• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

NARAL Television ad lies about Judge Roberts.

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
How low will the Liberal Left go....Now they are puttong television ads out lying about his record....

http://factcheck.org/article340.html

NARAL Falsely Accuses Supreme Court Nominee Roberts
Attack ad says he supported an abortion-clinic bomber and excused violence. In fact, Roberts called clinic bombers “criminals” who should be prosecuted fully.

August 9, 2005
Modified: August 9, 2005
eMail to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Summary

An abortion-rights group is running an attack ad accusing Supreme Court nominee John Roberts of filing legal papers “supporting . . . a convicted clinic bomber” and of having an ideology that “leads him to excuse violence against other Americans” It shows images of a bombed clinic in Birmingham , Alabama .

The ad is false.

Does anyone find it strange that our Liberal friends are not defending tthe NAREL ad?

Maybe its because it is indefenseable......

I think most people know this is a tiny little group of social rejects that use violence against doctors to prove their point. This is not a problem, and should be taken for what it is, a small group of radicals that do not speak for 99.9% of Americans. To try and tie Roberts to their crimes is beyond ridiculous, and any elementary student can see this for what it is, a desperate attempt to control the Supreme court. The Senate hearings will bring out any, and all evidence that is relevant, with the likes of Schumer asking the questions, I have no doubt about that.

Deegan said:
I think most people know this is a tiny little group of social rejects that use violence against doctors to prove their point. This is not a problem, and should be taken for what it is, a small group of radicals that do not speak for 99.9% of Americans. To try and tie Roberts to their crimes is beyond ridiculous, and any elementary student can see this for what it is, a desperate attempt to control the Supreme court. The Senate hearings will bring out any, and all evidence that is relevant, with the likes of Schumer asking the questions, I have no doubt about that.

Conservatives that I know believe that anyone that incites violence at and abortion clinic should be tried and punished to the full extent of the law......

That is the truth that NARAL is lying about..............

I see NARAL is pulling their lying commercial...........The good guys win one...........:applaud

new coup for you said:
and yet conservatives didnt pull the equally disgusting swift boat ads

the problem is that the swiftboat ads werent outright lies. even Democrats who oppose Robert's nomination were calling BS on NARAL.

As with any lie there is a shred of truth. He did submit amicus briefs in support of those poeple, but that doesn't mean that he supported what they did. In fact, I even remember reading an interview in which he said any violence taken against abortion clinics was categorically wrong. The shred of truth that some are taking here is that he did not have file those amicus briefs in support and could have just shut his mouth.

But this is my theory on Roberts-he is a legal junkie. He does any legal argument he can think of cause it is fun to him and becuase he gets a kick out of seeing if he can make an argument in any situation. This is just a theory...but considering his convictions and the cases he has worked on, it is my best working theory.

And Michael Moore is an annoying, fat schmuck who happens to have left-wing opinions. Your point is what? People lie?

Does anyone know where I can see the commercial online? I've been interested in seeing the actual commercial hearing all of the criticisms of it.

Fox has been showing it once a day to show liberals suck, so it stands to reason that it might be up on their site.

Navy Pride said:
Does anyone find it strange that our Liberal friends are not defending tthe NAREL ad?

Maybe its because it is indefenseable......

Just because they claim to be Liberals, doesn't mean I care much about them. I've never heard of NAREL! I find it strange how a Liberal can understand when something is wrong, yet a conservative will defend their stance even if it makes them look highly stupid and un-intelligent. (No trying to use that as an insult to any one here)

Basically, I don't know anything about NAREL.

I know nothing of NAREL either, but you should really check out NARAL.

new coup for you said:
and yet conservatives didnt pull the equally disgusting swift boat ads

There is no reason to remove the Swiftboat ads as Vietnam Vets know they are the truth............

ShamMol said:
I know nothing of NAREL either, but you should really check out NARAL.

Cute.

If your only reason of posting is to make fun of someone's typo then I pity you.

I saw my mistake, I just thought being one letter off wasn't going to kill or totally upset somebody. Looks like I am wrong.

Not making fun, just having fun, been away from here too long and it looks like everyone has gone all upity on me. Real shame. Actually my reason to keep posting here is to bump this thread so that someone might actually respond to what I said earlier, but alas...ear wax.

And there were so many reasons to remove the swifties ads, but whatever, it is a moot point isn't it? They were proven false later on and now we are talking about this aren't we? So, let's talk about NARAL, I would love to hear a response to my earlier post.

Back
Top Bottom