• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Native Americans not Offended by "Redskins"

Do you believe the Washington Post polling results are inaccurate?

i've indicated that i consider the premise of this thread to be bull****, so yes, i think that the claim that Native Americans are cool with being called "redskins" is also bull****.

i've indicated that i consider the premise of this thread to be bull****, so yes, i think that the claim that Native Americans are cool with being called "redskins" is also bull****.

That's a statement of your opinion. To repeat, do you believe the Post's polling results are inaccurate?

Do you have some specific criticism of the Post poll's methodology? Or is this just a matter of personal assumptions uber alles?

the assumption that i would be out on my ass if i called a Native American "redskin" at work, and so would you? yeah. oh, and this.

Approx 80% of Natives Offended by Redskins: Per Random Polling of 2,000 - ICTMN.com

and

67 Percent of Native Americans Say ?Redskins? Is Offensive - ICTMN.com

and

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadl...by-racial-slur?utm_term=.yx6vOZ4ap#.hyxgz43BG

but if you really think that Native Americans are cool with the term, try it in real life. and no, i don't believe you went around calling Native Americans "redskins" at work outside of the sportsball context

the assumption that i would be out on my ass if i called a Native American "redskin" at work, and so would you? yeah. oh, and this.

Approx 80% of Natives Offended by Redskins: Per Random Polling of 2,000 - ICTMN.com

and

67 Percent of Native Americans Say ?Redskins? Is Offensive - ICTMN.com

and

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadl...by-racial-slur?utm_term=.yx6vOZ4ap#.hyxgz43BG

but if you really think that Native Americans are cool with the term, try it in real life. and no, i don't believe you went around calling Native Americans "redskins" at work outside of the sportsball context

Unfortunately nothing you linked matches the methodological soundness of the Post poll. Since you continue to call me a liar this will be my last response.

Your post makes no sense and I have reluctantly concluded you are posting in bad faith. I will respond (or not) accordingly.

It makes sense when you consider that you attacked the legitimacy of the study that you are asserting to discredit mine. I cannot be held accountable for the provably false conclusions that you might entertain.

It makes sense when you consider that you attacked the legitimacy of the study that you are asserting to discredit mine. I cannot be held accountable for the provably false conclusions that you might entertain.

The Washington Post poll meets the highest standards of modern opinion research. Yours does not.

Unfortunately nothing you linked matches the methodological soundness of the Post poll. Since you continue to call me a liar this will be my last response.

fine by me. good day.

The Washington Post poll meets the highest standards of modern opinion research. Yours does not.

If the intent is to only measure self-reported Native Americans who have telephones but may not be a member of any tribe or have any actual Native American ancestry whatsoever, then your poll measured that group to such standards.

If the intent is to measure the sentiments of Native Americans, it is woefully inadequate.

Re: Native Americans not Offended by "Redskins"

If the intent is to only measure self-reported Native Americans who have telephones but may not be a member of any tribe or have any actual Native American ancestry whatsoever, then your poll measured that group to such standards.

If the intent is to measure the sentiments of Native Americans, it is woefully inadequate.

Your characterization is false. Repeating it ad nauseum won't make it true.

Your characterization is false. Repeating it ad nauseum won't make it true.

Absolutely not, i am deriving my characterization from the exact text of the study, itself.

Repeating your provably false belief that my accurate description of your study is somehow inaccurate in some way that you are unable to articulate ad nauseam won't make it true.

Absolutely not, i am deriving my characterization from the exact text of the study, itself.

Repeating your provably false belief that my accurate description of your study is somehow inaccurate in some way that you are unable to articulate ad nauseam won't make it true.

You have repeated the words without understanding their meaning. Clear explanations were offered. You ignored them.

You have repeated the words without understanding their meaning. Clear explanations were offered. You ignored them.

You never actually addressed my criticisms, you simply responded to them with vague deflections like the above.

You never actually addressed my criticisms, you simply responded to them with vague deflections like the above.

Your criticisms were already addressed -- refuted actually -- in posts whose numbers I cited for you.

yeah, there was a genocide against Native Americans, and it was fairly "successful," if a genocide can be categorized as such.

Native Americans are ok with it, apparently. Jack has indicated that he called a Native American "redskin" at work.

i don't care about the sportsball part. i responded because the premise of the thread was utter nonsense.

The nonsense is the liberals going after the team name to begin with.....with manufactured outrage. The rest is just a distraction. Again, I do not go up to any person and say: "Hey White man" or "Hey Mexican", or "Hey Oriental". I tend to use first names or Mr or Mrs(and the last name). However I would not be personally offended if someone referred to me as a "redskin". I am not as thin skinned as the liberals would like to think all native Americans are.

How would it kill the Washington team to change the name?

It would actually be a small financial benefit for them (and the league) as they can rightly say they felt they should change the name for compassion reasons. And then the fans will have to buy all-new stuff when they want to show up to the games with official Washington NFL garb. Initially the might hesitate. But like all good little fans - they will cave in and buy all that new stuff with the new colors/logo.

I say Snider is a moron and change the name already.

Oklahoma mean "Red People" in Choctaw. Oklahoma should change its name. Morons.

The terms white and black refer to our skin color. So is calling people white and black now offensive? If so we got a lot of government paperwork to change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom