• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Native American Nathan Phillips Has Criminal Background

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
What a shocker....the more we learn, the more infuriating the Fake News/Lying Left "canonizing" of this creep, while savaging innocent school kids becomes.

More about the Stolen Glory FAKE "recon Marine" :

Nathan Phillips, a Native American activist who had approached a group of Covington High School students and later claimed that they had blocked him, has a criminal record including assault and escape from jail, according to a report in the Washington Examiner.
In his own teenage years and early 20s, Phillips, using his adoptive name Nathaniel R. Stanard, was charged with escaping from prison, assault, and several alcohol-related crimes, according to local news reports at the time from his hometown of Lincoln, Neb.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...Dxea-gQ-BX1zgQU0vaQOZNBsneIPF7z-vkJZExhu5xYwA

What a shocker....the more we learn, the more infuriating the Fake News/Lying Left "canonizing" of this creep, while savaging innocent school kids becomes.

Nathan Phillips, a Native American activist who had approached a group of Covington High School students and later claimed that they had blocked him, has a criminal record including assault and escape from jail, according to a report in the Washington Examiner.
In his own teenage years and early 20s, Phillips, using his adoptive name Nathaniel R. Stanard, was charged with escaping from prison, assault, and several alcohol-related crimes, according to local news reports at the time from his hometown of Lincoln, Neb.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...Dxea-gQ-BX1zgQU0vaQOZNBsneIPF7z-vkJZExhu5xYwA

With all due respect, Grokmaster, what is the relevance of this? Nathan Phillips apparently committed crimes when he was a young man, which are part of the public record. And? I do not care what he did nearly more than four decades ago, at least if it bears no relevance to what occurred recently. I care what he did now, and the fact that he lied and mis-characterized what happened at Washington D.C. with the boys from Covington.

With all due respect, Grokmaster, what is the relevance of this? Nathan Phillips apparently committed crimes when he was a young man, which are part of the public record. And? I do not care what he did nearly more than four decades ago, at least if it bears no relevance to what occurred recently. I care what he did now, and the fact that he lied and mis-characterized what happened at Washington D.C. with the boys from Covington.
It speaks to his character

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes and Trayvon Martin once smoked some weed.

:roll:

Note: remember when "they" complain about "the left" allegedly engaging in character assassination.

It is interesting to note that when he was closer in age to Nick Sandmann, he was a criminal, not a productive member of society. The media has left no stone unturned in it's investigation of a 16 year old boy and his schoolmates. Until they can restrain themselves from trying to ruin the life of a minor, over a cooked story, then Philips personal history is certainly up for debate as well.

Last edited:

I appreciate this.

Wrongs done by other people, especially wrongs done by any of these participants long ago, have nothing to do with an assesssment of whether what is collected in the totality of videos shows about who did what and how wrong or not it was.

I have to agree. His behavior and lies the last few days are deplorable, but they stand on their own without this ancient history.

Yes and Trayvon Martin once smoked some weed.

:roll:

Note: remember when "they" complain about "the left" allegedly engaging in character assassination.

Bold- NBC fired a producer for dishonestly editing Zimmerman's 911 call. Your own choice of a story to compare Covington to is riddled with fraud by the left.

It is a contrast though, the young men he lied about have no criminal history

Bold- NBC fired a producer for dishonestly editing Zimmerman's 911 call. Your own choice of a story to compare Covington to is riddled with fraud by the left.

Which only further backs up my point here:

I appreciate this.

Wrongs done by other people, especially wrongs done by any of these participants long ago, have nothing to do with an assesssment of whether what is collected in the totality of videos shows about who did what and how wrong or not it was.

If what you say is true, then the producer's wrong in no way justifies someone else's wrong in trying to tarnish Martin with weed. Wrongs rarely create justifications.

Punch someone, they punch you back to stop the attack? that's probably OK.

But that's not this, or that, or that, or that (repeat 1000x)

It is a contrast though, the young men he lied about have no criminal history

True, EMNofSeattle. These kids are, in my opinion (and from all the evidence presented thus far) squeaky clean in every way unrelated to any complaints about their partisan leanings (pro-Choice, pro-Trump Administration). I have nothing against them whatsoever.

But these past charges do not really have anything to do with the present subject of controversy, which is the rush-to-judgment by the media over the outright lies told by Mr. Phillips regarding the viral video of him chanting in front of the Covington schoolboys. Now, if Nathan Phillips had a long history of crimes of dishonesty (fraud, perjury, etc.), or a criminal history regarding dishonestly drumming up interracial animosity, that would certainly be one thing. But a 40+ year-old conviction for alcohol totally unrelated to the present situation? That is not a nail for his coffin, in my opinion.

True, EMNofSeattle. These kids are, in my opinion (and from all the evidence presented thus far) squeaky clean in every way unrelated to any complaints about their partisan leanings (pro-Choice, pro-Trump Administration). I have nothing against them whatsoever.

But these past charges do not really have anything to do with the present subject of controversy, which is the rush-to-judgment by the media over the outright lies told by Mr. Phillips regarding the viral video of him chanting in front of the Covington schoolboys. Now, if Nathan Phillips had a long history of crimes of dishonesty (fraud, perjury, etc.), or a criminal history regarding dishonestly drumming up interracial animosity, that would certainly be one thing. But a 40+ year-old conviction for alcohol totally unrelated to the present situation? That is not a nail for his coffin, in my opinion.

I’m not saying it is, I just think it’s great that the right is striking back and getting everything in this guys background. He’s a professional activist, he was not a recon ranger, he was drummed out of the marines for cause, he has documented substance abuse issues (old ones granted but still) and he likes to invade churches with his drum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If what you say is true, then the producer's wrong in no way justifies someone else's wrong in trying to tarnish Martin with weed. Wrongs rarely create justifications.

The 'gotcha' style of reporting is practiced by liberal reporters, not conservatives. The media also tried to hurt Elon Musk's reputation, by trying to make a big deal out of the time he took one single hit off of a blunt, during his interview with Joe Rogan. They're a bunch of bitches.

The 'gotcha' style of reporting is practiced by liberal reporters, not conservatives. The media also tried to hurt Elon Musk's reputation, by trying to make a big deal out of the time he took one single hit off of a blunt, during his interview with Joe Rogan. They're a bunch of bitches.

Well, I could've liked your post but you had to make the first sentence a partisan lie. Shame.

I think the public has every right to know about liar Phillip's past, and present, including his prior convictions, his ambiguity about his military career and Nam, his AWOLS, escaping from prison, assault, alcohol related crimes, and more.

Well, I could've liked your post but you had to make the first sentence a partisan lie. Shame.

You and I come down on opposite sides a lot, but I couldn't have written this simpler or better. Same thought.

I think the public has every right to know about liar Phillip's past, and present, including his prior convictions, his ambiguity about his military career and Nam, his AWOLS, escaping from prison, assault, alcohol related crimes, and more.
You exaggerate your rights.

I understand your point. However, as a business owner, I spend time and money giving people who paid their dues a second chance (within reason). I do this because I beleive people deserve a chance to chamge and better themselves. My customers are told of my employee histories, but I dont give up the employee when I can give up a single job.

All this to say, I beleive in what is relevant today. Don't hide the past, but dont assume 40 years ago is the same as today.

Source: Breitbart. 'Nuff said.

I understand your point. However, as a business owner, I spend time and money giving people who paid their dues a second chance (within reason). I do this because I beleive people deserve a chance to chamge and better themselves. My customers are told of my employee histories, but I dont give up the employee when I can give up a single job.

All this to say, I beleive in what is relevant today. Don't hide the past, but dont assume 40 years ago is the same as today.

I never said that those who served their time did not deserve a second chance.

I paid a $20 fine for drinking in public when I was 22. Guess there's no coming back from that.

I never said that those who served their time did not deserve a second chance.

I understand that, but I just mean I like to keep the talks of Mr. Stolen Valor to his recent lies and behavior.

I understand that, but I just mean I like to keep the talks of Mr. Stolen Valor to his recent lies and behavior.

I have no respect for Mr. Stolen Valor so I don't see why I shouldn't know the whole picture, especially in light of the fact that so much of the tainted anti-Trump MSM painted him as the "innocent."

Back
Top Bottom