• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nancy Pelosi telling it like it is.

Lol, what did tRump do? He stood around a shouted a lot, told an almost unbelievable number of lies, gave secrets to the russians, and ground the economy down with his lack of response to the pandemic, not to mention the idiotic tariff bullshit.
And...here you go: "But...but...TRUMP!!!"

Dismissed.

President Biden had a response plan working on day one, reassuring people there was indeed an adult at the helm again. He calmed our allies and got trade moving again. He provided direct aid to keep households and small businesses afloat among other things. The US recovered to pre pandemic level faster than any other nation.
Actually, it was Trump that kept the small businesses going. You know, the CARES and CARES 2 packages. That was BEFORE Biden was installed in the WH.

The US was already recovering from all the business shutdowns before Biden was installed in the WH, too.

Our allies were taking care of themselves. Biden did nothing for them.

And "got trade moving again"??? From day one in the WH, Biden made it MORE expensive to move goods by causing increased fuel and energy prices.

So no...the fact is, Biden did nothing to aid the economy and he did a lot to hinder the economy.

Who is feeding you this bullshit?
Nancy Pelosi had the only bullshit in this thread. Freshman economics would teach any business major to smell it.

Open your eyes.
Done.

Open your mind. They're lying to you and you're eating it up.

BTW, this is another possibly imaginary chart with no source.
It says Yahoo Finance right on the chart. It also says what it is and when it covers.

I know checking facts is foreign to you, but this one is pretty easy.

Last edited:
And...here you go: "But...but...TRUMP!!!"

Dismissed.

Actually, it was Trump that kept the small businesses going. You know, the CARES and CARES 2 packages. That was BEFORE Biden was installed in the WH.

The US was already recovering from all the business shutdowns before Biden was installed in the WH, too.

Our allies were taking care of themselves. Biden did nothing for them.

And "got trade moving again"??? From day one in the WH, Biden made it MORE expensive to move goods by causing increased fuel and energy prices.

So no...the fact is, Biden did nothing to aid the economy and he did a lot to hinder the economy.
So, you blame trump for inflation. Now you're catching on

Nancy Pelosi had the only bullshit in this thread. Freshman economics would teach any business major to smell it.
Those are observable facts. She pointed out things that actually happened. YOu did not. You posted some made up bullshit that has nothing to do with economics or reality, and a chart with no source.

Sorry, but you've got nuthin'.

Shyah - kid gloves are for kids - Nancy's full on Depends.
"Kid gloves" refers to the leather they are made of.

I wish one of you guys would read a book once in a while.

Those are observable facts.
False.

Not one of her points passes the sniff test.

She pointed out things that actually happened.
There was only one fact. Obama passed a big payout law. It didn't help the economy, but she ignores that detail.

YOu did not.
I did not what?

I posted some facts. Clinton did not pull the economy out of a recession. That's a fact. Biden did not pull the economy out of free fall. That's a fact. Biden did inherit an economy growing very quickly. That's a fact.

You posted some made up bullshit that has nothing to do with economics or reality, and a chart with no source.
If you don't like Yahoo Finance, find a different DJIA chart. It was neither made up nor bullshit.

Here is another from the Federal Reserve. I'll admit that they know little about economics but some consider them an expert source. As you can see, the economy was growing vigorously when Biden took office, which continued all through 2021. Thank you Mr Trump.

fredgraph.png

Sorry, but you've got nuthin'.
So you think facts and economics are nuthin'. Duly noted.

Done.

Open your mind. They're lying to you and you're eating it up.

It says Yahoo Finance right on the chart. It also says what it is and when it covers.

I know checking facts is foreign to you, but this one is pretty easy.
It shows the stock market, not the economy. I wonder why you did that.

False.

Not one of her points passes the sniff test.

There was only one fact. Obama passed a big payout law. It didn't help the economy, but she ignores that detail.

I did not what?

I posted some facts. Clinton did not pull the economy out of a recession. That's a fact. Biden did not pull the economy out of free fall. That's a fact. Biden did inherit an economy growing very quickly. That's a fact.

If you don't like Yahoo Finance, find a different DJIA chart. It was neither made up nor bullshit.

Here is another from the Federal Reserve. I'll admit that they know little about economics but some consider them an expert source. As you can see, the economy was growing vigorously when Biden took office, which continued all through 2021. Thank you Mr Trump.

fredgraph.png

So you think facts and economics are nuthin'. Duly noted.
"Vigorously" is an opinion. Also, this chart should be logarithmic. Do you know why?

Is that what 40-year-high inflation is? Rescuing our economy from free fall?
Are we sure about that?
Guess you haven't figured out that 40 years ago, Reagan was in his second year of presidenting. I'm sure you were complaining about that (if you were around then). /s

It shows the stock market, not the economy. I wonder why you did that.
Because it was conveniently labeled with the presidential terms.

"Vigorously" is an opinion. Also, this chart should be logarithmic. Do you know why?
It is subjective. It was faster than at any time between the Reagan administration and the Trump administration. Will that do?

It's because accumulation functions are exponential.

On this scale, it's better to use standard. On a graph covering a significant fraction of a century, you could argue either way. For a really long term, of course, use a log graph.

Because it was conveniently labeled with the presidential terms.

It is subjective. It was faster than at any time between the Reagan administration and the Trump administration. Will that do?

It's because accumulation functions are exponential.

On this scale, it's better to use standard. On a graph covering a significant fraction of a century, you could argue either way. For a really long term, of course, use a log graph.
You did not demonstrate this.

You did not demonstrate this.
Fine. It's easy enough from the FRED data. Even allowing for the curvature, it's obvious graphically.

Incidentally, this also shows that Pelosi was lying when she said that Clinton had to fix a recession. It had been over a year by then.

fredgraph.png

I thought the tweet was weaker than it should be - the case for Democrats being better for the economy is much better than her tweet. All Republicans 'improve' is the share of wealth going to the rich which is why the rich pay for them to con the poor to vote for them.

There is not one single fact there. They are all falsehoods. Equivocations. You're telling a terminological inexactitude.

In other words, lying.

No more kid gloves. Well done, Nancy.

Pelosi is simply a stupid bitch.

Did she forget about COVID-19?

Tell her to go hold another asinine rara parade for Biden, or should I say "Jimmy Carter, II". Biden is worse.

There is not one single fact there. They are all falsehoods. Equivocations. You're telling a terminological inexactitude.

In other words, lying.
Fact: Clinton did not need to recover from a recession because the recession was over a year before the election. There is a graphic posted, from the Federal Reserve, showing that the recession was in 1991 when the election was in 1992.

I can lead you to facts but I cannot make you think.

Pelosi is simply a stupid bitch.

Did she forget about COVID-19?

Tell her to go hold another asinine rara parade for Biden, or should I say "Jimmy Carter, II". Biden is worse.
Covid 19? It's just the flu, remember?

Are you talking about the low gas and oil prices from back in the early part of 2020 when a LOT of the US oil producers were shutting down a LOT of their wells and going bankrupt?
the ones that didn't go out of business back then have been re-opening those well ever since Biden took office.
LOL, it makes me laugh that this simple a thing causes the laughter it does. I'm not even going to explain to you the difference between LOW oil prices, and high oil prices and then the relationship between drilling or not drilling.
Biden didn't have a thing to do with them shutting down there wells
I guess you don't remember TRUMP was president and the Saudi's and Russia were having a oil price war and when the US oil industry was shutting down they put pressure on Trump and he went to the Saudi's and told them to cut their production and RAISE prices or he was going to stop their Military aid.
as I said FACT is the US oil industry has been re-opening their wells since Biden took office
Have a nice day

Back
Top Bottom