• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nancy Pelosi on Republicans

pjohns

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I very recently criticized President Trump for acting in an uncivil manner. And I meant what I said.

But the same works the other way, also.

Just this morning (Saturday, 8/22/20, as I write this), Nancy Pelosi declared that Republicans just "do not care" about "the American people."

It is hard to find anything civil--even marginally so--about this declaration.

I am beginning to wonder: Have we reached a point in our politics in which The Other is now considered The Enemy of the People?

I very recently criticized President Trump for acting in an uncivil manner. And I meant what I said.

Just this morning (Saturday, 8/22/20, as I write this), Nancy Pelosi declared that Republicans just "do not care" about "the American people."

I am beginning to wonder: Have we reached a point in our politics in which The Other is now considered The Enemy of the People?

You're new to politics, aren't you?

Pelosi is referring the obstructionist Republicans in congress...especially the Republicans in the Senate. And you know what? Pelosi is absolutely right, they really do not care about the American people...as evidenced by the hundreds of bills sitting on Mitch McConnell's desk.

You haven't been paying attention the last four years? Look at the hateful lies said about Republicans who voted for President Trump... It just doesn't come from her.

Republicans won't take kindly to her assessment.

Statements like Pelosi's have a way of backfiring … remember Hillary's basket of irredeemable deplorables comment?

Quite stupid to pick on the electorate but that's how out of touch and arrogant our 'career politicians' have become. They forget who put them in office. That's what happens when we continue to elect these entitled ****bags.

Pelosi is referring the obstructionist Republicans in congress...especially the Republicans in the Senate. And you know what? Pelosi is absolutely right, they really do not care about the American people...as evidenced by the hundreds of bills sitting on Mitch McConnell's desk.

Obstructionist?
SHE'S THE OBSTRUCTIONIST.

I find it strange that Pelosi could arrive at that conclusion after Trump decided to ignore a pandemic because he thought it was a blue state problem, or after he retweeted somebody saying "Abandon Democrat cities. Let them rot."

****ing up the postal service to win an election proves her point

Pelosi just called for a special session in the House to pass a bill to help the USPS...then it goes the Senate. How much you wanna bet that McConnell never lets the bill go to the floor for debate or a vote?

USPS: Pelosi to recall the House to 'save' the post office - BBC News

Nothing she does is for the people. She's a lying sack of crap. Everything is calculated and to promote the agenda of the Democratic Party. To take back power.

She's the obstructionist... checks could have been mailed out to people in need if it weren't for her packing up her caravan, heading back to CA. weeks ago.

Nothing she does is for the people. She's a lying sack of crap. Everything is calculated and to promote the agenda of the Democratic Party. To take back power.

She's the obstructionist... checks could have been mailed out to people in need if it weren't for her packing up her caravan, heading back to CA. weeks ago.

Can you give us an example

I am astounded by the malevolent duplicity in that lie. Trump has literally called those he considers The Other "The Enemy of the People." But you're on about Pelosi.

Well, let's see. The Republicans openly back the most corrupt and criminal president ever, one with 25 sexual assaults to his name, one who bragged about walking in on naked minors, one who lied and denied for the opening months of COVID, getting God knows how many people killed who didn't have to die.

The same people who are now openly backing Trump's attack on mail-in voting coupled with his deliberate kneecapping of the postal office so that mail-in ballots have a greater chance of arriving too late to be counted. What would you call them? Probably "patriots", because thatis how ****ed up American politics is.

You, the people who either blame the left exclusively or try to "both sides" it, brought us here.

You, the people who elected Trump, brought us here.

You, the people who spent a decade saying:

1. The first black president is lying about his place of birth.

2. The first black president is lying about his religion.

3. The first black president hates white people.

4. The first black president hates America.

5. The first black president is actively trying to destroy America.

6. The first black president is trying to use AGW to transfer our wealth and "sovereignty" to third world nations, to make the US a third world nation.

Must you be so nasty?

Pelosi is on Capital Hill right now...passing a bill to save the USPS and democracy...

"...The House is poised to vote Saturday on legislation to provide $25 billion to the U.S. Postal Service and explicitly prohibit any operational changes amid widespread Democratic fears that the Trump administration is trying to disenfranchise millions of Americans casting mail ballots this November.

House poised to pass bill to boost U.S. Postal Service amid Trump attacks

Where's Mitch McConnell?

Politicians pointing the finger at the other party saying they are the bad guys isnt anything new. I tend to tune that nonsense out

Civility. Ah, I missed that at first. Here is a partial list of several hundred targets uncivil and juvenile insults Trump has slung:

The “mainstream” media

“Fake News Media”
“Fake & Corrupt Press!”
“has never been as corrupt and deranged as it is today”
“FAKE NEWS”
“the true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!”

[cont. for pages]

Democrats

“pathetic”
“They are a sad JOKE!”
“acting like crazed lunatics”
“have gone “nuts””
“the Radical Left”
“the Radical Left”
“they only want to talk about Obstruction”
“They play very dirty”
“have no idea the problems they are causing for themselves”
“VERY UNFAIR!”
“Radical Left Democrats”
“The Radical Left”
“have gone totally insane!”.
“TREASONOUS”

[continues for pages]

Rest at link:

The 598 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List - The New York Times

You did see what I said there - "targets" - right? The list is not of 700 insults. It's of 700 targets of insults that Trump has thrown countless insults at.

You know what you get when you save that page as a pdf? You get a pdf that is 86 pages long. 86 pages of insults from Trump alone.

That's all one-sided. You can't find Pelosi saying that. Add up all the insulting things every single Dem in congress has said and you don't get a list that long. And that's just the insults, not the 20,000+ lies and misleading staements Trump has made.

He, and the people that put him there, are the problem. But you want to focus on Pelosi, then bemoan how we could possibly have gotten here.

We got here for one very simple reason: Fox and Gingrich started appealing to the very worst of human nature in the mid-late 90s, selling the right a vision of the left as an evil force that seeks to destroy them. We saw the fruit start to ripen right around when the first black man was nominated as the Democratic candidate for president. It's increased exponentially since then.

And whether you want to blame the left or "both sides" it, everyone here knows in their hearts that it's overwhelmingly coming from one contingent: the people who are now Trumpists

Well, I suppose that does qualify as a guess--but not a particularly good one.

I have been following politics for over 50 years now. How long have you been doing so?

In any case, I much prefer serious analysts to rabid partisans. (Some of my favorites include the following: From the center-right: Scott Rasmussen; from the center-left: Larry Sabato; slightly further to the left: Nate Silver; and from the center: Charlie Cook and Stu Rotheberg. Do you read any of these?)

Pelosi long ago pushed all her chips to the middle of the table and she's letting everything ride on HATE.

You haven't been paying attention the last four years? Look at the hateful lies said about Republicans who voted for President Trump... It just doesn't come from her.

This is true.

Statements like Pelosi's have a way of backfiring … remember Hillary's basket of irredeemable deplorables comment?

Yes, I well remember that.

Only those (typically elitists) who already thought the same thing would have found her comments to be on-target.

Quite stupid to pick on the electorate but that's how out of touch and arrogant our 'career politicians' have become. They forget who put them in office. That's what happens when we continue to elect these entitled ****bags.

I am entirely opposed to the concept of career politicians. (Running for political office--any office--ought to be a temporary vacation from one's career, and a personal sacrifice--not an exercise in career advancement.)

I find it strange that Pelosi could arrive at that conclusion after Trump decided to ignore a pandemic because he thought it was a blue state problem, or after he retweeted somebody saying "Abandon Democrat cities. Let them rot."

You have moved the goalposts.

It would appear that Nancy Pelosi's grumbling was not directed exclusively toward President Trump, but toward "Republicans" in general.

So let me ask you a question: Do you consider Republicans, generally, to be Enemies of the People?

****ing up the postal service to win an election proves her point

Would you explain, please, just how President Trump has done this?

Note: You are, in any case, conflating "Republicans" in general with President Trump. So it would really be better if you were to advance the argument that Republicans in general "do not care" about "the American people"--just what Nancy Pelosi said--rather than trying to make this thread about Donald Trump.

I am astounded by the malevolent duplicity in that lie. Trump has literally called those he considers The Other "The Enemy of the People." But you're on about Pelosi.

Well, let's see. The Republicans openly back the most corrupt and criminal president ever, one with 25 sexual assaults to his name, one who bragged about walking in on naked minors, one who lied and denied for the opening months of COVID, getting God knows how many people killed who didn't have to die.

The same people who are now openly backing Trump's attack on mail-in voting coupled with his deliberate kneecapping of the postal office so that mail-in ballots have a greater chance of arriving too late to be counted. What would you call them? Probably "patriots", because thatis how ****ed up American politics is.

You, the people who either blame the left exclusively or try to "both sides" it, brought us here.

You, the people who elected Trump, brought us here.

You, the people who spent a decade saying:

1. The first black president is lying about his place of birth.

2. The first black president is lying about his religion.

3. The first black president hates white people.

4. The first black president hates America.

5. The first black president is actively trying to destroy America.

6. The first black president is trying to use AGW to transfer our wealth and "sovereignty" to third world nations, to make the US a third world nation.

Ordinarily, I do try to respond to a response to my own post.

However, your post is just so...well, so all-over-the-place, that I could not reasonably respond without taking a few hours out of my day in order to do so.

So keep stewing in your (admitted) bitterness.

And take some solace in the fact that Joe Biden will surely carry your home state, of Massachusetts. (It is probably the most deep-blue state from among the 50--although Vermont and Hawaii may give it some serious competition, for that dubious honor.)

This is true.

Yes, I well remember that.

Only those (typically elitists) who already thought the same thing would have found her comments to be on-target.

I am entirely opposed to the concept of career politicians. (Running for political office--any office--ought to be a temporary vacation from one's career, and a personal sacrifice--not an exercise in career advancement.)

T/Y and welcome to the forum, pjohns.
Service to government shouldn't be a life aspiration. Move over, retire, get out of the way, and allow other citizens to give service to their country. This is the way I feel about all political jobs. Term limits would be a great start in seeking meaningful government reforms.

Civility. Ah, I missed that at first. Here is a partial list of several hundred targets uncivil and juvenile insults Trump has slung:

The “mainstream” media

“Fake News Media”
“Fake & Corrupt Press!”
“has never been as corrupt and deranged as it is today”
“FAKE NEWS”
“the true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!”

[cont. for pages]

Democrats

“pathetic”
“They are a sad JOKE!”
“acting like crazed lunatics”
“have gone “nuts””
“the Radical Left”
“the Radical Left”
“they only want to talk about Obstruction”
“They play very dirty”
“have no idea the problems they are causing for themselves”
“VERY UNFAIR!”
“Radical Left Democrats”
“The Radical Left”
“have gone totally insane!”.
“TREASONOUS”

[continues for pages]

Rest at link:

The 598 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List - The New York Times

You did see what I said there - "targets" - right? The list is not of 700 insults. It's of 700 targets of insults that Trump has thrown countless insults at.

You know what you get when you save that page as a pdf? You get a pdf that is 86 pages long. 86 pages of insults from Trump alone.

That's all one-sided. You can't find Pelosi saying that. Add up all the insulting things every single Dem in congress has said and you don't get a list that long. And that's just the insults, not the 20,000+ lies and misleading staements Trump has made.

He, and the people that put him there, are the problem. But you want to focus on Pelosi, then bemoan how we could possibly have gotten here.

We got here for one very simple reason: Fox and Gingrich started appealing to the very worst of human nature in the mid-late 90s, selling the right a vision of the left as an evil force that seeks to destroy them. We saw the fruit start to ripen right around when the first black man was nominated as the Democratic candidate for president. It's increased exponentially since then.

And whether you want to blame the left or "both sides" it, everyone here knows in their hearts that it's overwhelmingly coming from one contingent: the people who are now Trumpists

It is certainly fair to pillory President Trump for his (often insulting) remarks. I really cannot disagree with you there.

But are you, at least, familiar with the tu quoque fallacy?

I that does happen I will bet you dollars to donuts that the DEMONRAT bill to save the USPS will as always be loaded with unrelated PORK!!!!!!!!!!!

Dollars to donuts it's the REPIGLICANS that want unrelated PORK!!!!!!!!!!.

"....The bill faces an uncertain future in the Republican-led Senate. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told the Louisville Courier-Journal Tuesday he was doubtful a bill only addressing the Postal Service could pass the Senate..."

USPS: House passes bill preventing changes and providing $25 billion

Would you explain, please, just how President Trump has done this?

Note: You are, in any case, conflating "Republicans" in general with President Trump. So it would really be better if you were to advance the argument that Republicans in general "do not care" about "the American people"--just what Nancy Pelosi said--rather than trying to make this thread about Donald Trump.

If no republicans are speaking out against what trump is doing, then they are just as bad as he is

You have moved the goalposts.

It would appear that Nancy Pelosi's grumbling was not directed exclusively toward President Trump, but toward "Republicans" in general.

So let me ask you a question: Do you consider Republicans, generally, to be Enemies of the People?

Trump is the avatar of the Republican Party.

Back
Top Bottom