• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nascar driver gets slapped in the face by woman

Trying to make this into any kind of issue of "sexism," or "little man's syndrome," as Kal seems to be so intent on doing at the present moment, is asinine in the extreme.

But your initial comment was sexist. The way it was worded it automatically made fun of the guy for having a "glass jaw" just because a woman dislocated his jaw.

Ummm... Wtf? View attachment 67153012

Papis is either a massive drama queen or someone pretty clearly needs to work on their writing clarity. I could see him possibly dislocating his jaw in the race and the woman in question making it worse, but I definitely don't see it happening from a woman's open palmed slap alone.

Talk about a "glass jaw!"

Indeed with the "WTF?" and the emoticon you seemed genuinely astonished to even hear that a woman could possibly give a man a dislocated jaw. Then tried to explain it away as the guy being a "massive drama queen" or a "writing clarity" problem and even the guy having possibly having "possibly dislocating his jaw in the race" because you can't possibly see a woman dislocating the mans jaw with an open palmed strike without there having been some defect in the man or reporting.

Exactly. This is why I always laugh at those that think that just because one person is bigger than another that the biggest will always win unless there is some "defect" (ie glass jaw) in the bigger person. That line of thinking seems to be chronic in people that are "big".

Well more power is always useful in HTH. However...

Energy (power) = mass x velocity, in physics... so faster also means more energy/power.

There's also the question of body mechanics. If you know how to generate power using the whole body, you hit harder than someone who is just using arm strength. I've known some wiry small guys that could hit like a frigging mule.

After a lot of thought on the matter, I think one of the biggest advantages a big guy has in most fights is the psychological aspect, particularly the intimidation factor. Confidence and aggression are both strong advantages in a physical fight, and typically the big man has those on his side because he figures his size gives him the edge. Contrariwise, the smaller guy, unless he's a well-trained or veteran fighter, is likely to be nervous about the other guy's size and presumed strength and often let it affect his mindset and sap his own confidence and aggression.

Now, when we're talking about trained and/or veteran fighters, especially OUTSIDE the ring where there are no rules, that formula doesn't always hold. A man who knows what he's capable of and has confidence in it will be a dangerous opponent regardless of size differences either way.

Common wisdom has it that "A good BIG man will usually beat a good SMALL man, all else being equal." There's a certain amount of truth in that, but there's also the caveat that "all else being equal" rarely applies in real life. Especially not in the street, where weapons or accomplices can appear without warning.

It's a lot more true in boxing, for instance, where reach and raw hitting power and mass to absorb hits are more important, due to the highly limiting rule-set. Not as much the case in UFC-type bouts, where we've seen middleweight MMA guys take down massive Sumotori and even Brock Lesnar got his clock cleaned. Even less so in the street.

One of my favorite instructors was a guy I'll call Mike. Mike was about 5'8, stocky, almost bald, red complexion, happy disposition, smiled a lot. Mike didn't look tough at all. Mike was VERY tough. He was a metalworker, hard-muscled and strong, with black belts in karate and judo, as well as some boxing and wrestling experience. Had hands like hammers and a grip like a hydraulic press. He could sling half a dozen men around the dojo like rag-dolls while still smiling.

It's sort of like Louis Lamour said in his Westerns: "Every man out here with a gun on his hip, still breathing, is an undefeated champion." The only way to find out for sure what somebody's got is the hard way; judging by looks can be VERY deceiving.

But your initial comment was sexist. The way it was worded it automatically made fun of the guy for having a "glass jaw" just because a woman dislocated his jaw.

Indeed with the "WTF?" and the emoticon you seemed genuinely astonished to even hear that a woman could possibly give a man a dislocated jaw. Then tried to explain it away as the guy being a "massive drama queen" or a "writing clarity" problem and even the guy having possibly having "possibly dislocating his jaw in the race" because you can't possibly see a woman dislocating the mans jaw with an open palmed strike without there having been some defect in the man or reporting.

I'm sorry, but Papis was twice her size, and the hit wasn't all that hard. There is absolutely nothing about the incident that would, at first glance, indicate that an injury anywhere near that severe would result from it.

I hate to break it you, but the simple fact of the matter is that it is a highly unusual for a full grown man to have his jaw dislocated by a slap, let alone one from a completely physically unimposing woman a fraction of his size. It simply doesn't happen under normal circumstances.

If she legitimately did "dislocate his jaw," which I'm not entirely convinced is the case, it would basically be a fluke. Nothing more.

If she just walked up and slapped me for no reason, she'd be lucky if reflex didn't take over and I didn't lay her out.

If I managed to restrain myself, I'd press charges for simple assault. It is NOT okay to simply walk up and strike someone just because you are a woman, sorry.

As a woman, if I hit someone...man or woman...I do so with the knowledge that they will most likely hit me back.

If you don't expect to get hit back, then don't hit someone.

Simple as that.

I hate to break it you, but the simple fact of the matter is that it is a highly unusual for a full grown man to have his jaw dislocated by a slap, let alone one from a completely physically unimposing woman a fraction of his size. It simply doesn't happen under normal circumstances.

If she legitimately did "dislocate his jaw," which I'm not entirely convinced is the case, it would basically be a fluke. Nothing more.

Right, it's a fluke - it's not a matter of the Nascar driver being a bitch or having a "glass jaw". It's simply a matter of getting hit at just the right angle when your jaw is positioned just so. :shrug:

Keep it mind that it's completely different than a fractured jaw - which I would find difficult to believe in this case. Put simply, a fractured jaw requires brute force - a dislocated jaw requires finesse.

I don't think what GT said was sexist. I probably don't think it's as hard to dislocate someone's jaw as he does though.

Ok, so it's easy to say what we would and wouldn't do in certain situations. My first thought when I saw this was; if a woman walked up and slapped my man-she'd get slapped right back. He displayed good self restraint and if he slapped her back he would have had to deal with all the backlash and possible charges. I hope he presses charges against this woman. How many would have slapped her back?

Max Papis Slapped | FOX Sports on MSN

Plain and simple, that's assault. You can't just hit people, regardless of your gender or size. You are supposed to "use your words." :mrgreen:

In a perfect world he should be able to hit her back. However, so he doesn't get in trouble, he should just call her a c*nt instead.

her boy friend must be very ashamed right now
for his girl friend to have to fight his battles

the guys' next race might have some excitement
that's racin'

Men like it when women stand up for them against other women, probably because it's so rare.

A girlfriend like this will get you killed or seriously humiliated though, wait till she gets mad and starts cussing at the guys on Harleys and you're on the spot to protect her or defend her dubious honor. This is the worst sort of girlfriend you can have.

Men like it when women stand up for them against other women, probably because it's so rare.

A girlfriend like this will get you killed though, wait till she gets mad and starts cussing at the guys on Harleys and you're on the spot to protect her or defend her dubious honor. This is the worst sort of girlfriend you can have.

Some women are smart enough to know that their mouths shouldn't write checks their ass can't cash.

:shrug:

Some women are smart enough to know that their mouths shouldn't write checks their ass can't cash.

:shrug:

Fortunately, most of those women are high maintenance - and I'm allergic to women who are high maintenance.

A girlfriend like this will get you killed or seriously humiliated though, wait till she gets mad and starts cussing at the guys on Harleys and you're on the spot to protect her or defend her dubious honor. This is the worst sort of girlfriend you can have.

Yup, Drama Queens that like to start fights are way more trouble than they are worth. Now under normal circumstances I wouldn't let any man lay hands on any woman I was with, GF or not... but if some DQ wanted to needlessly start **** with the Angels, I'd be sorely tempted to be like "Don't look at me, I never seen this bitch before in my life." :)

Fortunately, most of those women are high maintenance - and I'm allergic to women who are high maintenance.

Women who know when to keep their big yaps shut are high maintenance?

That doesn't make any sense....

Yup, Drama Queens that like to start fights are way more trouble than they are worth. Now under normal circumstances I wouldn't let any man lay hands on any woman I was with, GF or not... but if some DQ wanted to needlessly start **** with the Angels, I'd be sorely tempted to be like "Don't look at me, I never seen this bitch before in my life." :)

:lamo

Ok, so it's easy to say what we would and wouldn't do in certain situations. My first thought when I saw this was; if a woman walked up and slapped my man-she'd get slapped right back. He displayed good self restraint and if he slapped her back he would have had to deal with all the backlash and possible charges. I hope he presses charges against this woman. How many would have slapped her back?

Max Papis Slapped | FOX Sports on MSN

I wouldn't have touched her. Nascar will ban her from attending events from this point on. Max did the right thing by keeping his composure and just letting Nascar handle it. It's a different issue when two drivers go at it, whatever the issue was she should have stayed out of it.

As far as the dislocated jaw goes, could have happened with less of an impact than that. I am betting his pride was hurt more than his jaw!

Women who DON'T know when are high maintenance.

I see. Like the loud mouth bar fly that runs her yap saying her old man could kick anyone's ass, and the poor sap is trying to shut her up before he gets his clock cleaned?

I agree.

I myself, will get in someone's grill if I have a problem with them. I certainly don't expect anyone else to fight my battles for me. I also know when I'd be on the losing end. Haha. In those cases, I shut the hell up.

I see. Like the loud mouth bar fly that runs her yap saying her old man could kick anyone's ass, and the poor sap is trying to shut her up before he gets his clock cleaned?

I agree.

I myself, will get in someone's grill if I have a problem with them. I certainly don't expect anyone else to fight my battles for me. I also know when I'd be on the losing end. Haha. In those cases, I shut the hell up.

Yup.

If my girlfriend went into a bar shouting, "my boyfriend could beat all your asses" I'd migrate to the crowd and start asking everyone else who her boyfriend is.

Yup.

If my girlfriend went into a bar shouting, "my boyfriend could beat all your asses" I'd migrate to the crowd and start asking everyone else who her boyfriend is.

:lol:

Damn Dr Pepper....

Back
Top Bottom