• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nanny Cam Advice

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I want to get a nanny cam that I can access live through my Smartphone (which I don't have yet, ha!). Is that possible? Expensive? Suggestions?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many inexpensive security camera systems work thru your computer and can go on the internet for monitoring - which then you should be able to access. They aren't expensive systems. Look on ebay. But if you add "nanny cam" to the search for some reason the systems are much more expensive. The other problem is there are about 1,000 to pick from.

Good luck.

Maggie - do you have Verizon? I saw a camera at the Verizon store the other day. I've got a good security system in my house, but don't have the cameras. They wanted quite a bit more for one camera. I don't know how it works, and it might be something to call and ask about, but the camera was like $135. I plan on doing that after the first of the year.

Sure it's possible. I have one. I can control it by my iPhone and have done so even from several foreign countries. Mine even works in very low light.

I didn't see where that could be ordered, Risky. Where'd you buy yours?

Thank you very much to those who have responded.

Bumping it to get continued input. And thanks!!

I want to get a nanny cam that I can access live through my Smartphone (which I don't have yet, ha!). Is that possible? Expensive? Suggestions?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm actualy shopping for a nanny cam because I have a room mate situation.

I trust my room mates but I don't know and can't control who they bring over.

Back
Top Bottom