• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Natural gas prices, supply signal expensive winter heating bills

YEP it is
and YOU have been IMPLYING it over and over.
Now answer some of my questions
First of all aren't you implying that Biden has stopped ALL the drilling of new oil wells in the US ?
again here is YOUR own post 208
"Wells don't last forever. You need a constant supply of new drilling to replace played out wells. That chain has been severed and as wells decrease in production there are no new wells to replace them. Simple really"
IS there any where in Biden's PO that says we are going to stop all drilling and fracking in the US

what DON"T you understand?
Have a nice day
"All" is your word your interpretation. Quit lying.

"And you pay the price at the pump for Biden anti drilling policy. You will also pay double to heat your home than you did last year.
Think of a river and how it grows with every tributary. Now think of these tributaries drying up as oil wells do every day. Biden severely restricted oil companies ability open up new tributaries into the river of oil. The river quickly shrinks. Doesn't take long at all."

Last edited:
And you pay the price at the pump for Biden anti drilling policy. You will also pay double to heat your home than you did last year.
Think of a river and how it grows with every tributary. Now think of these tributaries drying up as oil wells do every day. Biden severely restricted oil companies ability open up new tributaries into the river of oil. The river quickly shrinks. Doesn't take long at all.
What the heck DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The oil Companies CAN drill ALL they want on Private lands just NOT on FEDERAL LANDS
and as I have shown you that is MOST of TX. OK Al. and 142.000.000 acres in Alaska
there IS NO shortage of Private lands for the Oil Companies to Drill on
again here are maps of all the Federal lands and private lands
have a nice day

The oil Companies CAN drill ALL they want on Private lands just NOT on FEDERAL LANDS
and as I have shown you that is MOST of TX. OK Al. and 142.000.000 acres in Alaska
there IS NO shortage of Private lands for the Oil Companies to Drill on
again here are maps of all the Federal lands and private lands
have a nice day

"Biden severely restricted oil companies ability open up new tributaries into the river of oil"

"All" is your word your interpretation. Quit lying.

"And you pay the price at the pump for Biden anti drilling policy. You will also pay double to heat your home than you did last year.
Think of a river and how it grows with every tributary. Now think of these tributaries drying up as oil wells do every day. Biden severely restricted oil companies ability open up new tributaries into the river of oil. The river quickly shrinks. Doesn't take long at all."
Did YOU or did YOU NOT imply that Biden has stopped all drilling in the US?
YES or NO
maybe you should go back and reread YOUR own posts
have a nice day

"Biden severely restricted oil companies ability open up new tributaries into the river of oil"
well it seems like I UNDERSTAND that Biden did NOT stop new drilling and fracking on private land in the US and did stop it ONLY on FEDERAL LANDS
and that there are millions of acres of PRIVATE lands that oil Companies can STILL drill and frack on
UNLIKE YOU
Have a nice day

My quote.

"Biden severely restricted oil companies ability open up new tributaries into the river of oil."

My evidence.

Biden administration suspends new oil, gas drilling permits on federal land​

Have a nice day.

PLEASE READ YOUR OWN POST 208
here it is
Wells don't last forever. You need a constant supply of new drilling to replace played out wells. That chain has been severed and as wells decrease in production there are no new wells to replace them. Simple really.
did you or did you not say That chain has been severed and there are no new wells to replace them
and by meaning no new wells to replace them we aren't drilling any more because Biden won't let them ?
and AGAIN Biden has NOT stopped oil well drilling
it has ONLY been stopped on FEDERAL LANDS
Have a nice day

Last edited:
well it seems like I UNDERSTAND that Biden did NOT stop new drilling and fracking on private land in the US and did stop it ONLY on FEDERAL LANDS
and that there are millions of acres of PRIVATE lands that oil Companies can STILL drill and frack on
UNLIKE YOU
Have a nice day
Very good. Now do you understand Shutting down all new drilling on federal lands has an impact on US oil production?
Do you understand that as wells play out every day there's less land available to drill new wells and replenish our US oil supply?

This isn't rocket science. It's simple math.

Electricity prices (wholesale) hit record high on Thursday here in Spain, but is estimated to fall 15% by tomorrow Saturday.. Those kind of swings are nuts.

Electricity prices (wholesale) hit record high on Thursday here in Spain, but is estimated to fall 15% by tomorrow Saturday.. Those kind of swings are nuts.
and they are occurring worldwide...the price increases are mostly due to the pandemic...

Enjoy your winter!

Attachments

• B5EE5AAB-80B7-41FD-9AAF-44CB3816F99F.jpeg
    B5EE5AAB-80B7-41FD-9AAF-44CB3816F99F.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
and a few other factors.. it is the perfect storm.
Nah, there’s a Democrat in office. Obviously this is on the president. Didn’t you know they control the world supply of every good and service?

Enjoy your winter!
Mine will be fine...I am not dependent on the power grid in one of my places...if it gets to crazy, I will battle the snow in Colorado and go live there....as I have a 100% off grid set up there. I won't be worried about what the prices are then...except for food..

Very good. Now do you understand Shutting down all new drilling on federal lands has an impact on US oil production?
Do you understand that as wells play out every day there's less land available to drill new wells and replenish our US oil supply?

This isn't rocket science. It's simple math.
I never said stopping drilling on Federal land wouldn't effect supply. ( it won't right away and if some other President doesn't change that policy I am sure it would but I bet there will be one that does and it wouldn't be for some time )
MY point that I have been trying to get through your thick skull has been Biden stopping new permits and fracking on Federal land has nothing to do with oil prices going up in the time he has been in office. as people on here have implied
Just like people on here implying Biden has shut down all new drilling in the US when he hasn't it is only on Federal lands
and as for there being " Less land " to drill on yes there is.
But lets see something like 28 % of all land in the US is federal land that leaves 72% of the rest of the US they can drill on ( and at least for Natural gas wells they can drill on in a persons back yard
I know I have one just out side my land and a friend of mine has one right in her front yard )
IF you would have looked at the maps I posted you would have see just how much land in oil producing states is NOT federal land and can be used for Drilling ( almost all of TX and OK )
Land that Biden has NOT stopped giving out permits to drill and frack on.
Most of TX/ OK/ and many more oil producing states including Alaska
In Alaska alone there is almost as many open acres of land to drill on as there is in all of TX
TX total of 168 Million acres of land in Alaska there are 142 Million acres of land open for drilling
that is just about 26 million acres less then ALL the land in TX
and when the time comes when we really need to drill for oil and there isn't any other place to drill the Gov. will open the other millions of acres of land in Alaska and other places
Have a nice day

The pricing of Electricity has always baffled me
Why do people who live with in about 60 miles of one of the largest Hydro plants in the world paying such high prices
the People in Western NY near Niagara Falls pay more then people in a lot of places
I have two brother in laws in Fla. one near the Villages and one in Clearwater and both of them pay less then we do here right near NF hydro plant
Have a nice day

Why do people who live with in about 60 miles of one of the largest Hydro plants in the world paying such high prices
the People in Western NY near Niagara Falls pay more then people in a lot of places
I have two brother in laws in Fla. one near the Villages and one in Clearwater and both of them pay less then we do here right near NF hydro plant
Have a nice day
National avg.is about 11 cents per KH and western NY pays a little over 13 cents per KW
have a nice day

Have a nice day
sometimes the cost to produce alternative energy is higher than the cost to produce energy with fossil fuels...however, it is better over all to produce the clean energy and it uses infinite resources...wind, solar, etc...water isn't infinite, but the static energy created by the movement of water is...

I never said stopping drilling on Federal land wouldn't effect supply. ( it won't right away and if some other President doesn't change that policy I am sure it would but I bet there will be one that does and it wouldn't be for some time )
MY point that I have been trying to get through your thick skull has been Biden stopping new permits and fracking on Federal land has nothing to do with oil prices going up in the time he has been in office. as people on here have implied
Just like people on here implying Biden has shut down all new drilling in the US when he hasn't it is only on Federal lands
and as for there being " Less land " to drill on yes there is.
But lets see something like 28 % of all land in the US is federal land that leaves 72% of the rest of the US they can drill on ( and at least for Natural gas wells they can drill on in a persons back yard
I know I have one just out side my land and a friend of mine has one right in her front yard )
IF you would have looked at the maps I posted you would have see just how much land in oil producing states is NOT federal land and can be used for Drilling ( almost all of TX and OK )
Land that Biden has NOT stopped giving out permits to drill and frack on.
Most of TX/ OK/ and many more oil producing states including Alaska
In Alaska alone there is almost as many open acres of land to drill on as there is in all of TX
TX total of 168 Million acres of land in Alaska there are 142 Million acres of land open for drilling
that is just about 26 million acres less then ALL the land in TX
and when the time comes when we really need to drill for oil and there isn't any other place to drill the Gov. will open the other millions of acres of land in Alaska and other places
Have a nice day
Sorry but when Biden closed federal lands to new drilling he severely restricted the oil industry ability to drill new wells as fast as old wells went dry.
It's supply and demand. Cut supply while demand stays even or goes up and prices for the good or service also goes up.
It's a simple and undeniable economic fact.

sometimes the cost to produce alternative energy is higher than the cost to produce energy with fossil fuels...however, it is better over all to produce the clean energy and it uses infinite resources...wind, solar, etc...water isn't infinite, but the static energy created by the movement of water is...
Most of everything you say I agree with
one of the largest energy sources in the world is water and it is virtually untapped
not only the energy from " wave motion " but we can produce Hydrogen.
sending an electrical current through water ( doesn't matter salt or fresh. and the earth is covered with 2/3s salt water ) and that electrical current can be recovered and used in our electrical system
Billings energy corp had developed a safe way to store and use Hydrogen to drive cars well over 30 years ( maybe 40 ) ago
I was watching them and was going to buy stock in their Co. then they were gone. I heard they were bought up by big oil
But from what I have read over the years Hydrogen is abundant and can be safely stored, used and the only by product of burning it as energy in cars is water vapor
I have been a big fan of Hydrogen for years
Have a nice night

Sorry but when Biden closed federal lands to new drilling he severely restricted the oil industry ability to drill new wells as fast as old wells went dry.
It's supply and demand. Cut supply while demand stays even or goes up and prices for the good or service also goes up.
bullcrap.

Well for one thing there are people in NY that have no problem letting them build a Natural Gas pipeline to the NE states
it is not oil where if it leaks it can destroy peoples drinking water
I am a big fan of not letting them frack in areas where people use water wells
I don't know what your experience is with natural gas well fracking or even natural gas wells
I have a little . ( they drilled a major producing well about 100 ft from my land ) I live a few miles from the NY / PA state line in western NY
we do not allow fracking in NY but PA does and over the years there have been water wells in South west NY affected by that fracking
My sister lives about 12 miles from the line and has been lucky so far but she has had friends who live about 9 or 10 miles from PA that had their wells that never went dry over 30 plus years go dry . when they started fracking near the state line ( it may or may not have had an effect on their well but the well went dry about a week or so after they started fracking in PA )
one had a good water well now can't use it because there is Natural gas coming into the house in the water
You can lite a match at the sink and it shoots fire
IF they could frack safely so peoples water wells and drinking water isn't effected then I say go ahead
Just like building the Keystone pipe line IF they could build it around and away from that major aquifer where a small leak could destroy millions of people 's drinking water
IF we really need these things we have to put them in with looking towards what could happen in the future and make sure it won't effect peoples water supply, we only have so much drinking water , and there is Nothing that can replace Water.
Oil and Natural Gas can be replaced and also can be used and wells can be drilled safely
Have a nice day
Pipelines are the safest way to move oil and natural gas.. There certainly are concerns about fracking and some studies don't necessarily ring true.. https://www.cred.org/studies-show-fracking-safe/

WHAT???
are YOU really that stupid to think that?
HE ONLY stopped NEW drilling and fracking ON Federal land
that is 28% of all the land in the US and IF you would have taken some time to look at those maps I posted ( and I don't think you did ) you would have known that except Alaska there is not that much Federal land in the oil producing area of the US
LOOK at those maps there is hardly any in TX, OK. Al.
and in Alaska YES he shut down drilling in a good part of the state BUT that still has left open an area almost the size of TX that is known to have oil reserves in it
WHY can't the oil companies drill in these areas and " Replace" wells that are drying up?
seem that there could be ( there IS ) millions of acres still were there is oil and they can drill new wells
besides wouldn't it be a wise idea to put some of the Federal land in reserve so some day down the line when the other 72% of the US has run out of places to drill for oil and the areas we have now are tapped out we will still have that other 28% on Federal land? ( YEARS from now )
so as I said before when people like you on the right are saying that because he stopped giving out new drilling and fracking permits for Federal lands the price of oil is already going up that is a LIE
when are YOU and the People on the right going to stop LYING about this?
Have a nice night

Pipelines are the safest way to move oil and natural gas.. There certainly are concerns about fracking and some studies don't necessarily ring true.. https://www.cred.org/studies-show-fracking-safe/
YES they may be
I have no problem with Natural gas it is NOT a liquid that can sink into the ground and destroy millions of peoples drinking water ( but from what I have seen the pipe line they wanted to run through NY went too close to the highly populated areas of NY for some people.)
and IF they really wanted it in the NE states why don't we have it go from the Marcellus gas fields up through Canada east to NH and the rest of the NE states
as for the Keystone pipe line it was going to transport TAR SAND OIL the DIRTIEST oil known to man
and it was NOT going to be used here but put on ships sent to China , the only people making money from that pipeline would have been the Canadians and They ( the Canadian people and their Gov ) didn't want a pipe line transporting such dirty oil running through their country , if they did they could have just run it to their west coast.
Have a nice night

OH and as for the fracking thing , as I said I know people who's water wells have been messed up because of Fracking
and with all this BS that is MY major concern I have a well 2 in fact on this land and one on the other and if they came in here and fracked and I lost my only source of drinking water I would be really POed
Have a nice night

Back
Top Bottom