• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nancy Pelosi Is Spending Shutdown at Hawaii Resort

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Democratic House leader Nancy Pelosi is spending the government shutdown at a luxury resort in Hawaii, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.Pelosi, who has put blame squarely on President Donald Trump for the current government shutdown, was spotted Thursday vacationing in Hawaii at the Fairmont Orchid resort, where room accommodations range from $899-a-night for a standard room to $4,899-a-night for the presidential suite.
The resort, on Hawaii's Big Island, features a golf course, six restaurants, and a 10,000-square-foot oceanfront pool. It also features a "Spa Without Walls," where the 110-minute Ali'i Royal Experience is available for $369 and a 50-minute couples massage runs $549, according to the spa menu. While at the spa, guests can snack on a gluten-free grilled prawn summer roll for $19.
Trump canceled his Christmas trip to Florida and remained in the White House, saying on Christmas Eve that he was "waiting for the Democrats to come back and make a deal." The president left the White House on Christmas to travel to Iraq and meet with American troops stationed overseas.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/nancy-pelosi-is-spending-shutdown-at-hawaii-resort/

So much for Democrats caring about this shutdown....If it were so important, they would be in DC working on finding a solution....Not, living it up like the rich and famous.

So much for Democrats caring about this shutdown....If it were so important, they would be in DC working on finding a solution....Not, living it up like the rich and famous.

I heard she farted at the dinner table too. RRRAAAAAAGGGEEEE!!!!!!

You guys scour the internet to find the absolute dumbest **** to bitch about.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Her workplace has been closed for eight days; she’ll open’er up next week. She needs to be rested and ready..........:mrgreen:

She's on vacation -- like many of us. She just has the money to have a lavish one. So what?

Gotta love politics. And if it was Trump on a fancy expensive vacation during the government shutdown, some people here would be having an aneurysm over it.

Spare us the bull****. Republicans own this shutdown completely, until the next Congress starts in early January Republicans still control Congress and are entirely at fault for this.

Why would the Dems care about Trump's shutdown? Trump can end it any time he wants. The longer he holds out the worse he will look when he caves. Now it looks like he is waiting so he can give Nancy her first victory. Sweet.

Funny you haven't noticed that no one is staying around in Washington, Repubs or Dems, to sooth Baby Trump through his holiday temper tantrum. Happy holidays and we'll see ya in January!

I heard she farted at the dinner table too. RRRAAAAAAGGGEEEE!!!!!!

Hi Rob,

All I can say is

Daily "I hate Trump threads" - 1,487,214

Compared to this one thread pointing out that instead of doing the American business, Pelosi is sun and funnin it up in Hawaii...Guess the shutdown isn't that important...

Sorry it upsets you to point that out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What solution? Trump has already said he wants what he wants and anything less is not enough, so why bother sticking around? Better to come back in January so the real smackdown can start.

She's on vacation -- like many of us. She just has the money to have a lavish one. So what?

Gotta love politics. And if it was Trump on a fancy expensive vacation during the government shutdown, some people here would be having an aneurysm over it.

Well he does own the shutdown so.......Besides Trump hates the holidays anyway. It's not about him.

How about start a thread that doesn’t fall on it’s face right out of the gate..............:shrug:

Why would the Dems care about Trump's shutdown? Trump can end it any time he wants. The longer he holds out the worse he will look when he caves. Now it looks like he is waiting so he can give Nancy her first victory. Sweet.
It takes two my friend...Pelosi could end this just as quickly...though I doubt she would when there's fun to be had.

Oh, and her phoney concern for the government workers is laughable when she does this.

How about start a thread that doesn’t fall on it’s face right out of the gate..............:shrug:
If you don't like the topic no one forces you to partake...run along now.

There is a solution. Donald Trump saying he will sign the 7 bipartisan CRs passed by the US Senate on 19 December 2018.

Donald J. Trump on 11 December 2018 said:
“I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you (Democrats) for it.”

What solution? Trump has already said he wants what he wants and anything less is not enough, so why bother sticking around? Better to come back in January so the real smackdown can start.
Trump has already signaled a compromise...

Balls in demos court.

There is a solution. Donald Trump saying he will sign the 7 bipartisan CRs passed by the US Senate on 19 December 2018.
Good for him. I hope he stands his ground.

Spare us the bull****. Republicans own this shutdown completely, until the next Congress starts in early January Republicans still control Congress and are entirely at fault for this.

LOL. Yes. Complaining about the minority leader of the House taking a vacation when the GOP has the White House and both branches of Congress ... and Trump bragged about shutting down the government and said it was going to last a long time.

If Pelosi takes a vacation after she is Speaker again and the government is still shut down get back with us.

Balls in demos court.

Link to the bolded?

If Republicans have enough votes, then they can get their budget passed without Nancy Pelosi there.

If Republicans don't have enough votes, then the GOP needs to get its house in order, don't they.

Balls in demos court.

You are dreaming.

It takes two my friend...Pelosi could end this just as quickly...though I doubt she would when there's fun to be had.

Oh, and her phoney concern for the government workers is laughable when she does this.

Actually it only takes one...Trump. He could end this tomorrow. Democrats have no reason to end a shutdown that Trump started. No reason at all. Nancy will pass a clean bill to fund the govt. when the Dems take control on the 3rd and Trump can sign it or not. That's the most help he will get.

Why does it have to be Republicans or Democrats, Shcummer or Trump. Why is it NOT Congress and the HOUSES fault PERIOD.

Why does one person have to own a collective agreement. ALL the damn politicians are at fault. Once finally get that through our heads we can actually stop trying to just lay blame on both sides and both sides can get up and start negotiating. This is BULL CRAP PERIOD.

Side note, Best buddy of mine IS affected by this Shut down..... hes more happy for the extended vacation rather than the crying uproar about whos fault and or a wall or trump owns it.....btw... so much like the over blown press/media chanting its someones fault.

How about we get our asses back to work to figure a solution not a fault.......scumbags......

I bet she snubbed Iraqi leaders too!

Trump people are on vacation too!! Shocker.

Back
Top Bottom