• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National Mask Mandate

Lol, dated March 31st.....it is now August 14th....the senseless riots have been ongoing for 2 1/2 months. The guy is in the spotlight, but not much if any speak since then....or maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see it from anyone on the left.

??? George Floyd died on May 25, thereabout. :doh

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Are you comparing the rioting in about 3 US cities to 170,000 dead of CV and a viral crisis that we're not even close to ending?

Wow. Yeah...masks are a good start and a strong contributor to the rest of the recommendations to slow the infection of CV19 in the US. And it's something that everyone can do.

But ok, you feel a handful of riots are worse. Your decision of course.

The states have already been mandating masks, not the federal government. Joe is not coming up with a novel idea, as it's already implemented, and has for months. Can you see the problem here or is it too much for you to grasp?

A "handfull of riots', as you say, huh? Thousands and thousands of people across the country coming together in huge crowds spreading the Covid virus during the protests, riots, and looting....guess it was all just lovefest, just a few people coming together to rightfully protest.....lol.

Oh well, typo error.....it's still been two and half months....what has Joe and Harris been saying recently about the unrest across the country?.....I am not hearing or seeing anything as President Trump is saying and doing, in fact the left has been turning down help and actually blaming Trump for the problem, lol.....it's always Trump's fault with the left,,,what's up with that, anyway?
That I don't know, but it may be a fair question. But I do know Biden condemned the riots strongly when they started.

All this being said, I'm with you in that I'm dead against the rioting. But I do support Biden-Harris. ;)

Biden and Harris are concerned about protecting American lives while Trump is trying to remove shower nozzle flow rate restrictions.

Which one do you think is more important?
Now that's perspective!

Not what I read. Said he wanted governors to mandate it. No federal mask cops.

Hello.....hello, anyone there? The states have been for the last several months been mandating masks....where the hell has Joe been?....didn't he know?....nobody tell him?....lol.

Hello.....hello, anyone there? The states have been for the last several months been mandating masks....where the hell has Joe been?....didn't he know?....nobody tell him?....lol.

We don't have a mask mandate here. Where has Trump been?

The states have already been mandating masks, not the federal government. Joe is not coming up with a novel idea, as it's already implemented, and has for months. Can you see the problem here or is it too much for you to grasp?

A "handfull of riots', as you say, huh? Thousands and thousands of people across the country coming together in huge crowds spreading the Covid virus during the protests, riots, and looting....guess it was all just lovefest, just a few people coming together to rightfully protest.....lol.

All of the states? Nope, not at all. And it's NOT novel. It's not even hard. It's been recommended by just about every single medical expert!!!!!!!!!

And yet The Donald hasnt done it. He's done what I wrote...which is a complete failure to strongly endorse masks, including with his own behavior. See: 4th of July in SD and the Tulsa rally. :doh

But at least you admitted it's the right thing to do...and The Donald didnt do it. :2bow:

No kidding. The Donald has completely dropped the ball there. See: dead Herman Cain. (Of course I do believe people have to take some responsibility for their own actions...if you are stupid enough to believe The Donald on anything with much other outside verification, well...:shrug:)

But still...even Dr Fauci and others continue to say how we could have kept the epidemic in check after the shut down and our numbers would be dropping now if we had all been more invested in wearing masks. And as a supposed leader, The Donald waffled on that and barely even made the effort.

And let's see how many cities are still rioting? I said "about 3." What'cha got? Let's see?

I however, can show 170,000 dead from a failed national response to CV19.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Last edited:
Lol, dated March 31st.....it is now August 14th....the senseless riots have been ongoing for 2 1/2 months. The guy is in the spotlight, but not much if any speak since then....or maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see it from anyone on the left.

Ok, so if he says the same thing again you'll respect him and definitely vote for him?

What’s the problem with Joe endorsing a good idea, especially given Trump’s ambivalence about masks?

Wow....jeesh....nevermind.

A true leader strategizes so that he can win...and THEN comes out and does his job. :mrgreen:

If your opponent wants to lose the election all on his own...why stop him?

I think a great quality of a good leader is speaking what's on his heart, his convictions regardless of consequences, not thinking of pleasing a certain group of people, as so many politicians do today. The days of forked tongued politicians reading a speech writers words, instead of his own are over. People yearn for true heartfelt words from our leaders, not the high and mighty words, and catch phrases which will gain a soundbite on TV that night.

I think a great quality of a good leader is speaking what's on his heart, his convictions regardless of consequences, not thinking of pleasing a certain group of people, as so many politicians do today. The days of forked tongued politicians reading a speech writers words, instead of his own are over. People yearn for true heartfelt words from our leaders, not the high and mighty words, and catch phrases which will gain a soundbite on TV that night.

So then you are not a Trump supporter? My bad.

Well, that's something.

Last edited:
Today's QAnons are the remnants of the GOP.
Yesterday's Republicans no longer exist.
All we have left are Qonservatives, Qonfederates, Qpublicans, qTEAts, and 1850's know-nothings.

That I don't know, but it may be a fair question. But I do know Biden condemned the riots strongly when they started.

All this being said, I'm with you in that I'm dead against the rioting. But I do support Biden-Harris. ;)

From the crickets in the MSM and democratic leadership, maybe somebody should tell their leaders to speak up and condemn the senseless violence and rioting across the country.....help to enforce the law instead of enable lawbreakers....just saying.

I feel your pain for supporting Biden/Harris ticket....yikes.

We don't have a mask mandate here. Where has Trump been?

Meaning Trump has let it up to the governors of states to mandate masks or not, duh.

Meaning Trump has let it up to the governors of states to mandate masks or not, duh.

Your words
The states have been for the last several months been mandating masks
My state hasn't. Where was Trump? Title of the thread being
National Mask Mandate
So, iow, it is either left up to the states, according to Trump, or it is a national mandate, according to Biden. Cheers. Again, my state isn't a national mandate, thus we don't have a statewide mandate.

All of the states? Nope, not at all. And it's NOT novel. It's not even hard. It's been recommended by just about every single medical expert!!!!!!!!!

And yet The Donald hasnt done it. He's done what I wrote...which is a complete failure to strongly endorse masks, including with his own behavior. See: 4th of July in SD and the Tulsa rally. :doh

But at least you admitted it's the right thing to do...and The Donald didnt do it. :2bow:

And let's see how many cities are still rioting? I said "about 3." What'cha got? Let's see?

I however, can show 170,000 dead from a failed national response to CV19.

Rebounding since the Floyd murder with all the protests, riots and looting.....was that okay with you that hundreds of thousands across the country, in time of a pandemic protested, rioted, and looted across the country? They failed to follow national guidelines for the prevention of the Covid 19 virus....or was it just okay for these people?....coming back home, friends, work spreading the virus after an all night protest or riot....that's okay, huh?

Rebounding since the Floyd murder with all the protests, riots and looting.....was that okay with you that hundreds of thousands across the country, in time of a pandemic protested, rioted, and looted across the country? They failed to follow national guidelines for the prevention of the Covid 19 virus....or was it just okay for these people?....coming back home, friends, work spreading the virus after an all night protest or riot....that's okay, huh?

Please answer my questions before asking more of your own.

The biggest protests were in New York and their covid #'s are at about 1%. Could it possibly be there was a mask mandate in effect at the time.
Maybe if the president had spoken to and urged every governor in every state to issue a mandate like Biden did, no federal mandate, we might have this under control.
Stop ****ing whining.
By the way we won't stop protesting so good luck with all your whining. I'm sure you'll find some other grievance soon.
Especially when the streets of the US start looking more like Belarus than the US, that must be the US you want.

The biggest protests were in New York and their covid #'s are at about 1%. Could it possibly be there was a mask mandate in effect at the time.
Maybe if the president had spoken to and urged every governor in every state to issue a mandate like Biden did, no federal mandate, we might have this under control.
Stop ****ing whining.
By the way we won't stop protesting so good luck with all your whining. I'm sure you'll find some other grievance soon.
Especially when the streets of the US start looking more like Belarus than the US, that must be the US you want.

So, why are you protesting?....do you stay six feet away from others and wear a mask?....are you a peaceful protester or a riotous looter lowlife?...

So, why are you protesting?....do you stay six feet away from others and wear a mask?....are you a peaceful protester or a riotous looter lowlife?...

I wear a mask, pass out masks to those that don't have them.
We the millions are a riotous looters and lowlifes to you so what difference does it make what I say.

One of the first things the dynamic duo announce in their strange partnership is the call for a "national mask mandate". With all the riots, looting, ransacking of our cities, along with the lefts call to defund police, this is what the democrats come up with?....lol, really?

How about someone from the left stand up and grow a set.....speak out against these lowlife criminals, support having them arrested, put in jail, and NOT released like these leftist liberal judges have been doing....are you all against law and order?....answer.

How does Biden and Harris think they are going to federally police this mandate??....maybe a new force called "Mask Troopers". For all you leftist nutjobs out there in lala land, I am not against wearing a mask during this pandemic, but this should be left up to the states and not the federal government....hello!....lol, and these are your best you got, lol.

Now wait a minute. With this mandate, if there are riots and the rioters don't wear masks, they can be arrested finally.

I wear a mask, pass out masks to those that don't have them.
We the millions are a riotous looters and lowlifes to you so what difference does it make what I say.

There is a huge difference between a protester, a rioter and looter....if you cannot see that, well then there is not much help for you.

Now wait a minute. With this mandate, if there are riots and the rioters don't wear masks, they can be arrested finally.

There you go.....where there's a will there's a way. That would be hilarious....LIVE on CNN..."protesters, rioters and looters being arrested by the thousands, video of them destroying property and attacking police couldn't get them arrested or kept in jail, but by gosh, not wearing a mask lands them in jail"......:lamo

What are Biden, Harris, any democrat or you doing about the criminals ransacking our cities across America?.....answer is...nothing, just ignore it and let it keep going, let it boil till November. We all know what is going on here....are you all stupid or something?
What are you doing? Answer; Posting dumbass threads attacking Biden and Harris for proposing a common sense measure to save American lives, because you’re perfectly happy to sit back (doing abso****inglutley nothing) as Trump continues to mismanage a national health crisis.

Yeap, while the democratic lead House is on vacation, many Americans will be evicted from their homes, because of political gamesmanship. Sometimes it is hard to believe what I am seeing from our politicians....it's a real damn shame.

The democrat led house sent their bill to the senate on 5/20... Where the hell has the senate been?

Back
Top Bottom