• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National Straight Pride Coalition refused permit to march

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A city council meeting in Modesto, California this week turned heated as citizens, business owners and a group calling itself the National Straight Pride Coalition debated the group's plans for a "Straight Pride" event in the city. The city has since denied the permit, citing safety concerns and the fact that event organizer did not get insurance CBS Sacramento reports.

During the debate Wednesday, Don Grundmann, founder and director of the National Straight Pride Coalition, tried to make a case for holding the event celebrating heterosexuality. Some in the crowd booed as Grundmann tried to defend his group. Then he made a gaffe that suddenly had the audience laughing out loud.

The city has since denied the permit, citing safety concerns and the fact that event organizer did not get insurance CBS Sacramento reports.

Modesto Straight Pride parade: "We're a totally peaceful racist group," Straight Pride organizer tells California city council meeting - CBS News

I'm not proud about being straight; I've never even thought of my orientation, really.

Why would you want to have Straight Pride march?

“Totally peaceful racist group” ???

Sounds like some folks having difficulty getting laid......

“Totally peaceful racist group” ???

Sounds like some folks having difficulty getting laid......

The article does point out that this was a gaffe.

I'm not proud about being straight; I've never even thought of my orientation, really.

It's kind of like the immediate response to the NAACP and such. "Why isn't there a white one?" (there is actually, run by David Duke)...

But the comment to that that I found most apt is NAACP stands for "National Association for the ADVANCEMENT of Colored People. If you are white, you are at the front of the line politically, economically, so-on-and-so-forth. How can you ADVANCE beyond the front of the line?

I thought that was an interesting input.

The LGBTQ+ community is missing a great opportunity here. Instead of giving publicity and adding to the existing tension, they could just say, "That's great! We'll Celebrate with you! All the colors of the rainbow should be celebrated!" Plenty of straight people participate in pride events.

Or, they could say, "join our march... it's pride for everyone".

To show they hypocrisy of the left.

Force it in the open, so that maybe people will realize the stupid idiots they support.

Force it in the open, so that maybe people will realize the stupid idiots they support.

Force what in the open? Straight people have been out of the closet since, well before closets anyway.

They were denied for lack of insurance.

That seems reasonable. Maybe they will get the event sponsors to get insurance and that'll be it.

Sent from the Matrioshka in the WH Christmas tree.

If you are white, you are at the front of the line politically, economically, so-on-and-so-forth.

A full 10% of all whites live in poverty. The rate is higher among blacks and Hispanics, but to claim "if you are white, you are at the front of the line ... economically" is just ignorant.

Force what in the open? Straight people have been out of the closet since, well before closets anyway.

The bigotry of the left, when they protest against them.

Rights: Use 'em or lose 'em.

1. Modesto should allow the parade if the organizers fulfill all the legal requirements.

2. People who oppose the march should stay far away.

3. If a group of ostensibly straight men want to march in the streets of Modesto and make fools of themselves, why should they be stopped?

4. Besides, those silly nillies are only proclaiming their lack of confidence regarding their announced orientation.

A portion of the non-oppressed majority is easily duped into thinking that it is a victim of systemic persecution.

The only issue here is that free speech is being suppressed by outrageous, odious and extortionate demands for insurance and other tribute to the crown made by an imperial government.

The Supremes should weigh in.

That's because being straight is the baseline. There's nothing in our culture that would ever lead a reasonable human being to have a problem with straightness, assuming one is actually straight, of course.

This is a very thinly veiled march against lgbtq's.

We're here,we're straight.get use to us

Rights: Use 'em or lose 'em.

Are you afraid that you're about to lose your right to put your willy in a woman's hoo-ha?

Straight folks need to demand better representatives. The current ones are foiled by insurance requirements.

We use to be betteeeeeeer.

Sent from the Matrioshka in the WH Christmas tree.

The article does point out that this was a gaffe.

It was a Freudian slip of the truth.

A white pride march was a euphemism for Alt-right pride rally.

If you express the mentality of the organizer, it verifies that the parade was not about promoting a positive message about the straight people (which obviously was not needed since being "straight" is not associated with a social stigma) . It was designed from the beginning as a polarizing partisan tool.

By the way, from the same link, we see that the "leftists" in Boston gave a permit for a similar "straight" parade.

Now feel free to compare the bigotry of the right towards gays to the supposedly bigotry you see on the left towards straight people. Start with the list of conservative cities which do not have a gay parade. Then you can continue with the examples you know of liberals opposing straight marriages and straight spouses' benefits.

Maybe then you can realize the stupid comparisons you try to make.

We're here, we're straight. get use to us

Do you think that LGBT people are trying to convert you by the fact that they exist and have equal rights? Do you think that minorities/immigrants are trying to convert you by existing?

Heterosexual and CIS people are still 95% of the population. What mental midget was expecting them to go away? Bisexual people are 50% hetero and trans people are often more than 50% heterosexual in their identified gender identity.

All identity politics sucks. When you parse yourself into a tribe you're identifying yourself as a victim. Stop that. And stop listening to people and parties that support it.

All identity politics sucks. When you parse yourself into a tribe you're identifying yourself as a victim. Stop that. And stop listening to people and parties that support it.

Nope!

When gays (and not straight people) become targets of hate crime BECAUSE of their sexual identity, then it is not a product of gays' imagination that bigotry against them exists and is dangerous. And this is the reason why many people (including straight) want to have events that promote a positive image of the LGBT community'

They are looking for "just us" instead of justice. To repurpose a phrase from Fidel Castro: Inside the movement - everything ; outside the movement - nothing. The same goes for feminism. If homosexuals want protection from discrimination, they too are prohibited from discriminating against people based on sexual orientation.

Do you think that LGBT people are trying to convert you by the fact that they exist and have equal rights? Do you think that minorities/immigrants are trying to convert you by existing?

Heterosexual and CIS people are still 95% of the population. What mental midget was expecting them to go away? Bisexual people are 50% hetero and trans people are often more than 50% heterosexual in their identified gender identity.

Back
Top Bottom