• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Navy shooter didn't use AR-15

Of course..............so what? :roll:

Please explain why it's relevant that this guy was "a liberal and an Obama supporter" (which, btw, hasn't been established; the only comment from the friend that was interviewed said he liked Obama better than Bush. Well, so do I, and I am hardly an "Obama supporter," I'm more in the "laugh at the utterly moronic things people say about Obama while still criticizing his policies I disagree with" camp).

What "libbos" were claiming this? The identity of the shooter was known fairly early on.

Right here...

I think assuming a gun massacre was carried out by a muslim is clearly nothing but prejudice and confirmation bias Most gun massacres are carried out by rightwing gun nuts -- like the guy who did this one. But conservatives don't remember those since they don't fit their stereotype.

Meanwhile, whoever claimed that the killer in this case was a muslim extremist was dead wrong -- the guy was a Texan, with a concealed weapons permit, which is a lot worse.

Please explain why it's relevant that this guy was "a liberal and an Obama supporter" (which, btw, hasn't been established; the only comment from the friend that was interviewed said he liked Obama better than Bush. Well, so do I, and I am hardly an "Obama supporter," I'm more in the "laugh at the utterly moronic things people say about Obama while still criticizing his policies I disagree with" camp).

It was very relevant when some folks thought he was white, southern and Conservative.

It was very relevant when some folks thought he was white, southern and Conservative.

Again, where were all these people? The shooter was ID'd pretty early.

Anytime there's an incident like this, both sides like to jump to conclusions, but there certainly wasn't an overwhelming "OMG HE'S A WHITE SOUTHERN CONSERVATIVE" mantra coming from the "left," and even if there had been, that's not particularly relevant either.

Right here...

One guy. Clearly representative of the "Libbo" hivemind.

This is one thing that often bugs me a smidge ... why is it that when one "liberal" says something half-cocked, that person's point of view is immediately attached to anyone even slightly left-of-center?

Again, where were all these people? The shooter was ID'd pretty early.

Anytime there's an incident like this, both sides like to jump to conclusions, but there certainly wasn't an overwhelming "OMG HE'S A WHITE SOUTHERN CONSERVATIVE" mantra coming from the "left," and even if there had been, that's not particularly relevant either.

Denial is a wonderful thing...isn't it?

The victims stay dead, whatever the delivery system the madman used.

Ultimately, it doesn't actually matter what firearm was used.

America's #1 problem with firearms is that CRAZY PEOPLE are getting them. The type isn't that important. It's the mere fact they get ANY.

We have a real mental health problem in America and until we deal with it, expect more mass shootings by crazy people.

What about the fact that every news station hyped their anti-gun agenda claiming the shooter had an AR-15? Would that be considered biased reporting? Even Democratic politicians jumped on the band wagon on the floor. These people need to get real.

Politicians, media mischaracterize Navy Yard shootings gun | The Daily Caller
Someone could stab a bunch of people, and they'd say he used an AR-15. Bombing? AR-15. Some dumb kid fell down a well? AR-15. It's the popular thing to hate, because nobody understands what an AR-15 actually is outside of this scary black thing army guys use to free the **** out of villages of little brown people in countries the average American didn't even know existed. Before that, people were reporting all kinds of crazy ****. From the reporting on Columbine, you'd think it was 50 guys with M-60 machineguns tearing the place asunder. It's shallow sensationalism to get readers/viewers to buy their crap. If it weren't for the first amendment, I'd support any legislature putting extremely strict limits on what those vultures can print.

Captain Obtuse

Back
Top Bottom