• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Navy to Retrofit 3 New San Diego-Based Warships to Launch Hypersonic Missiles

Not possible.

It is absolutely possible. Northrop would love a bit of that good, good loving, as would Lockheed's other competitors.

The penalty for weaseling on a contract should absolutely include the possibility that you get locked out of bidding for 20 years.

It is absolutely possible. Northrop would love a bit of that good, good loving, as would Lockheed's other competitors.

The penalty for weaseling on a contract should absolutely include the possibility that you get locked out of bidding for 20 years.

You do know that Lockheed Martin has a literal mountain of institutional expertise that cannot be allowed to to to waste. ?

You do know that Lockheed Martin has a literal mountain of institutional expertise that cannot be allowed to to to waste. ?

Which would be hired up by competitors that would hopefully take the example of Lockheed to heart.

Which would be hired up by competitors that would hopefully take the example of Lockheed to heart.
Can you be sure of that?

You obviously don't know anything about preserving institutional knowledge in the defense industry.

Tell me. Can you explain why the U.S. Navy has three Seawolf class submarines when it really only wanted one?

In other words you can't reply. You've got nothing.

Tell me of your vast experience in the arms industry, and then I'll tell you about mine.

iu

Bravo. These should eventually replace all of our Tomahawk missiles.

Hmmmmmm.

Hardly seems as if these are "defensive" in nature.

They should spend that money on food, shelter and healthcare IMO. BidenCare™. We dont need missiles.

Tell me of your vast experience in the arms industry, and then I'll tell you about mine.
I have no personal experience in any manufacturing industry.

But I can read.

Your turn.

iu

Bravo. These should eventually replace all of our Tomahawk missiles.
What's the practical value of adding these missiles to a class of ship we built 3 of, then cancelled? Any idea as to the cost? I imagine that cost does not include the development cost of these guns that are now being dismantled... that I imagine the government paid for as well.

It's depressing how in business these bad decisions get people fired; in government, I imagine everyone involved received healthy promotions.

I have no personal experience in any manufacturing industry.

But I can read.

Your turn.

I spent 2012-2021 working in the arms industry in an engineering management capacity.

Do you know what defense contracting actually does?

Prove what?

You think I'm going to post traceable material on this board? LOL. Go doxx someone else.
You made the claim about your "expertise". You are obligated to back that up.

Or withdraw your claim.

You made the claim about your "expertise". You are obligated to back that up.
You claim you were a teacher. Prove that.
Or withdraw your claim.

LOL. But now that you've implied that I am a liar, we can have loads of fun on this here board.

We're all out of hand grenades, but endless petty retribution is half off!

You claim you were a teacher. Prove that.
Too easy. Look at my avatar pictures. You can go online and find copies of my contracts when I was a teacher at each of those schools.

Checkmate. Game Over.

Too easy. Look at my avatar pictures. You can go online and find copies of my contracts when I was a teacher at each of those schools.

Checkmate. Game Over.

I can pull any kind of picture I want off the internet.

Not actually proof.

Post your credentials or you're lying.

I spent 2012-2021 working in the arms industry in an engineering management capacity.

Do you know what defense contracting actually does?
Would you be able to ballpark the net total cost of this armament, including the cost of the system being removed? Trying to roughly gauge the per-firing cost of this system over life, assuming maybe 20 fired per destroyer over life.

Would you be able to ballpark the net total cost of this armament, including the cost of the system being removed? Trying to roughly gauge the per-firing cost of this system over life, assuming maybe 20 fired per destroyer over life.

Not accurately. I was involved in drones, which would be kind of like asking a proctologist to give you an assessment of a brain condition.

But it bothers me when contractors blatantly rip off the government without also actually handing over a viable product. It makes me feel that they aren't being professionals about armageddon.

Not accurately. I was involved in drones, which would be kind of like asking a proctologist to give you an assessment of a brain condition.

But it bothers me when contractors blatantly rip off the government without also actually handing over a viable product. It makes me feel that they aren't being professionals about armageddon.
Actual workers in the defense industry seldom use the term "armageddon". So it is obvious who you are...NOT.

Actual workers in the defense industry seldom use the term "armageddon". So it is obvious who you are...NOT.
You're gonna strain something reaching like that.

So now Dayton tells us that industry professionals use only technical terms when not at work.

You just earned the prize.

ung.png

Indeed. And, it is obvious who you are... namely, someone with decades of experience surveying defense industry professionals as to their use of the word 'armageddon' - on that particular subject, I imagine that you're not only extensively published, you've also achieved tenure. Nicely done.

Back
Top Bottom