• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Natural gas prices, supply signal expensive winter heating bills

NG is largely a byproduct of oil production
If that were true why aren't there a lot more NG fields near where the Oil fields are and as for Biden reversing The Trump loose regulations ( or the LACK of ) why would stopping drilling and Fracking on Federal lands cause prices to go up when there are very few Oil fields or NG fields even near Federal lands
Here are some maps for you to look at
Maps of oil and NG fields in the US
Map of Federal lands
and as you can see and read the Marcellus NG field one of the Biggest in the world and the biggest in the US is on very little Federal land
Have a nice night

I can not speak for anyone else, but here in central Ohio, my gas budget went up $26 a month a couple weeks ago. It is not just me, others are complaining about it too. Some of you may say no big deal. But when you add it to the rise in cost for groceries, approximately $20 a week for two people, the the big hike in property taxes, the added expense of filling up the vehicles comes to a good chunk of change. I feel sorry for those young families.

No it is not. Some is but far from most. Propane is a byproduct of oil refining though.

Where is natural gas found?

In some places, natural gas moved into large cracks and spaces between layers of overlying rock. The natural gas found in these types of formations is sometimes called conventional natural gas. In other places, natural gas occurs in the tiny pores (spaces) within some formations of shale, sandstone, and other types of sedimentary rock. This natural gas is referred to as shale gas or tight gas, and it is sometimes called unconventional natural gas. Natural gas also occurs with deposits of crude oil, and this natural gas is called associated natural gas. Natural gas deposits are found on land, and some are offshore and deep under the ocean floor. A type of natural gas found in coal deposits is called coalbed methane.
"Natural gas has essentially become a byproduct of oil drilling,"

I can not speak for anyone else, but here in central Ohio, my gas budget went up $26 a month a couple weeks ago. It is not just me, others are complaining about it too. Some of you may say no big deal. But when you add it to the rise in cost for groceries, approximately $20 a week for two people, the the big hike in property taxes, the added expense of filling up the vehicles comes to a good chunk of change. I feel sorry for those young families.
As is true in every thread in this forum leftist circle the wagons around Biden. Everything he touches that turns to shit which is everything he touches is either Trumps fault or unavoidable bad luck.
Bottom line on this particular subject is we went from energy independence and being the worlds largest oil producer under Trump to begging opec to produce more oil under Biden.
We went from gas being cheaper than it's been in many years to skyrocketing well into ouch territory virtually overnight. After Biden reversed every Trump energy policy that had America's foot on the gas pedal we went to having Saudi's once again having their foot on our throat. Under Trump we actually reached zero Saudi oil imports which greatly reduced "war for oil" scenarios. Under Trump the world was a safer place. The establishment is back in charge and as winter sets in America will shiver due to NG prices that doubled under Biden while the ruling elites sip champagne and laugh at the rest of us.

By-product of what drilling?
Oil?
well again just to let you know most of the Gas wells and gas deposits are NOT near oil deposits
and yes they have to drill for it ( they may get some gas as a by-product of oil drilling but nothing like they get from the wellsin gas fields away from oil fields )
and IF you look AGAIN ( or for the first time ) at the maps I have posted several times you will see the Federal lands that Biden stopped new drilling and fracking on aren't near the large oil or gas deposits
Again if you looked at those maps you would see that most of the Federal lands Biden stopped drilling on are in the Mountings are far out west or up in Alaska and away from the oil deposits
Yes there is a lot of oil up in Alaska and there is as much land open for drilling up there the size of TX
Have a nice day

Is it possibly because of supply and demand?
and the fact that Trump pushed to export more of our natural gas over seas?
and it actually has nothing to do with Biden
Yes Biden did stop fracking and drilling on FEDERAL land but most of our gas and oil do not come from Federal lands
and your Gas would probably come from the Marcellus field and they export a lot of that gas
so if they can get more for selling their gas overseas and if you want it here you are going to have to pay for it
Have a nice day

Back
Top Bottom