• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NATO official says alliance would be forced to take action if Russia uses chemical, nuclear weapons

The bottom line is no one, even those in NATO, have no idea what "forced to take action" means until they do so.

Could be all out war to a series of wordy notices, or somewhere in between.

But that is all Ukraine and the West's fault, ttwtt. At least that's how they'll spin it.

Yep, like Biden is spinning inflation - it’s all someone else’s fault. ;)

The bottom line is no one, even those in NATO, have no idea what "forced to take action" means until they do so.

Could be all out war to a series of wordy notices, or somewhere in between.

Yep, and Biden will take credit for it. ;)

Holy crow, that's Machiavellian!
Remember Hillary Clinton gleefully laughing about how she destroyed Libya and caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands if not millions of people(and also relegalizing black African slavery)?

I do.

There’s nothing these people are not capable of.

Remember Hillary Clinton gleefully laughing about how she destroyed Libya and caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands if not millions of people(and also relegalizing black African slavery)?

I do.

There’s nothing these people are not capable of.
I think it's more an issue of a poster with an extremely overactive imagination.

I think it's more an issue of a poster with an extremely overactive imagination.
Lol. Or another poster being very ignorant of the last 20 years, I guess you’re going to forget how 19 years ago we killed millions of people using a lie about chemical weapons as a pretext. It’s not even a new script

Given Russia's recent scale back of operations, its clear they didn't like what they were seeing and have now attempted to rebrand their operational goals in an effort to avoid the walking disaster they were conducting. It remains a matter of question as to how this will pan out in the end.

Given Russia's recent scale back of operations, its clear they didn't like what they were seeing and have now attempted to rebrand their operational goals in an effort to avoid the walking disaster they were conducting. It remains a matter of question as to how this will pan out in the end.
Jredbaron96:

I'm not sure I like the phrase "... will pan out in the end." It sounds too "endy". Makes me rather nervous don'tcha know.

Be well and survive.
Evilroddy.

Jredbaron96:

I'm not sure I like the phrase "... will pan out in the end." It sounds too "endy". Makes me rather nervous don'tcha know.

Be well and survive.
Evilroddy.

I certainly do not see this mess ending with Putin agreeing to cede (return?) any territory under his control back to Ukraine.

I still think their aim is all of Ukraine, but they are shifting focus to the south where they have been more succesful.

I don't believe that for a moment. This isn't a thriller novel. He's not killing anyone to get rid of Nazis. He knows it, everyone knows it. He's just stealing a neighbor.
Irs a lot more than just stealing a neighbor, Putin's sites are on the West\NATO and the US. He has said so. The nazi theme is being carried over to the west and specifically the US. ANd that nazi theme was the excuse that he used to invade Ukraine. It does not take much to figure out what Putin's plans are: The Russian military has demonstrated that they can only succeed using long-range weapons. Putin intends a war fought with WMDs. Putin expected NATO to go into Ukraine the invasion was a tactical ruse to lure troop build-up by NATO then he will strike them with probably chemical or biological weapons while at the same time launching nukes. After that, the actual China alliance will move to take over the world.

I really hope that the obvious is not true though.

Irs a lot more than just stealing a neighbor, Putin's sites are on the West\NATO and the US. He has said so. The nazi theme is being carried over to the west and specifically the US. ANd that nazi theme was the excuse that he used to invade Ukraine. It does not take much to figure out what Putin's plans are: The Russian military has demonstrated that they can only succeed using long-range weapons. Putin intends a war fought with WMDs. Putin expected NATO to go into Ukraine the invasion was a tactical ruse to lure troop build-up by NATO then he will strike them with probably chemical or biological weapons while at the same time launching nukes. After that, the actual China alliance will move to take over the world.

I really hope that the obvious is not true though.
Good golly, I hope not, too.

NATO official says alliance would be forced to take action if Russia uses chemical, nuclear weapons

iu

"If they will be using chemical weapons or other kinds of higher-end systems against Ukraine, this will be changing fundamentally the nature of the war that Mr. Putin has waged against Ukraine.
I can guarantee that NATO is ready to respond proportionately." - NATO Deputy-General Secretary Mircea Geoana

I all honesty, I have no working idea of what the above implies. Proportionately? How does NATO reply proportionately to Russia's use of a tactical nuclear weapon in Ukraine? To an attack with its Novichok nerve agent?
Remember 'Dr.Strangelove'?

OK, but simply because X (e.g. inflation, drug abuse, illegal immigration or crime) is “everywhere” (to some degree) is no reason not to take measures to try get it under control and/or lessen it’s impact.

OK, but simply because X (e.g. inflation, drug abuse, illegal immigration or crime) is “everywhere” (to some degree) is no reason not to take measures to try get it under control and/or lessen it’s impact.

Biden has no control over US gas prices etc.

C'mon lol.

Re: Inflation: If Humpty Trumpty was still in office his fan club would sing a very different tone, how he has "nothing to do with it, and it's all Ukraine's and Chyna's fault".

To assert Biden can protect the US from a global inflationaty spike is GOP partisan hogwash.

The US is the world’s leading oil producer - to say that US energy policy does not influence US gas prices is ridiculous. Switching the topic from US gas prices back to inflation is BS. HAND

I still think their aim is all of Ukraine, but they are shifting focus to the south where they have been more succesful.
Putzin's starting to lose ground in the south as well.

I think Putzin will shift focus on the eastern part of Ukraine where Russian sympathizers live and solidify control there. He can do that all he wants, but if the Ukrainian gov't is going to agree to a peace deal, Russia getting it's ass out of the East will be a requirement.

This is really just a pretext to involve NATO in the war, western countries have to sell wars to their citizens based on lies and so they’re setting the stage for a false flag chemical attack. Russia has no incentive to use chemical agents in the war which they are winning.

Except their massive conventional struggles which have decimated their very thin crust of elite formations, sure.

The Russians can't take all of Ukraine. The post-war occupation would already demand too many troops, and their forces are already struggling as is.

Back
Top Bottom