• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National Archives Still Missing Some trump Administration Records

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Even though the DOJ did their search in August, trump still has not handed over all the documents he stole.

The NARA is going to consult with the DOJ on whether to initiate an action for the recovery of the records unlawfully removed.

From the article:

In a statement, Maloney said it was "outrageous that these records remain unaccounted for 20 months after former President Trump left office."

"Former President Trump and his senior staff have shown an utter disregard for the rule of law and our national security by failing to return presidential records as the law requires," Maloney said. "I will continue to do everything in my power to ensure that all presidential records from the Trump White House are returned to the custody of the government and to make sure these abuses never happen again."

The National Archives previously said Trump allegedly had more than 700 pages of classified material in his possession, which were found in the 15 boxes that the Archives retrieved from Mar-a-Lago in January.

They were probably what was contained in the empty folders.

Why am I not surprised!

Even though the DOJ did their search in August, trump still has not handed over all the documents he stole.

The NARA is going to consult with the DOJ on whether to initiate an action for the recovery of the records unlawfully removed.

From the article:

In a statement, Maloney said it was "outrageous that these records remain unaccounted for 20 months after former President Trump left office."

"Former President Trump and his senior staff have shown an utter disregard for the rule of law and our national security by failing to return presidential records as the law requires," Maloney said. "I will continue to do everything in my power to ensure that all presidential records from the Trump White House are returned to the custody of the government and to make sure these abuses never happen again."

The National Archives previously said Trump allegedly had more than 700 pages of classified material in his possession, which were found in the 15 boxes that the Archives retrieved from Mar-a-Lago in January.

Why are they crying? All they have to do is tell the DOJ to give the stuff to them. (maybe they'll have to sue the DOJ)

That...makes absolutely no sense. But that's par for the course.
Of course, it makes sense. The FBI took everything Trump had. That means if any of the stuff belongs to the NARA, they need to deal with the DOJ to get it.

Of course, it makes sense. The FBI took everything Trump had. That means if any of the stuff belongs to the NARA, they need to deal with the DOJ to get it.
That wasn't true the first time they retrieved documents and apparently wasn't true the second time either.

Trump says they took everything and of course you believe him even after he's shown you time and again he is a compulsive liar.

That wasn't true the first time they retrieved documents and apparently wasn't true the second time either.
How does anyone know? Has the DOJ told NARA what they have that belongs to them?

The doj has the missing documents? Where do you get your info? Are you the number 2 at the fbi?
If Trump had the documents, he doesn't anymore. You do know that the FBI took everything he had, right?

How does anyone know? Has the DOJ told NARA what they have that belongs to them?
NARA claims to be missing a whole category of documentation that they should have. THAT IS HOW THEY KNOW.

NARA claims to be missing a whole category of documentation that they should have. THAT IS HOW THEY KNOW.
That's not what I asked.

How does the NARA know the DOJ doesn't have them?

What about the stuff Trump stashed elsewhere? Let me guess, you got "inside" information that he didn't stash any documents elsewhere?

That's not what I asked.

How does the NARA know the DOJ doesn't have them?
Would it really not surprise you if the DOJ held stuff back, to make it look like documents are missing, so the uproar will continue.

If Trump had the documents, he doesn't anymore. You do know that the FBI took everything he had, right?

How do we know that the DoJ got everything he had?

Would it really not surprise you if the DOJ held stuff back, to make it look like documents are missing, so the uproar will continue.

Poor Trump just can't get a fair shake. And he's been so cooperative. He's tried so hard to expedite matters. Clearly, the last thing he wants is to drag things out.

You got that right!

He's tried so hard to resolve this as quickly as possible, but the FBI just won't let him.

Any thoughts in why he took the stuff to begin with? I hear he signed the law making it illegal.

He's tried so hard to resolve this as quickly as possible, but the FBI just won't let him.

Any thoughts in why he took the stuff to begin with? I hear he signed the law making it illegal.
I know right!

I know right!

We know the FBI purposefully left stuff behind from the first search and seizure so they could come back again.

Any thoughts on why he took the stuff to begin with? I hear he signed the law making it illegal.

One thing we know, you can't take Trump or his lawyer's word for it.

Since the DOJ and NARA have overlapping goals (the return and security of classified documents) I'd be inclined to think they're assisting each other in the investigation -- unlike Trump who is doing everything he can to obstruct the process.

Back
Top Bottom