• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National Teen Birth Rate Plummets To All-Time Low

Removable Mind

Irremovable Intelligence
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is great news...worth reading the following.

The national teen birth rate has fallen to a record low, according to a new analysis released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

From 2006 to 2014, the teen birth rate declined 41 percent. In 2014, there were 24.2 births for every 1,000 adolescent females — the lowest rate ever recorded.
The biggest decline was among Hispanic and black teens, whose birth rates dropped by almost half since 2006. Yet even with that dramatic reduction, they still remain twice as likely to give birth in their teens as their white peers.

Snip

He credited the reduction in births to teens having less sex and more consistent use of contraception.

CDC Director Tom Frieden applauded the country’s progress, but said that too many teens are still having babies.
“By better understanding the many factors that contribute to teen pregnancy we can better design, implement, evaluate, and improve prevention interventions and further reduce disparities,” he said in a statement.

The CDC also found that in some states that boast relatively low teen birth rates, pockets with high birth rates persist and require extra attention. Many counties with the highest teen birth rates were located in the South and Southwest.
Snip

According to research cited by the CDC, teen births cost the U.S. approximately $9.4 billion each year.

Huffington Post

Just some international context in 2014 Canada's was 10 per 1000 and Western Europe is substantially lower with numbers between 3 and 10 per 1000.

Good news indeed, but there is still work to do.

Removable Mind said:
....From 2006 to 2014, the teen birth rate declined 41%. In 2014, there were 24.2 births for every 1,000 adolescent females — the lowest rate ever recorded.

The biggest decline was among Hispanic and Black teens, whose birth rates dropped by almost Half since 2006. Yet even with that dramatic reduction, they still remain twice as likely to give birth in their teens as their white peers....
I think this will help with poverty, remedial ed, food stamps, welfare, and Prison rates among - especially - Blacks and Hispanics.

I think this will help with poverty, remedial ed, food stamps, welfare, and Prison rates among - especially - Blacks and Hispanics.

The benefits to society as a whole is really substantial in this case.

Has nothing to do with this subforum.

Unless you're specifically lauding killing kids as a means to reduce the birth rate. In which case I would have a couple of words for you, and one of them doesn't get past the word filter.

Unless you're specifically lauding killing kids as a means to reduce the birth rate. In which case I would have a couple of words for you, and one of them doesn't get past the word filter.

Has everything to do with this forum. Abortion is what can happen in unplanned/unwanted pregnancy. Nobody here is surprised that you do not connect this dots.

The benefits to society as a whole is really substantial in this case.

Exactly.

Like I have been saying for years. The first best way to prevent abortion is to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

And if she does not abort and has a baby without a decent emotional or socioeconomic foundation, the societal ramifications can be huge.

Has everything to do with this forum. Abortion is what can happen in unplanned/unwanted pregnancy. Nobody here is surprised that you do not connect this dots.

See last sentence, if this is you encouraging killing to reduce birth rates.

Although it would hardly be surprising behavior.

See last sentence, if this is you encouraging killing to reduce birth rates.

Although it would hardly be surprising behavior.

No. I encourage education and use of high quality long term birth control.

I would like to prevent abortions by availability and accessibility to the most effective birth control available. It does not surprise me that you totally misrepresent my beliefs.

You come off as someone that needs the talk of culling and murder to stroke his own ego.

I certainly endorse killing fetus's when a baby is not wanted...

Back
Top Bottom