• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Navy Yard: Swat Team 'Stood Down' at mass shooting scene[W:13]

Re: Navy Yard: Swat Team 'Stood Down' at mass shooting scene

A mentally-ill man goes on a rampage, police agencies screw up their internal communication during the crisis... and it's all Obama's fault. Honest to god, some people only use their brains for a set decoration.

Who thinks Obama had anything to do with this?

I don't claim that nothing is ever Obama's fault, but this is not one that is. He has nothing to do with calls that are made about SWAT teams in general. So unless you have solid proof otherwise, you are making a horrible assumption that this is his fault based purely on his partisanship. There is plenty that is that man's fault, but it is just plain wrong to blame him for everything.

He has something to say about security forces on a United States naval base.

According to Radley Balko's book, "Rise of the Warrior Cop", it is not uncommon for SWAT teams to actually disengage in heavy situations. They did so at Columbine, also, for example.

I guess they feel safer when breaking down doors at 3am and terrorizing 7 yr old kids and shooting family pets.

So far in this thread...

It's Obama's fault...
SWAT teams are terrorists and pet killers...
This is Benghazi all over again...

tumblr_mdum01IUqi1r57yezo1_500.gif

Wait, why was no one armed at a naval base?

Retreat seems to be a standing order in the Obama government.

Here's how a situation like this works: when a bad thing happens, a red line to Obama is immediately rung. If he does nothing, then it's all his fault. Actually, it's just all his fault.

This would be hard to criticize, in my opinion. They may have felt they had enough response -- or had no way for everyone deployed to communicate with everyone else. THAT short-coming could spell disaster.

No criticism here without more information.

Precisely this. You Monday Morning Quarterbacks would fudge your undies at the first sight of an emergency like this, or Benghazi. Don't act like internet tough guys.

Generally I would agree with you. It should be the smart thing to do. But it may not turn out that way.

The federal government, run by Obama, is involved. One thing his administration has made clear, they won't really investigate anything if there is any chance they may not look good in the outcome. Based on it's record, the "fix' is already in motion.

This is utter inanity on an almost metaphysical plane.

A mentally-ill man goes on a rampage, police agencies screw up their internal communication during the crisis... and it's all Obama's fault. Honest to god, some people only use their brains for a set decoration.

I don't even like Obama, but the utter derangement it takes for people to blame THIS on him ... it would be disgusting if it wasn't so sad.

Anyone who claims Bush got it as bad from the left as Obama does from the right is a blithering idiot.

So far in this thread...

It's Obama's fault...
SWAT teams are terrorists and pet killers...
This is Benghazi all over again...

Yes.

SWAT Teams, Flash-Bang Grenades, Shooting the Family Pet: The Shocking Outcomes of Police Militarization in the War on Drugs | Alternet

Police decision to shoot dog questioned | abc11.com

The Drug War Goes to the Dogs | Cato Institute

Mayor wants federal probe after SWAT raids house, kills dogs - CNN.com

And Your Little Dog, Too | National Review Online

I can provide documented evidence proving so (see above). Can you provide anything legitimate to counter other than your own uninformed personal bias?

Well, to be fair to Obama it must be mentioned that he was down in Corpus Christi, Texas directing traffic at the scene of a head on fatality collison. Although I think when the Commander in Chief is called away for a traffic accident that Biden should have stepped in.

Same thing happened with 9-11, where was Bush to stop the second plane crashing into the twin towers? Later found out he was driving the fire truck to a house fire in Rantoul, Ill.

These presidents just come short.

Only a few incidents here and there don't speak for 5,000 SWAT teams in over 200 major American cities. Can you provide statistical evidence? Here, let's start:

How many animals have been killed by SWAT team members as opposed to the general populace? I'd like a source which states incidents per 100,000 deployments of SWAT.

Only a few incidents here and there don't speak for 5,000 SWAT teams in over 200 major American cities. Can you provide statistical evidence? Here, let's start:

How many animals have been killed by SWAT team members as opposed to the general populace? I'd like a source which states incidents per 100,000 deployments of SWAT.
In other words, no you cannot provide anything other than your own uninformed personal bias. Duly noted.

In other words, no you cannot provide anything other than your own uninformed personal bias. Duly noted.

You said you could provide evidence. I asked you for something more than blogs and Op-Eds. C'man radcen - put up. Can you show us how many SWAT incidents per 100,000 deployments result in the deaths of animals?

Yes, you could fill pages with such examples.

Very little, and nothing about their direct actions in a specific situation. He doesn't control that at all. And from what I read, this didn't sound like it was a military SWAT team, but rather a civilian SWAT team from somewhere else in the area.

Back
Top Bottom