• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Napolitano Approved as First Female UC President.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
After being appointed the first female president of the University of California, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano admitted she might not have been the obvious choice.

8edb8c8509e0f718370f6a706700fa44.jpg

But Napolitano said her leadership experience as a cabinet secretary and governor of Arizona had prepared her for leading the 10-campus university system with 240,000 students.

"Let me acknowledge that I am not a traditional candidate for this position," the 55-year-old Napolitano told UC's governing board. "I have not spent a career in academia. But that said, I have spent 20 years in public service advocating for it."

University regents voted Thursday to approve her nomination, despite objections to her record on immigration.....snip~

Napolitano approved as first female UC president

I kinda feel sad for my California bruthas and sistas.....then I thought about it for a min. Figuring better you than us. No telling where Obama's People will get nice cushy jobs they have no experience in. After they want out of Politics.

Guess Arizona didn't want her back around there.
shrug.gif

She is one of the least of CAs problems

After being appointed the first female president of the University of California, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano admitted she might not have been the obvious choice.

8edb8c8509e0f718370f6a706700fa44.jpg

But Napolitano said her leadership experience as a cabinet secretary and governor of Arizona had prepared her for leading the 10-campus university system with 240,000 students.

"Let me acknowledge that I am not a traditional candidate for this position," the 55-year-old Napolitano told UC's governing board. "I have not spent a career in academia. But that said, I have spent 20 years in public service advocating for it."

University regents voted Thursday to approve her nomination, despite objections to her record on immigration.....snip~

Napolitano approved as first female UC president

I kinda feel sad for my California bruthas and sistas.....then I thought about it for a min. Figuring better you than us. No telling where Obama's People will get nice cushy jobs they have no experience in. After they want out of Politics.

Guess Arizona didn't want her back around there.
shrug.gif

I'm sure she isn't over paid at all. She will probably earn a hell of a defined benefit pension, life time health insurance, and who knows what.

Just another reason why anyone with any wealth at all would want to run from this failure.

I figure she fits in with those in SF.....still nice Cushy job, huh?

Back
Top Bottom