and intimacy aboard its vessels."

I was onboard during that article time. I know what went on and what didn't. I also know there is very little privacy aboard a ship. Many women are on birth control, and we get condoms given to us any time we hit a liberty port.

And the "36 women pregnant" article was from 1991, prior to women being allowed aboard any combat ships.

>

Could someone answer a serious question...

................... Where was the gender of the victim identified in the cases from the OP?

>>>>

Sea duty involves being attached to a ship.

Just a technical correction.

No it doesn't. It means, to paraphrase, to be in a deployable status. I was in 4 different squadrons. One was a training command - it wasn't sea duty. Two were deployable to ships - they were sea duty. One was deployable, but the aircraft were to big to land on ships - it was still sea duty.

>>>>

Back
Top Bottom