• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NASA's InSight Mars Lander: Full Coverage

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.space.com/42488-insight-mars-lander-mission-full-coverage.html
NASA will make history on Mars today with its newest Mars probe, the InSight Mars lander, will touch down on the flat plains of Elysium Planitia to study the Red Planet's core like never before. Armed with a crane, heat probe and seismometer, InSight will look deep to understand Marsquakes and other Martian secrets. See our full coverage of the mission below and visit Space.com to watch it live starting at 2 p.m. EST (1900 GMT)!
In case you missed it, they made the landing safely! GOOD SHOW NASA!

I'm watching live coverage right now. Very exciting!!

Haven't really followed the mission, but I did see this live and was glad to have shared in their excitement and success. :applaud

Haven't really followed the mission, but I did see this live and was glad to have shared in their excitement and success. :applaud

The landing was seriously complex, very happy they got it successfully!

Good to know that when America pulls together they can achieve great things!

Great. I'm glad they could find it and land on it. However, I would guarantee that if we put a piece of rancid meat on Mars, there'd be flies on it within minutes, and maybe some Chinese in a few hours.

The landing was seriously complex, very happy they got it successfully!

Yes, I did read last night about them needing the precise angle/speed and one slight way or another off that exact margin would result in failure.

Yes, I did read last night about them needing the precise angle/speed and one slight way or another off that exact margin would result in failure.

And the parachute, and the rocket landing and the "hope there ain't a rock where we are landing"... Very impressive success for the Nasa team today :)

You'll probably need a microscope and a shovel.

Probably more than a shovel. When we've enough machines on planet, it seems likely we'll find something.

So it looks like we have our first picture of a martian and the little fella forgot to shave

f1bb6bc6-f1bc-11e8-939b-ed86daa3631c.png

In case you missed it, they made the landing safely! GOOD SHOW NASA!
Technically it'll be live footage delayed by the transmission time, I expect.

Back
Top Bottom