• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National standards for policing.

ipsofacto

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Why is this such a hard thing. Federal government draws up nation standards, makes it voluntary to comply, at least initially.

Because the federal government has no Constitutional authority to mandate state or local policing standards.

Because the federal government has no Constitutional authority to mandate state or local policing standards.

Notice I said nothing about mandates.

This is a very dumb idea. The federal government isn't equipped to even make recommendations to local governments. Everything they do is a big friggin mess.

This is a very dumb idea. The federal government isn't equipped to even make recommendations to local governments. Everything they do is a big friggin mess.

I see. You're an anarchist?

I see. You're an anarchist?

Not at all. Strange leap you make there. The federal government is not in the business of local policing and therefore really don't know what they are talking about. The point I am trying to make is that many people see the federal government as the reasonable answer to everything, when nothing they do is done well.

Not at all. Strange leap you make there. The federal government is not in the business of local policing and therefore really don't know what they are talking about. The point I am trying to make is that many people see the federal government as the reasonable answer to everything, when nothing they do is done well.

Trying to see how consistent your principle is. You oppose all wars, because "nothing they do is done well?"

Trying to see how consistent your principle is. You oppose all wars, because "nothing they do is done well?"

I don't oppose all wars but I don't think any war in my lifetime has been done well. If it was done well, we would have won.

Why is this such a hard thing. Federal government draws up nation standards, makes it voluntary to comply, at least initially.

The reason to kill the motion is in the "at least initially".

The reason to kill the motion is in the "at least initially".

You're inferring a mandate that is not in my comment. Interesting it's the second time someone projected their own idea into it.

Mandatory reporting & tracking of police caused homicides, would be a good start.

It's a travesty we don't even have that.

Yes, I believe that published statistics from the FBI are based on voluntary reporting from police departments.

And blackmails the states by threatening to remove highway and education spending if the states dont do as they are told, case this be how DC rolls.

If a police officer refuses to do his job, fire him. That simple.

Baltimore is going to crap since the Freddie Gray fiasco.

A direct result of the police looking the other way out of fear of prosecution from minions like yourself who think they can do whatever they like in this world.................... and not be bothered by a cop.

Keep up your righteous battle my friend.

And blackmails the states by threatening to remove highway and education spending if the states dont do as they are told, case this be how DC rolls.

Yes, but I would not call it "blackmail." The idea that police officers need to be told not to murder a suspect posing no danger is horrendous.

Yes, but I would not call it "blackmail." The idea that police officers need to be told not to murder a suspect posing no danger is horrendous.

OH I know, this is America 2016, never call a thing by its proper name if there be profit or peace of mind in misnaming it...... that is how we roll now.

We used to be better.

Well, considering that murder is a crime in every state of the union I don't see why a national standard to penalize it is necessary.

OH I know, this is America 2016, never call a thing by its proper name if there be profit in misnaming it...... that is how we roll now.

We used to be better.

Blackmail refers to one person asking for money to keep quiet about an embarrassing action by the person being blackmailed.

Back
Top Bottom