• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

National Anthem

Patrickt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"An assistant principal from Florida who blew away a crowd at the Lincoln Memorial earlier this month with her emotional rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" did it on a dare."
Assistant principal opens up about powerful performance of national anthem at Lincoln Memorial | Fox News

And, Americans enjoyed her performance, applauded, and thanked her.
It was impressive for me.

When this is performed for sporting events or things like that, I much prefer a classically trained singer just singing the damn song than some wannabe pop star that over embellishes it to an irritating degree. Also I really enjoy hearing it played instrumentally. But being an instrumental musician myself, I'm admittedly biased.

When this is performed for sporting events or things like that, I much prefer a classically trained singer just singing the damn song than some wannabe pop star that over embellishes it to an irritating degree. Also I really enjoy hearing it played instrumentally. But being an instrumental musician myself, I'm admittedly biased.

I'm not a musician or a music critic. I tend to prefer a classical rendition to but the reaction to her singing the National Anthem was fantastic.

I'm not a musician or a music critic. I tend to prefer a classical rendition to but the reaction to her singing the National Anthem was fantastic.

Oh I'm not knocking this particular rendition, just expressing my overall preference

:mrgreen:

Not only do many pop stars overdo it but it's also a difficult song to perform and many pop singers simply don't have the chops to do it justice.

Back
Top Bottom