• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nathan Phillips demands students punishement

dirtpoorchris

King of Videos
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Nathan Phillips addressed the entire Catholic Religion and demands that the students be punished and apologize for past atrocities.

Still falsely claiming Phillips fought overseas. :roll:

Nathan Phillips addressed the entire Catholic Religion and demands that the students be punished and apologize for past atrocities.

Um, what???
Is this for real?

If so, he's really stupid.

Phillips also is an idiot. It was a decree by the Catholic Pope that Native Americans have souls, ie are human, than ended the 100% outright deliberate total genocide of Native Americans (as did occur on EVERY Caribbean Island - 100% extinction). With this decree of the Pope, Native Americans were no longer allowed to be treated solely as animals and were to be converted rather than exterminated. Prior to that decree, those not suitable for slave labor would be rounded up and totally slaughtered.

Yet more right-wing trolling. What was the Indian demonstration doing that was illegal? What was Phillips doing that was illegal? When did he ever say that he fought in Vietnam?

And of course the right-wing thuggery is filing suit! They have to get their names into the papers!

Yet more right-wing trolling. What was the Indian demonstration doing that was illegal? What was Phillips doing that was illegal? When did he ever say that he fought in Vietnam?

And of course the right-wing thuggery is filing suit! They have to get their names into the papers!

Im not right-wing and I never said he did anything illegal. Hes just a lying sack of buffalo dung who did a really good job of bringing extremist leftists out of the woodwork.

:lamo

"Uncle Nate fought for us overseas"

Dumbasses. Uncle Nate is a piece of **** and a liar...and he either bamboozled those weak minded idiots in attendance or they know he is a liar and are complicit in spreading his lies. Either way....

Im not right-wing and I never said he did anything illegal. Hes just a lying sack of buffalo dung who did a really good job of bringing extremist leftists out of the woodwork.

Wrong again. Phillips was there with a group that had a permit to demonstrate, and he saw a fight brewing ans tried to peacefully intervene. The Lord of the Flies stood in his way and his flies yelped and screamed at Phillips until his people had called the cops. The black Israelites started the entire thing; you guys seem to pass over that (no pun intended) and keep trying to draw Phillips into a character that he is not, and you're doing it for political purposes because those kids were wearing Trump hats. They were acting like little thugs.

:lamo

"Uncle Nate fought for us overseas"

Dumbasses. Uncle Nate is a piece of **** and a liar...and he either bamboozled those weak minded idiots in attendance or they know he is a liar and are complicit in spreading his lies. Either way....

Where did he say he fought in Vietnam? Show us his quote.

Where has he lied? Show us his lying quotes.

Being center of eagle its so odd to see leftists continually stomp on righties pride and not give 1 crap about it and excuse it. Lets see who is ok with a mob of people purposely storming a catholic mass during service, yet you were against the pretend scenario of the boys crowding the natives, even though we now know it was the natives that went straight at the boys. You know you ****ed up when even Christians are slamming their front door churches on you.

"I'm a Vietnam vet, you know," Phillips said. "I served in the Marine Corps from '72 to '76. I got discharged May 5, 1976. I got honorable discharge and one of the boxes in there shows if you were peacetime or... what my box says that I was in theater. I don't talk much about my Vietnam times. I usually say 'I don't recollect. I don't recall,' you know, those years."

https://taskandpurpose.com/nathan-phillips-vietnam

Christ. They really are settling on turning this into the next but her emails.

Phillips also is an idiot. It was a decree by the Catholic Pope that Native Americans have souls, ie are human, than ended the 100% outright deliberate total genocide of Native Americans (as did occur on EVERY Caribbean Island - 100% extinction). With this decree of the Pope, Native Americans were no longer allowed to be treated solely as animals and were to be converted rather than exterminated. Prior to that decree, those not suitable for slave labor would be rounded up and totally slaughtered.
What a painfully stupid post.
The Sublimis Deus took place in 1537.
No relevance to this discussion. None.

Wrong again. Phillips was there with a group that had a permit to demonstrate, and he saw a fight brewing ans tried to peacefully intervene. The Lord of the Flies stood in his way and his flies yelped and screamed at Phillips until his people had called the cops. The black Israelites started the entire thing; you guys seem to pass over that (no pun intended) and keep trying to draw Phillips into a character that he is not, and you're doing it for political purposes because those kids were wearing Trump hats. They were acting like little thugs.

Unlike Phillips, the kids instigated nothing.

Unlike Phillips, the kids didn't invade anyone's personal space.

Unlike Phillips, the kids then didn't go lie to the national media in order to whip up a vicious hate-mob against someone they disagreed with.

Of all the actors in this mess, the kids are the least objectionable, and given that they were being set on by adults, their restrained reactions (passively standing still while smiling? the horror. :roll: ) is, if anything, relatively laudable.

Of course, political tribalists on the left won't be able to acknowledge that, because for them, moral placement and value comes not from what you actually do, but rather whether or not you are part of the Tribe or the Enemy.

"I'm a Vietnam vet, you know," Phillips said. "I served in the Marine Corps from '72 to '76. I got discharged May 5, 1976. I got honorable discharge and one of the boxes in there shows if you were peacetime or... what my box says that I was in theater. I don't talk much about my Vietnam times. I usually say 'I don't recollect. I don't recall,' you know, those years."

For those keeping track:

1. He wasn't Honorably Discharged, as he went UA (Marine Corps Version of AWOL) on multiple occasions.
2. Nothing in his DD 214 says he was in theater.

From an actual veteran who's deployed to war:

In reality, Phillips has been all over the place in his description of his service. Sometimes he’s truthful. Sometimes he’s vague. And sometimes, like in the video above, he lies.

It is honorable to serve in the Marine Corps Reserve. It is honorable to serve stateside, and the military needs refrigerator technicians (the job he performed during most of his service). It is dishonorable to lie about your service — to steal your credibility from the valor of others — and it is dishonorable to exaggerate your role. He once reportedly called himself a “recon ranger” (whatever that is). To the extent that your assessment of the confrontation at the Lincoln Memorial relies in any way on the word of Nathan Phillips, it’s time to rethink your assessment. He is not a truthful man.

Did Uncle Nate fight for you overseas? Was that a direct quote from the video clip?

As for that piece of **** himself, aside from lying about being a 'recon ranger', "Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.” https://newsmaven.io/indiancountryt...ton-national-cemetery-tMOxOLqrJU6Ux9hZvXAzYQ/

Whaich was of course bull**** because he never 'came back' to the U.S. because his ass never left.

Being center of eagle its so odd to see leftists continually stomp on righties pride and not give 1 crap about it and excuse it. Lets see who is ok with a mob of people purposely storming a catholic mass during service, yet you were against the pretend scenario of the boys crowding the natives, even though we now know it was the natives that went straight at the boys. You know you ****ed up when even Christians are slamming their front door churches on you.

Can you imagine if the situation were reversed and Catholic teens tried to hold a pro-life rally on an Indian Reservation in the middle of a sacred ceremony?

Unlike Phillips, the kids instigated nothing.

Unlike Phillips, the kids didn't invade anyone's personal space.

Unlike Phillips, the kids then didn't go lie to the national media in order to whip up a vicious hate-mob against someone they disagreed with.

Of all the actors in this mess, the kids are the least objectionable, and given that they were being set on by adults, their restrained reactions (passively standing still while smiling? the horror. :roll: ) is, if anything, relatively laudable.

Of course, political tribalists on the left won't be able to acknowledge that, because for them, moral placement and value comes not from what you actually do, but rather whether or not you are part of the Tribe or the Enemy.

Nick Sandmann endeavored to calm the situation. He stood still, smiled and when he realized the malign intent of Mr. Phillips, he stopped smiling and motioned to his classmates to stop singing.
That didn't stop Chief Stolen Valor from banging his drum in a kid's face.

Since the last field marine unit was recalled in May of 1971, its not surprising he doesnt talk much about his Vietnam times or that he doesnt recollect 'those years'...since he didnt join the reserves as a refer mech til after the last man was already home a full year.

Christ. They really are settling on turning this into the next but her emails.

And you all are trying to turn it into, "I know they didn't anything wrong, but they should be punished anyway".

So what crime, exactly, did the Catholic high school students commit?
Was their subsequent excoriation, character assassination, harassment and doxing by the main stream media and social media justified, somehow in your mind?

He was in the Core at that time and it was during the "Viet Nam" era, that's were it ends, he never served in Nam.

Native American activist Nathan Phillips has never said he served in combat in Vietnam, though he has often referred to his service in the U.S. Marine Corps as the “Vietnam times.”

On Wednesday, the Marines clarified this, telling The Washington Post and other media outlets that Phillips had served from June 1972 to May 1976 in the Marine Corps Reserve, serving first as an infantryman and then a refrigerator technician.

Marine Corps says Nathan Phillips didn't serve in Vietnam - NY Daily News

Back
Top Bottom