• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NATO to Meet on Poisoning of Putin Critic Navalny

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
NATO to Meet on Poisoning of Putin Critic Navalny

fe92113c9813b825ba0c55663335c2fb1eab5b8e.webp

9/4/20
The poisoning of Alexei Navalny will be discussed at an urgent NATO meeting on Friday after European leaders threatened fresh sanctions against Moscow, which has furiously denied targeting the Russian opposition leader. The 44-year-old lawyer, one of President Vladimir Putin's chief critics, fell ill on a flight last month and was evacuated to Germany for treatment. Western leaders have demanded answers from the Kremlin after Berlin said there was "unequivocal evidence" that he had been afflicted by the infamous Soviet-era nerve agent Novichok. The same substance was used against Russian ex-double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter in the English town of Salisbury two years ago, and Germany's claim prompted widespread condemnation. Germany will brief a special meeting of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization at 12:30pm Brussels time (1030 GMT), with the alliance's Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg to hold a press conference after it concludes.

Already suffering from wide-ranging Western sanctions imposed over its 2014 annexation of Crimea, as well as the effects of the coronavirus pandemic and the drop in oil prices, Moscow will be anxious to avoid any further pressure on its economy. Germany's announcement sent the ruble plunging to its lowest level against the euro since 2016 and Moscow's RTS stock exchange fell more than three percent. "Russia's relations with the West have once again been poisoned by Novichok," wrote business daily Kommersant. "The main question is, how far will they decide to go?" it said.

I expect Germany will present forensic evidence to the NATO ministers. They will probably also discuss another European dictator-murderer ... Lukashenka of Belarus.

I hope the alliance stops playing footsie with Putin. He has shown that he will murder anyone, anywhere, and at anytime.

Related: The West Is Outraged By Navalny’s Novichok Poisoning. That’s No Guarantee of Tough Sanctions

I love the way they talk about Russia's economy with a total lack of self awareness.

But what relevance is this to NATO? The alleged poisoning happened in Russia. I know NATO wants sovereignty over Russia - but you'll need to blow up the world to get it.

:lamo :lamo

It's on page 1 of your induction manual. $$$$$

Moscow can't even properly afford Russia. Why would anyone else take on such a money sinkhole?

Moscow can't even properly afford Russia. Why would anyone else take on such a money sinkhole?

Ask your people not me.

You took on Afghanistan, and you're still trying to beat a bunch of robed nomads after 20 years :shock:.

NATO called on Russia to punish those responsible for the incident with Navalny.

Are they sure they need this? For Russia to punish someone in Germany, in Britain, in Poland?

Stoltenberg on the incident with Navalny:
"NATO allies agree that Russia now has serious questions."

And there is only one question for NATO: what is Navalny's rank? According to the Western classification? Or is he a NATO civilian personnel? Since the Alliance considers it their business...

NATO called on Russia to punish those responsible for the incident with Navalny.

Are they sure they need this? For Russia to punish someone in Germany, in Britain, in Poland?

Stoltenberg on the incident with Navalny:
"NATO allies agree that Russia now has serious questions."

And there is only one question for NATO: what is Navalny's rank? According to the Western classification? Or is he a NATO civilian personnel? Since the Alliance considers it their business...

:lamo :lamo

They're inviting us to enforce justice in their jurisdictions.

But what relevance is this to NATO?

Probably it is not just concern about North Stream 2, all this crap with Navalny could be attampt to distract the world from the pedophile scandal involving prominent politicians in the "democratic" West. I wouldn't be surprised at these degenerates.

You brought it up. Anything to deflect from the Navalny assassination.

Review the sequence Jo. You asked the questions, not me :).

Anyway, US clearly needs help with Afghanstan and Iraq. I'm sure Gerasimov would give you some useful advice if you learn to speak nicely :)

Probably it is not just concern about North Stream 2, all this crap with Navalny could be attampt to distract the world from the pedophile scandal involving prominent politicians in the "democratic" West. I wouldn't be surprised at these degenerates.

Fair comment my friend.

Not sure whether it's BLM, race riots, woke wars, paedophilia, Muslim grooming gangs, gross inequality or Covid disasters they're trying to cover up.

You made too many mistakes in spelling the word "Ukraine". Rating F

Ukraine is doing good. Yesterday 3 USAF B-52 bombers rendezvoused over Ukraine with Ukrainian Sukhoi and MIG fighters.

Pretty soon they'll even be able to land there.

Interesting, "Regimes" around the world are surprisingly sensitive when the West needs to impose sanctions against them.
At the right moment, they start shooting down planes, poisoning long-exchanged spies and useless bloggers, carrying out chemical attacks and interfering in elections...
And where is the Thank you?! No bloody thank you!

The Swedish Prime Minister called for an investigation into the poisoning of Navalny, who "almost died".

Now they will conduct almost an investigation into the almost poisoning of almost the leader of almost the opposition.

What is this all about?

EU representative Peter Stano on Navalny's poisoning:
"As for sanctions, it is difficult to talk about punishment when there is no investigation and the perpetrators are unknown."

What investigation? Nonsense! That's not how anyone works in the Free world right now.

:roll:

I'd say Mr. Stalin has no problem when the Putin regime poisons a Russian activist with a banned nerve agent.

:roll:
I'd say Mr. Stalin has no problem when the Putin regime poisons a Russian activist with a banned nerve agent.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg called on Russia to hand over all data on the Novichok program to the OPCW. The fact is that Russia destroyed chemical weapons and the OPCW confirmed it... But the US is not there yet, so can we start by checking their warehouses and laboratories?
All progressive humanity is shocked by the proposal of the Russians to rely solely on facts in high-profile investigations, which is completely unthinkable in the XXI century, when the West first accuses, and then adjusts the "evidence" to this, ignoring the inconvenient facts.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg called on Russia to hand over all data on the Novichok program to the OPCW. The fact is that Russia destroyed chemical weapons and the OPCW confirmed it...

Give us a citation that the OPCW confirmed that Russia destroyed all of its stocks of Novichok.

Besides, since Russia has all of the data on Novichok, it can be created and/or modified in a Russian lab at any time.

Back
Top Bottom