• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National Security Trump administration sanctions Russian spies, trolls over U.S. election interfere

I'll wait to see if the whitehouse actually enforces said sanctions and how tough they actually are. I won't hold my breath.

Yeah I think the last time was congress passed sanctions and trump said that just passing them was enough of a punishment to russia so they don't need to be enforced.

He did more than simply take Putin at his word that he didn't do it

that's right

he told the puppetmaster to "cut it out"

LOL!

liberals are to laugh

take care

Obama didn't do anything until after Hillary lost! In fact, he told everyone to stand down!

Had he done it before you would be crying about him interfering with the election.

Therefore it was the "left" who passed it.

That's so if you agree that Bush is a leftist. It wouldn't be too hard to make that case.

The left rubber stamped it. Therefore, it was not the right who passed it, but all of the above.

Had he done it before you would be crying about him interfering with the election.

How do you know that? Right now you are crying that Russia interfered in the election and Trump isn't doing anything about it when Obama didn't do anything about it until after Hillary lost.

How do you know that? Right now you are crying that Russia interfered in the election and Trump isn't doing anything about it when Obama didn't do anything about it until after Hillary lost.

Obama should've done more. But like I said, you'd be in here whining about him interfering with the election. He still did more than trump. Even these sanctions... I've yet to see trump speak on it. I've seen Niki Haley speak on it and a couple others speak tough. I've yet to see trump do it. His hand is apparently being forced.

As I said before: It was a bi partisan attack on the Fifth Amendment.

Well, I'm a voter and I'm totally fine with the Patriot Act. They can surveil me all they want, especially when I know that I might live a better life with less terrorists around.

Well, I'm a voter and I'm totally fine with the Patriot Act. They can surveil me all they want, especially when I know that I might live a better life with less terrorists around.

If we're going to repeal the fifth amendment, let's repeal the second as well. That way, you can live a better life knowing that there are no armed thugs roaming the streets. Anyway, you have no reason to object to government surveillance unless you're into some illegal activities, right? right?

Obama should've done more. But like I said, you'd be in here whining about him interfering with the election. He still did more than trump. Even these sanctions... I've yet to see trump speak on it. I've seen Niki Haley speak on it and a couple others speak tough. I've yet to see trump do it. His hand is apparently being forced.

Actually, you are totally and completely wrong. I'm pissed at Obama for NOT doing anything. I voted for Obama in 2012. He KNEW the Russians were up to no good and did nothing about it when he could have and I'm also pissed at him and the left for stupidly thinking that slapping Russia's wrists after the fact is going to get them to stop their behavior and Obama stupidly waited until after Hillary lost before even stupidly thinking that what he did do after the fact was actually going to stop Russia. I would rather have had Obama actually do something at the time but, in the end, anything the Russians did had absolutely nothing to do with Trump being president. Hillary did herself in along with the DNC, the MSM, Hollywood, and the arrogant left. The left seems to have this illusion that if Russia hadn't interfered in the election that Hillary would have won. She wouldn't have. Russia's main goal was to undermine our democracy and our election process and here we are with the left going all rabid that the election was not legitimate.

Actually, you are totally and completely wrong. I'm pissed at Obama for NOT doing anything.

This is you repeating a debunked lie. *edit... then further down this post you said he did do something. Make up your mind. Either stick with your lie or don't. You waffled on it in the same paragraph here.

I voted for Obama in 2012. He KNEW the Russians were up to no good and did nothing about it when he could have

He should've done something about the 2016 russian hacking in 2012 you say? Let us continue to see what moar obsurdities you bring shall we?

and I'm also pissed at him and the left for stupidly thinking that slapping Russia's wrists after the fact is going to get them to stop their behavior and Obama stupidly waited until after Hillary lost before even stupidly thinking that what he did do after the fact was actually going to stop Russia.

You mean that wrist slap that was so slight that Trump has fought so hard to overturn?

I would rather have had Obama actually do something at the time but, in the end, anything the Russians did had absolutely nothing to do with Trump being president. Hillary did herself in. The left seems to have this illusion that if Russia hadn't interfered in the election that Hillary would have won. She wouldn't have. Russia's main goal was to undermine our democracy and our election process and here we are with the left going all rabid that the election was not legitimate.

It's just shocking that you even admit that russia hacked our election and you don't still believe it may be some 400 pound guy sitting on a bed somewhere. And we are all so sure you are FURIOUS that the dems got hacked. It must bother you to the core. :lol:

If we're going to repeal the fifth amendment, let's repeal the second as well. That way, you can live a better life knowing that there are no armed thugs roaming the streets. Anyway, you have no reason to object to government surveillance unless you're into some illegal activities, right? right?

There is a democratic process. You can't just snub your nose at the fifth amendment. That's why the Patriot Act was passed, in a legal way, with consent from Congress and a sign off by the president, all of which could be taken back in 2009 after Democrats controlled the government - but they didn't repeal it. Same can be done for the second amendment and, it would indeed happen if Democrats controlled the government. In fact, the 2016 election really didn't have a damn thing to do with Russian Collusion but about the second amendment and an opening on the Supreme Court. If there was no opening on the Supreme Court with the second amendment hanging in the balance, more than likely, Hillary would have won.

There is a democratic process. You can't just snub your nose at the fifth amendment. That's why the Patriot Act was passed, in a legal way, with consent from Congress and a sign off by the president, all of which could be taken back in 2009 after Democrats controlled the government - but they didn't repeal it. Same can be done for the second amendment and, it would indeed happen if Democrats controlled the government. In fact, the 2016 election really didn't have a damn thing to do with Russian Collusion but about the second amendment and an opening on the Supreme Court. If there was no opening on the Supreme Court with the second amendment hanging in the balance, more than likely, Hillary would have won.

Congress has been snubbing its collective nose at the fifth amendment for years, starting with asset forfeiture laws, and later with the Patriot Act. It would gladly snub its nose at the Second as well if it weren't for the NRA. The first is under attack, but is being defended still. The tenth is already dead, and has been for many years.

The trend toward ignoring the Bill of Rights is, as you've already pointed out, a bi partisan effort. It doesn't matter which party is in power.

Back
Top Bottom