• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nature says

Yeah, the vaccines are perfectly safe. Unless they aren't. We can trust the CDC to tell us the whole truth. Except when they don't.

Because they are safe for humans. Eat your horse paste.

Vaccines work by preventing infection, NOT by lessening symptoms and allowing the virus to stay in your body and be passed on to others!

YOUR IGNORANCE of vaccines is absolute.

And I would quite possibly die from covid, when the chance of that for someone without type 2 diabetes is near zero? You call near zero quite possible?
😂 this shows me you dont understand what vaccines do.

Vaccines work by preventing infection, NOT by lessening symptoms and allowing the virus to stay in your body and be passed on to others!

And I would quite possibly die from covid, when the chance of that for someone without type 2 diabetes is near zero? You call near zero quite possible?
You are just lying now.

If "deadly" means a tiny percentage can die from it, then covid is deadly. But a tiny percentage can die from the flu, yet we don't call the flu deadly.
1 million. This is much more deadly than the flu.

Eat your horse paste now.

Great Odin's beard, if you are vaccinated against polio you will/may still be infected with polio, but you will kill it before it renders you into one of the 5% who are paralyzed.

That's the principle behind all inoculation and vaccination, that you will successfully fight the infection, not that you get a magicked and impenetrable pathogen shield.

Wrong, vaccines do not prevent infection. They prime the immune system to deal with an actual infection when it occurs. The rapid immune response generally results in lesser severity or shorter duration of symptoms.
Speak for yourself. You don't even understand how vaccines work. The fact that you think vaccines are "poison" only proves your ignorance and bias.
Millions have already died from covid, with and without comorbidities.

Great Odin's beard, if you are vaccinated against polio you will/may still be infected with polio, but you will kill it before it renders you into one of the 5% who are paralyzed.

That's the principle behind all inoculation and vaccination, that you will successfully fight the infection, not that you get a magicked and impenetrable pathogen shield.

The polio vaccine prevents you from getting polio. The immune system is ready for it, and destroys it before it becomes an infection.

The polio vaccine prevents you from getting polio. The immune system is ready for it, and destroys it before it becomes an infection.

You fundamentally misunderstand infection. Were you open to inquiry, I might offer that you start there.

Oh really, you think I would have died? I got the poison vaccines because we were told it would protect the elderly and vulnerable, and I was visiting elderly relatives. But they were lying or mistaken -- the vaccines do not protect others. They can prevent some severe disease and death by suppressing the immune system. They don't prevent you from catching covid or giving it to others.
Poison vaccines! :ROFLMAO: Did nobody tell you that not all vaccines are 100% effective, or confer lifetime immunity? The ''poison vaccine'' clearly didn't kill you, so what's the problem? Billions of doses of these 'poison vaccines' have been administered. How many died or became seriously ill as a result?
Furthermore if you're citing a study, make sure it's peer reviewed, otherwise it is little more than anecdotal until corroborated. You know this!

does anyone else have this anti vaxxer fatique? I am really tired of this ignorant bs and of people who don't have a clue how stuff actually works.

The early variants killed people who were obese or very old and had type 2 diabetes. Many of them actually died from something else, but had a positive covid test.

Covid is no longer deadly even for the very old, since the newer variants are not nearly as bad.

400+ people are still dying everyday from Covid on average.

Your act is getting old.

I got covid twice, first unvaccinated, which nearly killed me, and the second time after vaccination, with very mild symptoms. I'm convinced that the vaccines saved many lives.

I think the distancing and quarantines were probably not very effective. And the masks were marginal protection. Frequent hand washing is possibly better protection.

I got covid twice, first unvaccinated, which nearly killed me, and the second time after vaccination, with very mild symptoms. I'm convinced that the vaccines saved many lives.

I think the distancing and quarantines were probably not very effective. And the masks were marginal protection. Frequent hand washing is possibly better protection.
Masks and distancing is effective when employed properly. The problem is, not many people did that.

Masks and distancing is effective when employed properly. The problem is, not many people did that.
I think masks in clinical and congested areas are effective but not in more spread-out settings. Distancing in stores was a joke, and actually caused more close contact. I already try to keep away from people without consciously trying.

I think masks in clinical and congested areas are effective but not in more spread-out settings. Distancing in stores was a joke, and actually caused more close contact. I already try to keep away from people without consciously trying.
Correctly, emphasis.

Why would masks be less effective in spread out areas? There might be less risk of viral transmission in less congested areas, but that doesn't reduce the efficacy of masks.

Why would masks be less effective in spread out areas? There might be less risk of viral transmission in less congested areas, but that doesn't reduce the efficacy of masks.
Because aerosol particles don't travel that far?

Because aerosol particles don't travel that far?
That simply reduces the risk of transmission. Not the efficacy of masks. But particles can linger in the air for a while too.

That simply reduces the risk of transmission. Not the efficacy of masks. But particles can linger in the air for a while too.
Several hours, ims.

Several hours, ims.
Just when you think it's safe to remove your mask and then...bam, you walk right into a lingering covid saturated aerosol cloud some walking petri dish coughed there a while ago.

Poison vaccines! :ROFLMAO: Did nobody tell you that not all vaccines are 100% effective, or confer lifetime immunity? The ''poison vaccine'' clearly didn't kill you, so what's the problem? Billions of doses of these 'poison vaccines' have been administered. How many died or became seriously ill as a result?
Furthermore if you're citing a study, make sure it's peer reviewed, otherwise it is little more than anecdotal until corroborated. You know this!

You don't know what "anecdotal" means. This was a careful analysis of large quantities of data. Published in Nature, so it got past the editors. You want to simply ignore the facts.

You are convinced your symptoms were mild after the vaccine. How would you know? It was a different, milder, variant, for one thing. And you also had nature immunity. You don't know the reason it wasn't as bad the second time.

Masks are less effective in spread out areas because they are needed.

Masks are less effective in spread out areas because they are needed.
That makes no sense. Masks are also needed in more congested areas. So how is their efficacy affected by population density?

Back
Top Bottom