• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nancy Pelosi Is Spending Shutdown at Hawaii Resort

So much for Democrats caring about this shutdown....If it were so important, they would be in DC working on finding a solution....Not, living it up like the rich and famous.
She should be golfing instead

read my last post If you have any common sense.

Did you really think we would walk over to Mexico and give them an invoice for $25 Billion. If you really thought that, then you are Dumber than Trump.......(Sorry I dont normally call people names.) but the CNN rhetoric as well as the semantics game is getting tiring.

I thought you cared about his policies? He campaigned on those policies. Of course it was a ridiculous claim. But that was his plan to pay for the wall. So you are telling me you voted for him because he was seriously going to build a wall with no plan to pay for it?

Is that a conservative fiscal policy?

Is that how successful business men do business?

I mean, really, the cult followers were screaming "Mexico" when asked who would pay for it. Now we are supposed to believe Schumer is the President of Mexico?

It is disgraceful.

Or, go nuclear in the Senate but that is another debate.

The fact of the matter is if Republicans wanted government open it would be. But they decided a shut down over the wall was the way to go, so they own this outright.

Actually in all fairness LET me correct myself.

YES TRUMP and Republicans OWN this.....

WHY. Because their constitutes expected it.

IN all fairness as I stated, WE shall see..... What happens because somethings GOT to give.

Either the Republican support will continue to build as that is the "Will of the People"

Or the will will give up on the wall and protest trump Currently I do NOT see a huge protest against the shutdown or the wall yet. as I stated it seems 51/49

NOT sure what side has the 51....there will be a point were it will it 70/30 for or against ......BUT again..... What the hell are we doing Why are we NOT negotiating?

Good for him. I hope he stands his ground.

I also hope so. Political suicide. McConnell & Co. have no urge to impale themselves on Trumps sword.

Donald J. Trump on 11 December 2018 said:
“I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you (Democrats) for it.”

It passed the House. Its hung up in the Senate.

Then what the hell does Nancy have to do with it?

Hint: nothing.

*face palm*

So much for Democrats caring about this shutdown....If it were so important, they would be in DC working on finding a solution....Not, living it up like the rich and famous.

The "solution" is to get this criminally insane ass wipe out of the whitehouse. If America was so important to conservatives, they wouldn't have hired him to mismanage it. Clearly, right wing xenophobia is more important than a functioning democracy. Your post demonstrates, yet again. the utter lack of introspection on the right.

Actually in all fairness LET me correct myself.

YES TRUMP and Republicans OWN this.....

WHY. Because their constitutes expected it.

IN all fairness as I stated, WE shall see..... What happens because somethings GOT to give.

Either the Republican support will continue to build as that is the "Will of the People"

Or the will will give up on the wall and protest trump Currently I do NOT see a huge protest against the shutdown or the wall yet. as I stated it seems 51/49

NOT sure what side has the 51....there will be a point were it will it 70/30 for or against ......BUT again..... What the hell are we doing Why are we NOT negotiating?

Like 25% support a shutdown over wall funding

Amelia CAN YOU Tell this again to All THE PEOPLE that keep saying that Republicans have the Majority...... YES we have the Majority for the millionth time.....

We do NOT have the SUPER majority to pass laws without bipartisan support.

WE NEED SUPER majority

2/3 in both house

67 Needed Senators in Congress

290 Reps in the HOUSE

Current - House

235 Democrats

200 Republicans

Current - Congress

53 - Republicans
45 - Dems
2 - Independents

NO SUPER MAJORITY

You only need a majority in the House to pass legislation.

Pelosi is irrelevant.

This thread is stupid.

It's Trump's shutdown. He bragged that he was going to do it. He said he would take credit. Pelosi's vote means zero until January.

She probably doesn't want to run into any Guatemalans or Hondurans so she figured Hawaii was the perfect place.

Spare us the bull****. Republicans own this shutdown completely, until the next Congress starts in early January Republicans still control Congress and are entirely at fault for this.

ANd they're all off as well. Why arent they there in DC 'fighting for Americans?'

Please, the hypocrisy!

No, we always knew that was going to be a nebulous standard that he could declare victory on with unprovable numbers and ultimately the wall funding would still sit on the books paid for by the US taxpayer.

SO What........ We spend SO MUCH money. The wall would be built FOR America, the wall would be funded by America and built by Americans through Jobs?

114 Billion to Iran?

What about all the NATO aid. and all the aid we send to other countries. FOR once WE cannot be selfish with our OWN money and USE it to protect ourselves?

SURE the wall is NOT perfect it wont stop ALL illegal immigration BUT its a start.

1) It is a deterrent
2) It is a barrier, its better than Nothing at all

So I understand its NOT for everyone, BUT if the will of the people speaks and we shall see... how long this shut down goes.. MAYBE Trump will have to if the Greater Will says he has to drop it... But seemingly again I still see a decent support for it..

Why would the Dems care about Trump's shutdown? Trump can end it any time he wants. The longer he holds out the worse he will look when he caves. Now it looks like he is waiting so he can give Nancy her first victory. Sweet.

Yeah, Nancy also said the house does not have the votes to pass a bill for the wall. Shows how ignorant she is.

Now you come along and claim Trump will cave, just like your Pelosi was wrong.

Did you really think we would walk over to Mexico and give them an invoice for $25 Billion. If you really thought that, then you are Dumber than Trump.......(Sorry I dont normally call people names.) but the CNN rhetoric as well as the semantics game is getting tiring.

Apparently most of those that voted for him expected exactly that...and didnt even question it. Until too late.

They seem to have questioned little, actually...just swallowed whole whatever he was shoveling.

1) The wall was asked of $25 Billion NOW its ONLY $5 Billion

Trump still demands the entire $25 billion, only now in smaller tranches.

You'd have to be an idiot to support a $25 billion wall that a $35 ladder can defeat.

Even the #2 ranking GOP Senator agrees that Trumps medieval wall is a flat-out stupid idea.....

GOP Senator John Cornyn of Texas said:
"People can climb over the wall or go under the wall or through the wall. We've seen that in different places," said Sen. John Cornyn, Texas, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate, explaining why a system of technology, infrastructure and personnel is preferable to a physical wall. "If it's just unattended without sensors, without technology, without people, then it won't work."

Yeah, Nancy also said the house does not have the votes to pass a bill for the wall. Shows how ignorant she is.

Now you come along and claim Trump will cave, just like your Pelosi was wrong.

Then the Senate will overrule his veto. I'm actually hoping for that result. It sets the stage for a successful impeachment vote too.

SO What........ We spend SO MUCH money. The wall would be built FOR America, the wall would be funded by America and built by Americans through Jobs?

114 Billion to Iran?

What about all the NATO aid. and all the aid we send to other countries. FOR once WE cannot be selfish with our OWN money and USE it to protect ourselves?

SURE the wall is NOT perfect it wont stop ALL illegal immigration BUT its a start.

1) It is a deterrent
2) It is a barrier, its better than Nothing at all

So I understand its NOT for everyone, BUT if the will of the people speaks and we shall see... how long this shut down goes.. MAYBE Trump will have to if the Greater Will says he has to drop it... But seemingly again I still see a decent support for it..

Do you support building a wall the entire length of the Canadian border?

So what you are saying is that dems really dont care about the furloughed workers at all. This is about a dem victory over Trump and nothing more. Nancy can pass what she likes but it will still take 60 votes in the senate to get it to the president. Thats hardly guaranteed.

Gaining control over Trump, little by little, will be much MUCH better for America overall.

Ohmigosh, someone who has no say at all in whether Republicans can get enough votes to break their promise about taxpayers funding the wall is taking a vacation!

Stay tuned. More news at 11.

Moving the Goal post around??? Really?

1) The wall was asked of $25 Billion NOW its ONLY $5 Billion
2) Prior shut down they OFFERED 1.8 MILLION DACA recipients amnesty.

We have some what of a negotiation on our side... What have the given to TRUMP as a concession?

Get your FACTS Straight as I HATE when people push the BULL CRAP Republicans hold majority. YES they DO BUT THE DO NOT HOLD A SUPER MAJORITY. Congress and the HOUSE NEEDS Super Majority of a SINGLE party to pass bills.

51/49 is majority in the sentate, BUT the SENATE requires 60 votes to PASS a BILL. REPUBLICANS NEVER EVER HAD THIS DURING Trumps time. PERIOD. so dont give me the bull about majority. IT REQUIRES Democrat support

I Dont care about Pelosi going on vacation ANY HUMAN Deserves Vacation. I want a FACTS of negotiation.

$25 Billion for a "WALL" and "Mexico" was going to pay. I understood context

"Wall" Barrier system be it physical or digital. That would secure a normally unsecured area, to detract potential breaches.

Mexico to pay, an simple minded person would know that we are NOT going to walk over to mexico and give them a $25 BILLION invoice. It would have to come through Tariff, Taxes and Trade.... But play the literal terms all you want.

FACT of the Matter is this.

1) like it or NOT a wall was part of what got trump elected
2) We went from $25billion to $5billion
3) @ $25 billion there was Amensty.

What negotiation has the Democrats given? WHAT? Give me something? $1.6 billion BUT its NOT for a wall? WTF is that....

In the spirit of compromise, the dems should to give the wall the same # of votes the repubs gave to Obamcare

She pulls Chucky's strings though.

Chucky is going to wait until Speaker Nancy makes the funding for the Great Wall Of Trump disappear from the House bill and then, just as before, will instruct his demorat Senators to unanimously support that (Pelosi backed) House bill.

The thought of Nancy in a Bikini on the beach is making me nauseous. :doh

I thought you cared about his policies? He campaigned on those policies. Of course it was a ridiculous claim. But that was his plan to pay for the wall. So you are telling me you voted for him because he was seriously going to build a wall with no plan to pay for it?

Is that a conservative fiscal policy?

Is that how successful business men do business?

I mean, really, the cult followers were screaming "Mexico" when asked who would pay for it. Now we are supposed to believe Schumer is the President of Mexico?

It is disgraceful.

Yes I do Care about his policies? YES it was a ridiculous claim on semantics. BUT I understood that we would get it through a couple of means

1) We spend about $1billion PER YEAR on medical cost for illegal immigrants at our ERs
2) NAFTA renegotiation
3) reduced AID and services for illegals if a barrier is erected.

I understood the ROI (return on investment) much likely trump as a business person.

HE had a plan I saw it, IT WAS NOT a $25Billion check, from Mexico... But again you want to play the semantics of it. Thats All good.... I just saw the reason-ability of it.

Conservative fiscal policy? National Security and resources is

1) 70% of Asylum seekers are DENIED Asylum. The Resources that we are pouring into the border to address the increased demand. for all those claiming asylum in which our LAWS allow it though KNOWINGLY most are lying as evident of the data.

2) WHO pays for all this? Added resources, Aid, medical, food, water, toilets logistics?

3) The Troop deployment, Call it fake all you want but that money was spent... Who paid for the Activation/Deployment of these soldiers.

THis is ALL additional Money addressed to the immigration CRISIS. IF we address it we could essential reduce the added cost... by reducing the wasted resources.

again i see the "intent" you may NOT agree with the policy. thats fine. BUT lets debate it rather than just SAY NO. or Mexico is NOT going to pay for it... I KNOW THAT THAT IS painfully obvious In direct context, Much of it will be in indirect means.

Back
Top Bottom