• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National Waffle Day Aug 24 2013.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Do you like Waffles? Then today is your day. As it National Waffle Day. If you do like waffles. Then what is your usual or favorite breakfast with Waffles?

National Waffle Day: Celebrate With 7 Scrumptious Recipes.....

gty_waffle_day_jp_120824_wblog.jpg

Is there a more scrumptious way to start your day than with a crispy, cakey waffle topped with maple syrup?

The Aug. 24 foodie holiday is timed to the first U.S. patent for a waffle iron in the 1860s, but waffles actually date back much further, all the way to ancient Greece. The Greeks cooked flat cakes called “obelios” that were similar to the waffles we’ve come to know and love. The Dutch first used the word “wafel” back in 1744, according to Merriam-Webster, and the Pilgrims are said to have brought the dish to America.

Fast forward to today, when waffles – from Eggos to Belgian-style – are an American favorite, dished up for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Waffles have even become trendy in recent years, popping up on restaurant menus across the country with pairings like fried chicken, beer, caviar and more.....snip~

National Waffle Day: Celebrate With 7 Scrumptious Recipes - ABC News

One of mine is.....Coffee Chocolate Waffles. If ya can find a pics of yours. Put them Up and of course any recipe if ya like. Happy Waffle Day!!!!!
eat.gif

c6d6a34b0db4e932349271be95895cd3.jpg

Ingredients:

1 packet instant coffee, Nescafe® Taster's Choice (0.07-ounce)
1/3 cup hot water
2 cups all-purpose baking mix, Bisquick
1/3 cup mini chocolate morsels
1 cup whole milk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Syrup
Garnish: 1/4 cup mini chocolate morsels

Cooking Directions:

Preheat oven to 200°. Preheat waffle maker; grease with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine coffee packet and 1/3 cup hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves. Add baking mix, chocolate morsels, milk, egg, and oil. Whisk together until well combined.

Cook, in batches, according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.) Carefully

remove waffles from waffle iron, and keep warm in oven. Serve with syrup. Garnish with chocolate morsels, if desired.

Do you like Waffles? Then today is your day. As it National Waffle Day. If you do like waffles. Then what is your usual or favorite breakfast with Waffles?

National Waffle Day: Celebrate With 7 Scrumptious Recipes.....

gty_waffle_day_jp_120824_wblog.jpg

Is there a more scrumptious way to start your day than with a crispy, cakey waffle topped with maple syrup?

The Aug. 24 foodie holiday is timed to the first U.S. patent for a waffle iron in the 1860s, but waffles actually date back much further, all the way to ancient Greece. The Greeks cooked flat cakes called “obelios” that were similar to the waffles we’ve come to know and love. The Dutch first used the word “wafel” back in 1744, according to Merriam-Webster, and the Pilgrims are said to have brought the dish to America.

Fast forward to today, when waffles – from Eggos to Belgian-style – are an American favorite, dished up for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Waffles have even become trendy in recent years, popping up on restaurant menus across the country with pairings like fried chicken, beer, caviar and more.....snip~

National Waffle Day: Celebrate With 7 Scrumptious Recipes - ABC News

One of mine is.....Coffee Chocolate Waffles. If ya can find a pics of yours. Put them Up and of course any recipe if ya like. Happy Waffle Day!!!!!
eat.gif

c6d6a34b0db4e932349271be95895cd3.jpg

Ingredients:

1 packet instant coffee, Nescafe® Taster's Choice (0.07-ounce)
1/3 cup hot water
2 cups all-purpose baking mix, Bisquick
1/3 cup mini chocolate morsels
1 cup whole milk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Syrup
Garnish: 1/4 cup mini chocolate morsels

Cooking Directions:

Preheat oven to 200°. Preheat waffle maker; grease with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine coffee packet and 1/3 cup hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves. Add baking mix, chocolate morsels, milk, egg, and oil. Whisk together until well combined.

Cook, in batches, according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.) Carefully

remove waffles from waffle iron, and keep warm in oven. Serve with syrup. Garnish with chocolate morsels, if desired.

You're making me hungry!!

I prefer Buttermilk pancakes myself- love em,course it doesn't do my waistline any good!!:2razz:

mmmm waffles.

I have a question as to why is waffle or waffling associated with politicians? I understand it is meant to refer to the politician flip flopping but in that case shouldn't he be called pancaking? One does not flip waffles so I think pancakes would be a better tern dammit. I for one am sorry of giving waffles that derogatory title dammit. That candidate is a pancake makes more sense.

You're making me hungry!!

I prefer Buttermilk pancakes myself- love em,course it doesn't do my waistline any good!!:2razz:

Mornin Penn. :2wave: Yeah I like French Toast a little bit more, then Pancakes, then Waffles. Banana Fosters usually for the Pancakes and French Toast. Must be due to the Rum.
harrr.jpg

th

Ingredients

◾4 of your favorite waffles, cooked and ready to serve
◾
◾Bananas Foster Topping:
◾1 stick butter
◾1 C. light brown sugar
◾3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
◾2 tsp. vanilla extract
◾Vanilla ice cream (optional)

Directions

In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cook, stirring until sugar is totally dissolved. Add peeled and sliced bananas and vanilla. Sauté 2-3 minutes. Divide Bananas Foster Topping among four waffles, giving each person half of a whole waffle. Waffles may be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as well.

Course with a Hot Cup of Coffee too.
coffee2.gif

mmmm waffles.

I have a question as to why is waffle or waffling associated with politicians? I understand it is meant to refer to the politician flip flopping but in that case shouldn't he be called pancaking? One does not flip waffles so I think pancakes would be a better tern dammit. I for one am sorry of giving waffles that derogatory title dammit. That candidate is a pancake makes more sense.

Mornin CrossCheck. :2wave: Well.....
dontknow.gif

th

SB_Waffle_040413.png

:2razz:

Back
Top Bottom