• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nancy Pelosi hatred

Who could consider her smart after she publicly said they had to vote on Obamacare to see what was in it?

Even if she thought that, she was stupid AF to say it publicly.

Most would consider it a dumb thing to say, but most people know that smart people make mistakes too. Besides, it was misrepresented by her critics, as Snopes points out, "the soundbite doesn't reflect the full context and meaning of her remarks."

You aren't voted and stay in leadership positions for so long if you're not smart. Do you think Numnuts will be around in ten years?

Democrats do support Pelosi for Speaker. That's why in January she'll be the Speaker.

That's exactly right. For a while I was thinking we needed a change, hopefully someone younger, but no longer. The next two years could have a big effect on America, I don't think we should have someone learning the ropes in that role. I just don't see anyone who'll be able to get more done than Pelosi...

Pelosi should check her White Privlage at the Capital door and allow a minority to have a chance to serve as Spaeker. She has already had an opportunity to serve. Anyone supporting her is a racist for not allowing a person of colour the opportunity to serve.

Pelosi should check her White Privlage at the Capital door and allow a minority to have a chance to serve as Spaeker. She has already had an opportunity to serve. Anyone supporting her is a racist for not allowing a person of colour the opportunity to serve.

Where were you during the Kav hearings.

The only one remotely capable would be Cummings and he wants to move over from Ranking Member to the Chair on the Oversight Committee. Not just anybody has the experience to be House Speaker. The Dems can't blow this. The only other remotely capable would be Hoyer the House Whip and he has probably been in the role of Whip too long to be really capable of moving up. He has really sort of permanently cast himself in that role as Whip. Plus he is an old white guy. There is one young white guy that might be OK, Eric Swalwell from Ca might have enough experience at least as a House member having been there since 2013. But I don't see any indication that he wants the job. Frankly he would be lost for awhile at least in such a key role. The Dems don't have time to break in a lost Speaker.

The more I have pondered this, the more I think the move is Pelosi to the Speaker's chair, Hoyer to Majority Leader not because he has earned it but because what the heck else are you going to do with him. Then go young for a new Whip.

The Dems would have the advantage of already having the best vote tabulator in the history of the House in Pelosi in the Speaker's chair. She doesn't really need a Whip that can count. She will need a Whip that can move the young members. I don't see Hoyer as that guy.

The more I have pondered this, the more I think the move is Pelosi to the Speaker's chair, Hoyer to Majority Leader not because he has earned it but because what the heck else are you going to do with him. Then go young for a new Whip.

The Dems would have the advantage of already having the best vote tabulator in the history of the House in Pelosi in the Speaker's chair. She doesn't really need a Whip that can count. She will need a Whip that can move the young members. I don't see Hoyer as that guy.
to me, this illustrates what remains so awful about the democratic party
it is not merit driven
assignments go according to longevity, time-in-grade, dues paid
that's how we would up with hillary, who had thin support
instead of Bernie, who was filling stadiums with enthusiastic followers

so, if pelosi wins speaker of the house because she has the most credentials to offer, wonderful
but if it is because she is a woman or because this will be her last opportunity to hold that office, hell no

and while i am on my rant, why is there no competition for that ineffective schmuck schumer as senate minority leader

to me, this illustrates what remains so awful about the democratic party
it is not merit driven
assignments go according to longevity, time-in-grade, dues paid
that's how we would up with hillary, who had thin support
instead of Bernie, who was filling stadiums with enthusiastic followers

so, if pelosi wins speaker of the house because she has the most credentials to offer, wonderful
but if it is because she is a woman or because this will be her last opportunity to hold that office, hell no

and while i am on my rant, why is there no competition for that ineffective schmuck schumer as senate minority leader

Neither party really has any bench strength. Ryan got to the Speaker's chair because the GOP, desperate to find somebody, begged him to take the job. He was awful in the job.

Chuck Schumer is gutter trash. I fail to see why the heck the party keeps him as the Minority Leader. I have never seen such a sniveling doormat in the position of Minority Leader to the Majority Leader in the Senate. Schumer is simply disgusting. Making backroom deals to smooth the path for some of these Judges does not really make me drool to keep Schumer in his position as Minority Leader. His oratory is ridiculously bad and he does not appear to be an effective Legislator. His standard MO is to roll onto his belly and take it up the rear end bringing along the rest of the country for the same ride.

Hillary got to the nomination for two reasons:
- The absolute ridiculous cause of electing the first woman President atop having elected the first African-American President. That drove the entire Dem process and is the reason they drove the car right into the ditch from jump street
- Clinton money to the DNC

Moving Hoyer to Majority Leader would not be a feather in Hoyer's cap. It would be an acknowledgement that there is nothing they can do with him. Yet they really cannot embarrass him by slam dunking him to the bottom of the heap. Think of the most useless VP you can think of and that will be Hoyer in the position of Majority Leader under Pelosi.

I anxiously await whether the Dem Caucus comes to the right conclusion and chooses a new Whip instead of leaving Hoyer in that position. Hoyer IMO simply cannot be the Dem Whip in the next congress. The real mistake would be leaving Hoyer as Dem Whip.

The wide dislike of this woman by Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike is proof of how many years of coordinated right-wing smears by Fox News and hate radio don't just affect their dittohead audience.

Same thing happened to Hillary Clinton. Why does this country despite smart and powerful women so much?

That kind of argument suggests that you do not have an intelligent argument to defend Nancy or Hillary. Suggesting that it's about hatred of smart and powerful women is nonsense. It's not about how smart or powerful they may or may not be. It's primarily about ideology. The average conservative or for that matter independent does not want to go in that political direction. If you insist on making it about intelligence, both of those women do have glaring faults. Let's take Nancy first. She is way past her use by date and is suffering from early signs of dementia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq4t-JcYWzc

And her "We have to pass the ACA to see what's in it" is classic. Now on to Hillary. In her case it's more about cunning then smart. She married Bill for no other reason then she worked out that he was going places politically and she decided to tag along. Her goal was to eventually become president, no matter what it took to get there. She won the New York Senate seat on his coattails and ultimately ran for president on his coattails. Her first goal was 2004. That did not work out because of 9/11/01. Next shot 2008. By that time she had mental health issues with that "whopper" she told about her and daughter Chelsea dodging sniper fire in Bosnia. by the time of the 2016 race hr physical health was in great decline. Even if we toss all of that out, if she were smart, she would not have made have campaigned in a more intelligent way. Her meet and greets were primarily staged and in at least one case involved a young actress. She tried to hide poor health issues, she made horrible gaffes such as: "And yes, we will put alot of coal miners out of business." and "Half of Trump's supporters are deplorables." She failed to both campaigning in three of those blue firewall states and ended up losing them to Trump. Basically she just cannot connect to rank and file Americans as her husband did. Her problem is not Fox News or talk radio. She simply has had a goal her entire adult life that she has not been able to reach because she lacks the people skills as well as the mental and physical health required. Though I don't doubt she plans to make one more attempt at it in 2020 if the democrat party is foolish enough to fall in with her again.

The wide dislike of this woman by Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike is proof of how many years of coordinated right-wing smears by Fox News and hate radio don't just affect their dittohead audience.

Same thing happened to Hillary Clinton. Why does this country despite smart and powerful women so much?

I LOVE Nancy Pelosi. She’s a kook, but not half as kooky as the party is lurching. A SF Leftist who makes Bush43 come across as an elequent wordsmith.

PS. Pelosi isn’t smart. Hillary is a walking advertisement for deceit. She’s been consistent over the decades... starting with Watergate, and continuing on since then. She’s well earned her nickname... Criminal Hillary.

Because Pelosi's an idiot, a leftwing radical and a liar.

Poor widdle boy, is the world picking on your heroes again? :cry:

Back
Top Bottom