• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NATO Article 10

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I wonder what Hungary and maybe Turkey will do when/if there is a vote to add Sweden and Finland to the organization.

Article 10, The Parties may, by unanimous agreement,………….

What can they do?
They can moan all they like but it won't achieve anything.

What can they do?

Turkey can threaten resignation, quietly yelling they will form a boundary alliance with Russia if they must. They share a boundary due to overlapping territorial waters in the Black Sea. They have an odd relationship with Russia. But they have an odd relationship with NATO, the ME and the US, too. Turkey is a piece of work.

What can they do?
Turkey can threaten resignation, quietly yelling they will form a boundary alliance with Russia if they must. They share a boundary due to overlapping territorial waters in the Black Sea. They have an odd relationship with Russia. But they have an odd relationship with NATO, the ME and the US, too. Turkey is a piece of work.
Uhhh...they can just vote "no" and it doesn't happen. It takes a unanimous vote to admit a new country.

I wonder what Hungary and maybe Turkey will do when/if there is a vote to add Sweden and Finland to the organization.

Article 10, The Parties may, by unanimous agreement,………….
I don't think Erdogan really cares, and will probably not oppose it. Orban on the other hand might cause a ruckus.

Uhhh...they can just vote "no" and it doesn't happen. It takes a unanimous vote to admit a new country.

Right now, Turkey is the only country that won't vote "aye." Think of the deals Turkey could swing for agreeing.

Back
Top Bottom