• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NASA mission to asteroid today

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-space/2018/12/03/nasa-mission-to-asteroid-today-355687

GREETINGS, BENNU!

A NASA spacecraft today is expected to sidle up to Bennu, a near-Earth asteroid, in the agency’s first mission designed to retrieve a sample of an interstellar space rock for analysis and to help develop new defenses to head off possible asteroid strikes. The journey to Bennu, which is shaped like a top and as large as the Empire State Building, took more than two years.
==========================================
The spacecraft is expected to collect samples of the asteroid & return them to Earth in 2023.

I hope Bruce Willis blows it up before it's too late.

I hope Bruce Willis blows it up before it's too late.

I think it will be Tom Cruise. Spacecraft are designed for short men.

That will be the next thing. Pushing an asteroid off course so it strikes Russia. Once we or anyone starts fooling with these asteroids if someone gets hit the blame game starts.

"The image, which was taken by the PolyCam camera, shows Bennu at 300 pixels..."

https://www.apnews.com/144355e6b43a4202936456caacc80775

Please tell me they didn't really chase an asteroid for two years using our best technology only to take a photograph that is at best three times the resolution of our avatars.

Back
Top Bottom