• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NATO: Russia in ‘material breach’ of nuclear arms treaty

Tangmo - I thought your eulogising about the incredible brilliance of US 6GW and ELINT, about fog and brilliant sunshine, was very amusing :lol:.

It was also a lot of total nonsense, but clearly it makes you proud of the achievements of the US MIC, so it's served its purpose.

Meanwhile, perhaps you could explain to us all why the US has been unable to defeat a bunch of robed cave dwellers in Afghanistan for 20 years. Do you not have a 6GW robed cave dweller killer? Perhaps you could explain why the US trained and equipped Iraqi army got over-run by robed pick up truck drivers in Iraq?

Because you know, your grandiose claims are not founded in reality. You have never fought a sophisticated opponent, and your record against backward ones is poor. So really you have no idea. That's the point - that's what mutual deterrence is all about. Russia is immune to US threats because of deterrence. That has been so for 70 years.

Indeed and the small fish go with the Russian Navy small potatoes courage. The borscht ain't what it used to be either.

The only lesson Putin drew from the collapse of his Beloved Soviet Union Russia was to not compete with the US militarily in any serious way. Just rattle the nuclear warheads at US and Europe every time he wants a beef about something. Either that or go grab somebody's tugboat. In this case Ukraine. Cause the in between 'em hasn't been a real or close match for more than a generation of Russians. Putin's problem is that Russians don't want state to state war nor do they want their soldier sons returning in a box from some neighboring country that doesn't want anything to do with the sh!thole Russia is under Putin. Europe and USA are the attraction not Putin and his mafia. Putin's been at the top a long time while things there only keep getting worse.

Even Russians (except Westpahalian) are getting tired of Putin's crap. Poll after Russian Poll states this.

Have you ever in your life seen the US send out cutters and fighter jets to capture a tugboat??

Geezus does that look weak. I'd be embarrassed as hell.

Even Russians (except Westpahalian) are getting tired of Putin's crap. Poll after Russian Poll states this.

Have you ever in your life seen the US send out cutters and fighter jets to capture a tugboat??

Wonder what you'd do if Russia sailed a corvette and tugboat into US waters.

Sink them, or send a welcome party with cookies and apple pie?

What's your point?

Wonder what you'd do if Russia sailed a corvette and tugboat into US waters.

Sink them, or send a welcome party with cookies and apple pie?

What's your point?

Your premise is disinformation. The Ukrainian tug was in international waters... the Black Sea.

In addition, you seem to conveniently forget that the UN and the world still considers Crimea (and its territorial waters) to be Ukraine territory, and the Sea of Azov is jointly administered by Ukraine/Russia via treaty.

Agreement between the Russian Federation and Ukraine on cooperation in the use of the Sea of Azov and the Strait of Kerch.

Joint Ukraine and Russia statement regarding the Sea of Azov and the Kerch Strait - Page 131

Who knows now whether Putin will want a Great Patriotic Tugboat Seizure Parade and invite Trump. Give Trump some new and even more unrealistic ideas. Putin would surely commend Trump for wanting the US Army to shoot unarmed civilians escaping tyranny into the USA. While Trump is oblivious to the cruel irony of it Putin would see it clearly. That is, USA is where Putin-Trump-Fanboys are trying to set up tyranny for the first time. They can't wait to set up tyranny in Ukraine which is only the most recent target state.

Meanwhile Pentagon led by SecDef Mattis is on the case of Putin and his intermediate range missiles. The ones that deliver nukes. The nukes Putin Fanboyz rattle while Putin's busy netting small fish.

Your premise is disinformation. The Ukrainian tug was in international waters... the Black Sea.

In addition, you seem to conveniently forget that the UN and the world still considers Crimea (and its territorial waters) to be Ukraine territory, and the Sea of Azov is jointly administered by Ukraine/Russia via treaty.

Agreement between the Russian Federation and Ukraine on cooperation in the use of the Sea of Azov and the Strait of Kerch.

Joint Ukraine and Russia statement regarding the Sea of Azov and the Kerch Strait - Page 131

You are spouting dis-information - like your fake map showing Transnistria as 'occupied'.

Here's your beloved Bellingcat, which confirms that Ukrainian vessels violated not just disputed Crimean water but also Russia's territorial waters around the Kerch Strait:

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2018/11/30/investigating-the-kerch-strait-incident/

From this information, several things are made clear. Firstly, based on geolocated video footage, Ukrainian ships did enter Russian-claimed territorial waters, both that of Crimea and mainland Russia in the Kerch Strait.

Tangmo - I thought your eulogising about the incredible brilliance of US 6GW and ELINT, about fog and brilliant sunshine, was very amusing :lol:.

It was also a lot of total nonsense, but clearly it makes you proud of the achievements of the US MIC, so it's served its purpose.

Putin opened his own skunk works to copy and imitate US 6GW yet his Russian scientists can't seem to get beyond prototypes such as the T-14 Armata main battle tank platform. The T-14 which was supposed to have several support vehicles and weapons only stunk the place out. Russia Defense Ministry announced earlier this year the old tanks will do, with their invincible reactive armor. Which is what they think at their own peril. The hypersonic nuclear vehicle has the same kind of stink, i.e., budget and technology that leaves Russian scientists wondering what the complex thingy is doing on its own and how to control it.

Meanwhile, perhaps you could explain to us all why the US has been unable to defeat a bunch of robed cave dwellers in Afghanistan for 20 years. Do you not have a 6GW robed cave dweller killer? Perhaps you could explain why the US trained and equipped Iraqi army got over-run by robed pick up truck drivers in Iraq?

No explanation, just this. US does not need to fog out people in caves with robes when an armada of bombers, fighters, missiles and other uav launched by air force, navy, army are launched in state to state warfare. 6GW is state to state for a massive conventional/continental assault into the Russian (and Chinese) homeland to flatten you out of waging a state to state war. We're talking a one sided fog of war against your guys to include false diversions and incoming you haven't any idea are occurring. Then to accept either an armistice or your outright surrender. Your guyz of the Politburo didn't go nuclear in the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962 while Pres. Kennedy had resigned himself to it if that's what it came down to (he was Irish). It was the Better Dead Than Red mode of the USA at the time. Which meant also All Reds Would Be Dead Too. Now fast forward to Putin the KGB man, his GRU and all the Russian oligarchs and tough guy generals who think Russia is something now too. I'd wager your guys would rather be living in North Dakota with bucks and bimbos than become glass in Russia. This is the kind of back and forth I reference when I say the Cold War was characterized by brinkmanship. In other words man you need to look over the brink. And think.

Because you know, your grandiose claims are not founded in reality. You have never fought a sophisticated opponent, and your record against backward ones is poor. So really you have no idea. That's the point - that's what mutual deterrence is all about. Russia is immune to US threats because of deterrence. That has been so for 70 years.

Think Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Then ponder that US hasn't ever taken first use off the table. You and Putin need to hope it's not the same table USSR collapsed onto in the parlor and smashed face down onto the floor in 1991. That's the table -- and parlor -- I referred to in scrolling. You are after all in the same parlor, new table.

You are spouting dis-information - like your fake map showing Transnistria as 'occupied'.

Show me Transnistria as a sovereign nation in the United Nations. You can't. Transnistria only designates a Moldova/Russia ceasefire.

Moscow agents (much like in eastern Ukraine) attempted a pro-Russia coup in Moldova in 1991. It didn't pan out so Moscow sent soldiers.

Transnistria is a thin slice of land on the far eastern side of Moldova. The Russian military currently has ~1,300 soldiers in Transnistria.

Map-of-Ukraine-with-ORDLO-Crimea-and-Transnistria.jpg

Sovereign lands occupied by the Russian military.

RV - finding another map showing Transnistria as 'occupied' is just doubling down on your previous dis-information.

Russian troops are legally there under international agreement as peace-keepers. That's no more 'occupation' than most of Europe is 'occupied' by US forces. That you lack the maturity to back down from your dis-information of yesterday says much.

Putin opened his own skunk works to copy and imitate US 6GW yet his Russian scientists can't seem to get beyond prototypes such as the T-14 Armata main battle tank platform. The T-14 which was supposed to have several support vehicles and weapons only stunk the place out. Russia Defense Ministry announced earlier this year the old tanks will do, with their invincible reactive armor. Which is what they think at their own peril. The hypersonic nuclear vehicle has the same kind of stink, i.e., budget and technology that leaves Russian scientists wondering what the complex thingy is doing on its own and how to control it.

No explanation, just this. US does not need to fog out people in caves with robes when an armada of bombers, fighters, missiles and other uav launched by air force, navy, army are launched in state to state warfare. 6GW is state to state for a massive conventional/continental assault into the Russian (and Chinese) homeland to flatten you out of waging a state to state war. We're talking a one sided fog of war against your guys to include false diversions and incoming you haven't any idea are occurring. Then to accept either an armistice or your outright surrender. Your guyz of the Politburo didn't go nuclear in the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962 while Pres. Kennedy had resigned himself to it if that's what it came down to (he was Irish). It was the Better Dead Than Red mode of the USA at the time. Which meant also All Reds Would Be Dead Too. Now fast forward to Putin the KGB man, his GRU and all the Russian oligarchs and tough guy generals who think Russia is something now too. I'd wager your guys would rather be living in North Dakota with bucks and bimbos than become glass in Russia. This is the kind of back and forth I reference when I say the Cold War was characterized by brinkmanship. In other words man you need to look over the brink. And think.

Think Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Then ponder that US hasn't ever taken first use off the table. You and Putin need to hope it's not the same table USSR collapsed onto in the parlor and smashed face down onto the floor in 1991. That's the table -- and parlor -- I referred to in scrolling. You are after all in the same parlor, new table.

Congratulations ........ this is a nauseatingly naive post which glorifies the US military, and touches realms of fiction that is beyond belief.

Arrogantly dismissing the abilities of the opposition is one gigantic mistake which could cost the lives of millions. Thankfully, the US military is a heck of a lot more professional than your starry eyed school kid account.

Chances are this is all show, Putin told his lapdog to pull out of the treaty so he could start calling dibs and scapegoating the US for him doing so. Also gives the appearance that Trump doesn't suck Putin's dick. Nevermind it gives Putin exactly what he wants.

Lot of bluster, lot of theatrics about to happen, and then like with NK Trump's going to get on his knees and suck a load straight from the balls and call it a victory. The only real winner being Putin.

I was wondering what they were conspiring last time they met. This prob it.

Russian troops are legally there under international agreement as peace-keepers.

Who else is there as "peacekeepers"? Any US or Canadian or British troops?

Congratulations ........ this is a nauseatingly naive post which glorifies the US military, and touches realms of fiction that is beyond belief.

Arrogantly dismissing the abilities of the opposition is one gigantic mistake which could cost the lives of millions. Thankfully, the US military is a heck of a lot more professional than your starry eyed school kid account.

OTT desperation.

Nor did I dismiss the Russian armed forces. I presented what I discussed which is the US Third Offset Strategy historically and 6GW, all of it predicated in state to state warfare which is what each of 'em is about entirely. I leave the Putin and Russia PR stuff to others. Indeed someone who calls himself after the treaty and place that recognized the nation-state in Europe could be expected to have some strategic and historic awareness and some sophistication among other virtues that are intellectual and cultural in their nature. You don't. Not in the slightest. It's all Russia glib PR instead to include attacking those who do have the qualities I mention.

Who else is there as "peacekeepers"? Any US or Canadian or British troops?

That is a particularly inane question.

You may as well ask whether there were Israeli troops used as peacekeepers in Lebanon, or Russian peacekeepers in Kosovo.

OTT desperation.

Nor did I dismiss the Russian armed forces. I presented what I discussed which is the US Third Offset Strategy historically and 6GW, all of it predicated in state to state warfare which is what each of 'em is about entirely. I leave the Putin and Russia PR stuff to others. Indeed someone who calls himself after the treaty and place that recognized the nation-state in Europe could be expected to have some strategic and historic awareness and some sophistication among other virtues that are intellectual and cultural in their nature. You don't. Not in the slightest. It's all Russia glib PR instead to include attacking those who do have the qualities I mention.

I'm not disputing the presentation of 6GW in the context of state to state warfare.

I'm disputing your ridiculous account of the outcome of it, which was entirely your imagination, and involved thick fog on one side, total sunlit clarity on the other, all culminating in an abject Russia surrender.

That's what was naive and foolish. You obviously have absolutely no military experience.

You may as well ask whether there were Israeli troops used as peacekeepers in Lebanon, or Russian peacekeepers in Kosovo.
There was an attempt, 'cept Russia wanted to bring its own hymn sheets (as usual). Rest of the choir told it to go stuff it.

I'm not disputing the presentation of 6GW in the context of state to state warfare.

I'm disputing your ridiculous account of the outcome of it, which was entirely your imagination, and involved thick fog on one side, total sunlit clarity on the other, all culminating in an abject Russia surrender.

That's what was naive and foolish. You obviously have absolutely no military experience.
........and you do, eh?

What next, swapping combat experience stories? :lamo

........and you do, eh?

What next, swapping combat experience stories? :lamo

No - just not writing a lot of childish nonsense about how the mighty US 6GW would all work so wonderfully perfectly that Russia would soon be begging for mercy with out a single hair ruffled on a US head.

Anyway, aren't you an expert on everything who has lived everywhere? ;)

So ..... there are only Russian "peacekeeping" troops in Transnistria. No UN blue helmets.

Gotcha.

No - just not writing a lot of childish nonsense about how the mighty US 6GW would all work so wonderfully perfectly that Russia would soon be begging for mercy with out a single hair ruffled on a US head.

Anyway, aren't you an expert on everything who has lived everywhere? ;)
Yeah, but I don' tell combat stories. Not that I couldn't, more on account of there being no true ones.

Never heard a true one, never heard anyone tell a true one, never heard of anyone having heard somebody tell a true one and sure as hell have never told a true one myself.:lol:

The big unmet challenge over there is that you can't refute the US Third Offset Strategy and US 6GW any better than Russia and Putin can, which is not at all.

Meanwhile this guy is chief of staff of the army I used to serve in. I was in the army long ago however Gen. Milley thinks even less of Russia than I do. Milley speaks for all the Pentagon so you might want to give a listen. Just be sure to buy a helmet and wear it if you do tune in...

US Army Chief Warns Russia: We Will Beat You Harder Than You’ve Ever Been Beaten Before

Gen. Milley was just advanced to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The changeover at Pentagon is scheduled for the summer but we can expect an accelerated takeover before then. So can Russia if it's not more careful, cautious, restrained.

So ..... there are only Russian "peacekeeping" troops in Transnistria. No UN blue helmets.

Gotcha.

btw ..... A monument to Russia’s “peacekeeper” was unveiled on 25 November in Tiraspol, the so-called capital of the separatist region of Transnistria in Moldova......

13_59.jpg

The "Peacekeeper Monument" with the head of the Operational Group of Russian Forces in Transnistria (OGRT) Colonel Dmitry Zelenkov.

The Russian "peacekeepers" have been in Transnistria for 25 years now. Besides the so-called peacekeepers, Russia holds the Operative Group of the Russian Forces in the Transnistrian region of Moldova containing approximately 1200 regular soldiers. The Group is the new shape of the former 14th Guards Army of the Soviet Union that is illegally stationed in Transnistria after the collapse of SU. Criticizing the peacekeeping mission is punishable in the so-called Pridnestrovian Moldovan Republic. Yes, criticizing the Russian "peacekeeping" mission in Transnistria can land you in prison, just like in the Russia occupied territories of eastern Ukraine.

Moldovan President Igor Dodon said that Transnistria could become part of Moldova or Ukraine. Later, a deputy of the Verkhovna Rada from the Petro Poroshenko Bloc party, Iryna Friz, said that Ukraine does not claim the territory of Transnistria, considering it an integral part of Moldova.

Tangmo - Milley is a professional soldier of considerable intellect.

He does not speak the way you do, or make the kind of ridiculous claims you do. Your interpretation of his speeches is stupidly selective and risible.

Don't delude yourself. Gen. Milley hates the Putin regime.

you have to laugh at the arrogance of Americans trying to claim they are the good guys ... part of the INF treaty is the use of and stationing of Anti - ICBM systems just like the The Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System installed in Romania by the USA and the planned installation in Poland both are in violation of the INF treaty and the only country openly tearing up treaties is America ... the EU is pointing it's finger at America as the country that is threatening EU security by the US pull out of the INF .... you might get NATO to jump through hoops for now but NATO's time is about up ... the biggest threat to Europe is not Russia but America ... most Europeans want US bases out of EU countries with the exception of the 4 baltic states in the east

your actions this past decade and more have been anything but friendly towards the EU with the NSA/CIA scandals exposed by Snowden ... you are not our allies

Back
Top Bottom