• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nascar driver gets slapped in the face by woman

herenow1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ok, so it's easy to say what we would and wouldn't do in certain situations. My first thought when I saw this was; if a woman walked up and slapped my man-she'd get slapped right back. He displayed good self restraint and if he slapped her back he would have had to deal with all the backlash and possible charges. I hope he presses charges against this woman. How many would have slapped her back?

Max Papis Slapped | FOX Sports on MSN

I would have calmly looked at her and said "Let me put my helmet on and we'll try this again."

And this was no laughing matter, as Papis has since confirmed he suffered a dislocated jaw and says he is considering pressing charges.

Ummm... Wtf? wtf.gif

Papis is either a massive drama queen or someone pretty clearly needs to work on their writing clarity. I could see him possibly dislocating his jaw in the race and the woman in question making it worse, but I definitely don't see it happening from a woman's open palmed slap alone.

Talk about a "glass jaw!"

How can she slap!

Ummm... Wtf? View attachment 67153012

Papis is either a massive drama queen or someone pretty clearly needs to work on their writing clarity. I could see him possibly dislocating his jaw in the race and the woman in question making it worse, but I definitely don't see it happening from a woman's open palmed slap alone.

Talk about a "glass jaw!"

A woman can't be strong enough to dislocate a mans jaw? Sorry man but your post sounds awefully sexist. Even with an open handed slap a jaw can still be dislocated if hit right. And it doesn't matter if the person doing the slapping is a man or a woman.

A woman can't be strong enough to dislocate a mans jaw? Sorry man but your post sounds awefully sexist. Even with an open handed slap a jaw can still be dislocated if hit right. And it doesn't matter if the person doing the slapping is a man or a woman.

I'm 6'1" and weigh around 200 lbs. If I've never managed to dislocate a man's jaw with a full force punch, or had my jaw dislocated in turn from men doing the same to me, I kind of doubt that a prissy little slap from a 5'5" woman along the lines of what was shown in that video would do it either.

I'm sorry, but the strength and size that comes with gender actually does make a difference in this regard.

If she honestly did dislocate his jaw, it was either one Hell of a lucky shot, or Papis has a "glass jaw" for the record books.

Last edited:
I'm 6'1" and weigh around 200 lbs. If I've never managed to dislocate a man's jaw with a full force punch, or had my jaw dislocated in turn from men doing the same to me, I kind of doubt that a prissy little slap from a 5'5" woman along the lines of what was shown in that video would do it either.

I'm sorry, but the strength and size that comes with gender actually does make a difference in this regard.

If she honestly did dislocate his jaw, it was either one Hell of a lucky shot, or Papis has a "glass jaw" for the record books.

He may have a weak point in his jaw from previous injuries. That isn't all that uncommon... it took me most of a year to fully recover from a dislocated jaw taken in a boxing match once.

(The other guys nickname was "Freight Train"... because he hit like one! :doh )

If she just walked up and slapped me for no reason, she'd be lucky if reflex didn't take over and I didn't lay her out.

If I managed to restrain myself, I'd press charges for simple assault. It is NOT okay to simply walk up and strike someone just because you are a woman, sorry.

It did look like a hard slap. You can tell he was in pain and trying to play it off. He didn't even put his hand on his face, which is your first reaction.

Okay, I read the article and watched the vid. This was the GF of the other driver he got in an argument with. That still doesn't excuse her; it doesn't say Papis hit anybody.

I watched the slap video carefully several times. It looks like she hit him with her full hand, and the heel of her palm impacted along his jaw on the middle-left side.

There's a martial arts strike called the palm heel... it can be done many different ways, and a lot of people don't realize that bare-handed you can hit a hard object (like a man's head) HARDER with a palm-heel that you can with a fist... without injuring yourself. The blow turned his head about 45 degrees.

I can see that possibly doing some damage. If he has prior jaw injuries or she got lucky and hit just right, possibly something like a dislocation. I don't KNOW but it isn't out of the question, in my highly-educated-in-this-field opinion. :)

I watched the slap on the news this morning and it was no where near hard enough to dislocate a jaw. Now apparently they are going to arrest the woman? C'mon. It was an open handed slap and I'm pretty sure this glass jaw thing is just a rumor. Let it go people.

Max Papis is kinda a bitch. He 'slapped' another driver a few months ago for the same reason. So...a little turnabout becomes fair play. Frankly...Id show a jury this and walk out of the courtroom.

I'm sorry, but the strength and size that comes with gender actually do make a difference in this regard.

*shakes head* I love hearing how big and bad people think they are. Just makes me shake my head and chuckle. I'm a small guy. Only 5'10" and NOT muscular. Growing up in school being the runt of the class I've dealt with lots of bully's and did so into my mid 20's also when I hung around the wrong crowd. Know what I learned? Beware the smaller person more than the bigger person. Fighting smart is always better than fighting on power alone (and smaller people...of necessity..always fight smarter). I know of several ways to incapcitate people without throwing one single closed fisted punch. And dislocating a jaw is relatively easy, just have to hit it at the right point. Easy enough to do if the person isn't expecting to be hit.

*shakes head* I love hearing how big and bad people think they are. Just makes me shake my head and chuckle. I'm a small guy. Only 5'10" and NOT muscular. Growing up in school being the runt of the class I've dealt with lots of bully's and did so into my mid 20's also when I hung around the wrong crowd. Know what I learned? Beware the smaller person more than the bigger person. Fighting smart is always better than fighting on power alone (and smaller people...of necessity..always fight smarter). I know of several ways to incapcitate people without throwing one single closed fisted punch. And dislocating a jaw is relatively easy, just have to hit it at the right point. Easy enough to do if the person isn't expecting to be hit.

If you say so, dude. :roll:

If women weren't routinely beaten to a bloody pulp and killed by men twice their size and strength, you might have a point. However, they are, so you don't.

Even if the woman in question did manage to dislocate Papis' jaw with the strike shown in the video, it would ultimately be nothing more than a fluke. He would either have to have had a weak jaw from a prior injury, or she would've had to have landed the "Holy Grail" of lucky shots without meaning to.

Either way, your original comment was patently ridiculous.

Max Papis is kinda a bitch. He 'slapped' another driver a few months ago for the same reason. So...a little turnabout becomes fair play. Frankly...Id show a jury this and walk out of the courtroom.

Well, this I didn't know about. I suppose it is kinda "what goes around comes around".

Of course legally it doesn't matter. Something he did last week or last year to someone else isn't legal justification for committing the same wrong against him later.

But yeah I kinda lost some sympathy for the guy right there I admit....

She didn't exactly do a stinging slap..you can see her palm go into his jaw and that definitely can dislocate or break a jaw.

Yea but he looked like he was joking and dude had his helmet on. It was also a light tap!

She needs to be arrested so she can learn that you don't go around just slapping ppl with no consequence!

Yea but he looked like he was joking and dude had his helmet on. It was also a light tap!
You didnt LISTEN to his words? He wasnt joking, it was a light slap because he is a bitch (when is a slap not a slap?), and his 'apology' consisted of Im sorry for slapping him here, I should have slapped him in the garage.

If women weren't routinely beaten to a bloody pulp and killed by men twice their size and strength, you might have a point. However, they are, so you don't.

Even if the woman in question did manage to dislocate Papis' jaw with the strike shown in the video, it would ultimately be nothing more than a fluke. He would either have to have had a weak jaw from a prior injury, or she would've had to have landed the "Holy Grail" of lucky shots without meaning to.

Well, yes and no. It is true that men usually overpower women in a purely physical conflict (no weapons other than what you're born with), even when size disparity is modest or equal.

Now if the women is well-trained in fighting skills and the man isn't, it can be a whole different story in many cases. I did a women's self-defense course this time, ran about four hours. A lot of it focused on awareness, avoidance, escape and evasion, but we also spent a good bit of time on hand to hand stuff. About a dozen grip escapes, a couple basic defenses, and half a dozen of the meanest and most devastating strikes anyone can throw.

I had this college age gal there, I'll call her Rana for purposes of the story... she was medium-sized, about 5'7 and feminine of build, but she was an outdoorswoman and amateur athlete and thus strong and quick and well coordinated; definitely my best student at the class. Well oddly enough that very same night (or maybe it was the next night, I forget) she was accosted by a much bigger fellow who tried to manhandle her.... she not only whooped his ass, she whooped it so bad that he lost his pants trying to escape and fell on his face, according to witnesses. :lamo

One of the things I taught her was how to turn an instinctive slap into a palm-heel strike. I then let her practice it on me with some safety equipment... and she whipped my head around and rang my bell pretty good, even through some padding.

Okay now this doesn't necessarily directly relate to the OP and the slap in question, no... that wasn't a deliberate and trained palm-heel strike, but the slap landed her whole hand on his face including the heel of the palm right at the jawline, so it is POSSIBLE she could have done some real damage there, especially if he has prior injuries. Just sayin'.... the only people that know for SURE are Papis and his doctor.

:shrug:

Well, yes and no. It is true that men usually overpower women in a purely physical conflict (no weapons other than what you're born with), even when size disparity is modest or equal.

Now if the women is well-trained in fighting skills and the man isn't, it can be a whole different story in many cases. I did a women's self-defense course this time, ran about four hours. A lot of it focused on awareness, avoidance, escape and evasion, but we also spent a good bit of time on hand to hand stuff. About a dozen grip escapes, a couple basic defenses, and half a dozen of the meanest and most devastating strikes anyone can throw.

I had this college age gal there, I'll call her Rana for purposes of the story... she was medium-sized, about 5'7 and feminine of build, but she was an outdoorswoman and amateur athlete and thus strong and quick and well coordinated; definitely my best student at the class. Well oddly enough that very same night (or maybe it was the next night, I forget) she was accosted by a much bigger fellow who tried to manhandle her.... she not only whooped his ass, she whooped it so bad that he lost his pants trying to escape and fell on his face, according to witnesses. :lamo

One of the things I taught her was how to turn an instinctive slap into a palm-heel strike. I then let her practice it on me with some safety equipment... and she whipped my head around and rang my bell pretty good, even through some padding.

Okay now this doesn't necessarily directly relate to the OP and the slap in question, no... that wasn't a deliberate and trained palm-heel strike, but the slap landed her whole hand on his face including the heel of the palm right at the jawline, so it is POSSIBLE she could have done some real damage there, especially if he has prior injuries. Just sayin'.... the only people that know for SURE are Papis and his doctor.

There are some legitimately nasty women out there. I have absolutely no doubt about that. :lol:

I was simply saying that this particular women doesn't really appear to be one of them, and that, all things being equal, the average guy is pretty much always going to be able to do more damage (and take more damage in return) than the average woman will.

These facts render a single strike jaw dislocation in this particular incident kind of unlikely to say the least (though, admittedly, not impossible).

Trying to make this into any kind of issue of "sexism," or "little man's syndrome," as Kal seems to be so intent on doing at the present moment, is asinine in the extreme.

There are some legitimately nasty women out there. I have absolutely no doubt about that. :lol:

I was simply saying that this particular women doesn't really appear to be one of them, and that, all things being equal, the average guy is pretty much always going to be able to do more damage (and take more damage in return) than the average woman will.

These facts render a single strike jaw dislocation in this particular incident kind of unlikely to say the least (though, admittedly, not impossible).

Well as I said, who knows. It's possible, but only Papis doctor knows the truth. I don't know the woman in question; granted she doesn't look particular formidable, but looks can be deceiving.

I just don't think anyone, regardless of gender, needs to be walking up and hitting someone else... though now that I have more info, I can see this is kind of a case of Papis getting a taste of his own medicine, and he was being provocative before the incident to her BF, so the wisest thing for him to do might be to just drop it, unless he really is injured. :shrug: Who knows.

Trying to make this into any kind of issue of "sexism," or "little man's syndrome," as Kal seems to be so intent on doing at the present moment, is asinine in the extreme.

Eh, I ain't getting into the middle of this between you two. I'll referee if you like. :mrgreen: DPUFC!! :lamo

Last edited:

Exactly. This is why I always laugh at those that think that just because one person is bigger than another that the biggest will always win unless there is some "defect" (ie glass jaw) in the bigger person. That line of thinking seems to be chronic in people that are "big".

Back
Top Bottom