• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

I'm okay with the administration working to improve the relationships that need improving, yes.

What does Sharia law say about space travel?

My question is a real one, in a philosophical way!

Wiki? lol
Muslim contributions in the areas of math and science are extremely limited at best (translation of Greek texts claimed as their own) besides, Islam has done more to suppress academic achievement than any other force on earth.

Seriously, who would want an 8th century mindset in a 21st century space mission? You?!?

I think its amusing that the only age of what he is so proud of ended over 1000 years ago

We've been over the debunking of this open source propaganda before in previous threads.

No, all you did was just lie in the thread (that was in the Basement btw).

I suggest learning what open source is first. Then go reread the definition of propaganda. Propaganda usually resembles the bull**** rhetoric you spew on these forums.

And, the Muslim world has contributed jack squat **** to the sciences of math and engineering.

What contributions have they made? Seriously, wtf is this bastardization of an admin doing with these goat-****ing retards?

Moderator's Warning:
Comments like these are not acceptable as they violate Rule 18... Hate Messages.

No, all you did was just lie in the thread (that was in the Basement btw).

I suggest learning what open source is first. Then go reread the definition of propaganda. Propaganda usually resembles the bull**** rhetoric you spew on these forums.

Your sources give Islam credit from everything from Algebra to coinage. :roll:

Our relationship with the Jewish people is not particularly strained.

Yeah, and Obama hates conservatives, especially Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Mark Levin. Hmm! Do you see a pattern?

Do you even know what open source is? Everything on Wikipedia is sourced and is usually credible.

No doubt you will come in here and say Google is biased:

Islamic science and the making of ... - Google Books
The rise of early modern science ... - Google Books
Science in medieval Islam: an ... - Google Books

Really? I could join that website and put on anything I like, just change a few words to convey a different meaning. How long do you think it would take for the owners of Wikipedia to discover my little changes? If I can do it, so can everybody else. I once looked up the definition of worker unions and discovered the altered definition of "a bunch of wankers jointed together to make life miserable for management." Yeah, that's real credible alright.

Actually the muslim world have long ago developed the technology of Inter-Galactic Space Travel. They just haven't shared it with us yet! They are the Unidentified Flying Objects we see today.

Actually the muslim world have long ago developed the technology of Inter-Galactic Space Travel. They just haven't shared it with us yet! They are the Unidentified Flying Objects we see today.

Yes, and to further add, Sharia Law is in keeping with NASA in that it states that all infidels should be blown into the cosmos.

Last edited:
Do you even know what open source is? Everything on Wikipedia is sourced and is usually credible.

No doubt you will come in here and say Google is biased:

Islamic science and the making of ... - Google Books
The rise of early modern science ... - Google Books
Science in medieval Islam: an ... - Google Books

Posting links of books is a sure sign you don't have a leg to stand on.

Until you actually have quoted sites that can be scrutinized, don't waste our time.

Not sure why this is such a stretch to understand for some. NASA has international relationships with scientists and engineers in many different countries, and the Middle East has had a long tradition of science. Having stable access to the Muslim world would expand NASA's repertoire of resources.

What does Sharia law say about space travel?

My question is a real one, in a philosophical way!

If you can't understand the value in improving scientific communications with a group of people we're currently at odds with, I don't know what to tell you. Why does the mere mention of "Muslims" or "Islam" seem to send conservatives into this spiral of hatred? Is it remnants of the old Crusades, treating Muslims like some great enemy?

Not sure why this is such a stretch to understand for some. NASA has international relationships with scientists and engineers in many different countries, and the Middle East has had a long tradition of science. Having stable access to the Muslim world would expand NASA's repertoire of resources.

Irrational distrust and hatred of a group of people based on the actions of a few. American conservatives literally seem to think Islam is an enemy.

Last edited:

But why stop there? The Obama admin should also issue the Arabs medals for managing to learn how to fly jet liners. They probably don't know how to land them, but at least they have achieved the skill of taking them over in flight and flying them. Thats something, the Obama admin can all be proud of.

Go Obama! I'll tells ya!

If you can't understand the value in improving scientific communications with a group of people we're currently at odds with, I don't know what to tell you. Why does the mere mention of "Muslims" or "Islam" seem to send conservatives into this spiral of hatred? Is it remnants of the old Crusades, treating Muslims like some great enemy?

Irrational distrust and hatred of a group of people based on the actions of a few. American conservatives literally seem to think Islam is an enemy.

I'll tell ya what...If you can get Obama (just maybe with enough hope and change encouragement)...why, we could inspire all Muslims to emigrate to space!

That would be a big achievement in itself!

I'll tell ya what...If you can get Obama (just maybe with enough hope and change encouragement)...why, we could inspire all Muslims to emigrate to space!

That would be a big achievement in itself!

Am I the only one having trouble understanding what this post means? I think there's words missing.

Am I the only one having trouble understanding what this post means? I think there's words missing.

You seem, the only one. I'll break it down nice n' easy....

Obama is systematically dismantling our national space program and national pride at the same time.

It's a tough task, but he seems up to the challenge. The challenge of hope and change

The pre-Islam Arab world made some leaps and bounds in both arenas, but ever since, the goat-****ers put the desert on full fail retard, they haven't done squat

Wrong again, only people who have never read up on the achivements of Arabic Islamic peoples could possibly come up with such statements as you have uttered.
The entire world has much to thank modern Arab Islamic peoples for such as, Medicines, Mathematics, Logic, Art, Music.
It is quite true for you or any other Islamic hating person to say that in 'your opinion............'
But simply to insinuate outright that since (in your words 'the goat-****ers put the desert on full fail retard, they haven't done squat') is not true.

Wrong again, only people who have never read up on the achivements of Arabic Islamic peoples could possibly come up with such statements as you have uttered.
The entire world has much to thank modern Arab Islamic peoples for such as, Medicines, Mathematics, Logic, Art, Music.
It is quite true for you or any other Islamic hating person to say that in 'your opinion............'
But simply to insinuate outright that since (in your words 'the goat-****ers put the desert on full fail retard, they haven't done squat') is not true.

Please tell me you are joking. The Islamic world simply became the caretaker of the ideas from the West and once the West got back on its feet, the Muslim world in the middle east went back to their primitive way of life.

Go ahead and explain how most are still living as their ancestors did before this so called "golden age" today.

You can then explain how women's rights have stayed hundreds of years in the past while the rest of the world matured around them.

Conservatives literally hate diplomacy.

I mean, what would NASA know about contributions to science and engineering? :roll:
I'm not against improving relations, I am against making "Muslim Outreach" a priority for NASA.

From the linked article in the OP:
"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.

"It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," he said.

However, Bolden denied the suggestion that he was on a diplomatic mission -- in a distinctly non-diplomatic role.

"Not at all. It's not a diplomatic anything," he said.

I heard snippets of this issue on Rush's show yesterday and for the life of me couldn't make the connection as to why he seemingly devoted a good 30 minutes of his show to NASA and the Muslim world's alleged contributions to the sciences (over-aggsagerated or otherwise). Now, I know why. So, the question really is this:

What real contributions in sciences have Muslims truly made and where are Muslim nations currently on major issues in science that NASA could possibly benefit from?

Sidenote: These people (Muslims) aren't stupid. As painful as it is for me to admit it, it took brains to pull off the 9/11 plot. Muslim countries like Iran are utilizing nuclear technology (be it for peace or surupticious reasons). Even India, which is predominately Hindu, has missle and space technology. So, from a diplomatic standpoint, what's the harm in developing a peaceful multi-nation coalition with other peaceful, space-faring nations regardless of their religious preference...since we are a nation that doesn't discriminate on religious grounds?

From the linked article in the OP:

I heard snippets of this issue on Rush's show yesterday and for the life of me couldn't make the connection as to why he seemingly devoted a good 30 minutes of his show to NASA and the Muslim world's alleged contributions to the sciences (over-aggsagerated or otherwise). Now, I know why. So, the question really is this:

What real contributions in sciences have Muslims truly made and where are Muslim nations currently on major issues in science that NASA could possibly benefit from?

Sidenote: These people (Muslims) aren't stupid. As painful as it is for me to admit it, it took brains to pull off the 9/11 plot. Muslim countries like Iran are utilizing nuclear technology (be it for peace or surupticious reasons). Even India, which is predominately Hindu, has missle and space technology. So, from a diplomatic standpoint, what's the harm in developing a peaceful multi-nation coalition with other peaceful, space-faring nations regardless of their religious preference...since we are a nation that doesn't discriminate on religious grounds?

Cambodians--the Khmer Rouge--aren't stupid, either. But, do we really want NASA to improve relations with the Khmer Rouge?

if someone suggested that NASA should improve relations with Christians, the Leftists would sound like a coup fulla chickens, "Churchandstate! Churchandstate! Churchandstate!"

Back
Top Bottom