• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nancy Pelosi hatred

I think Nancy Pelosi is just simply hands-down the most logical choice to remain as Speaker. She's experienced and she knows how to move mountains. Nancy Pelosi was the major player in getting the Affordable Care Act passed, which gave millions of previously uninsured Americans health care. But the most valuable trait of Nancy Pelosi is that she's pragmatic without losing patience. She brings facts, logic and sensibility to any debate. Facts are difficult to reject when you're an opposer to her argument. Once she ceases to be effective then it's time for her to step aside. For right now, she's still a fighter and she does it through civil discord. She has spent her 30 year career in the House fighting for middle-class families, and her fierce commitment to American values is as strong as ever.

The rebellion against her by a younger Democrat is only a rage against the 'status quo', but replacing Nancy Pelosi with anyone even remotely effective as she has been seems to be out of the range of possibilities.

Indeed, no Dem leader has been more effective than Pelosi in moving Dem priorities in decades. She's going to run circles around the doofus selected to lead the GOP caucus, as she always does.

I think Nancy Pelosi is just simply hands-down the most logical choice to remain as Speaker. She's experienced and she knows how to move mountains. Nancy Pelosi was the major player in getting the Affordable Care Act passed, which gave millions of previously uninsured Americans health care. But the most valuable trait of Nancy Pelosi is that she's pragmatic without losing patience. She brings facts, logic and sensibility to any debate. Facts are difficult to reject when you're an opposer to her argument. Once she ceases to be effective then it's time for her to step aside. For right now, she's still a fighter and she does it through civil discord. She has spent her 30 year career in the House fighting for middle-class families, and her fierce commitment to American values is as strong as ever.

The rebellion against her by a younger Democrat is only a rage against the 'status quo', but replacing Nancy Pelosi with anyone even remotely effective as she has been seems to be out of the range of possibilities.

nope
nancy's time has passed
she's a relic from 1980s era politics
a republican dressed in blue
one of the old guard responsible for running the likes of hillary, kerry, gore, and dukakis

nope
nancy's time has passed
she's a relic from 1980s era politics
a republican dressed in blue
one of the old guard responsible for running the likes of hillary, kerry, gore, and dukakis

She was first elected to Congress in 1987, so there may be some debate about whether she belongs in the 1980s era of political leadership

The wide dislike of this woman by Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike is proof of how many years of coordinated right-wing smears by Fox News and hate radio don't just affect their dittohead audience.

Same thing happened to Hillary Clinton. Why does this country despite smart and powerful women so much?

They hated Michelle Obama too. She and her daughters were on the receiving end of the most vile, disgusting and racist remarks in history. Especially from the far right 'evangelicals' who couldn't deal with intelligent black women.

So you are saying that progressive democrats dislike Pelosi because of what right wingers think of her. Really???

Think about what you are saying. Progressives hate Pelosi because they fall for right wing attacks.

Just how stupid do you think democrats and independent are if they don't agree with you?

NO.Not that they have fallen for the right wing tactics - but they do recognize the damage done by them and so shun the targets seeing them as irreparably damaged and weakened. .

They are disliked because they are corrupt. They are criminals who became extremely wealthy being a public servant. Frauds.

I agree. the trumps are disliked because they are corrupt. Hopefully Mueller and the democrats will throw the lot of them in jail soon.

No politician has said more stupid things than Pelosi.

I agree. When Pelosi keeps talking about working WITH the disgusting republicans - I consider that VERY STUPID.

Donald Trump is the president of the government and republicans have the majority in every branch.

The republicans won't have a majority in the House come January 2019. And that is when the corrupt republicans will be squirting in their Depends underwear.

I agree. When Pelosi keeps talking about working WITH the disgusting republicans - I consider that VERY STUPID.

The New Chinese Empire which is coming for us thanks you.

Did you imagine that there are no consequences to our not working together to get the work done?

Now THAT is stupid.....

Last edited:
The wide dislike of this woman by Republicans, Democrats, and Independents alike is proof of how many years of coordinated right-wing smears by Fox News and hate radio don't just affect their dittohead audience.

Same thing happened to Hillary Clinton. Why does this country despite smart and powerful women so much?

This post may have reached a nadir in here. Let me get this straight. Democrats don't support Pelosi for speaker because they've been brainwashed by Fox and talk radio? This may be the dumbest thing I've read in ages.

I like smart and powerful women. They make me the best sammiches.

You think the hatred is from the reporting on what she has done and not what she has actually done?

You just referred to Pelosi as smart. You must be drunk or something.

This is the reason I don't care for Pelosi. I don't find her conclusions logical, reasonable, or in the best interests of our country. Her views on gun control violate the constitution.

Clinton stiffed me so that twat can rot for all I care.

Who could consider her smart after she publicly said they had to vote on Obamacare to see what was in it?

Even if she thought that, she was stupid AF to say it publicly.

They hated Michelle Obama too. She and her daughters were on the receiving end of the most vile, disgusting and racist remarks in history. Especially from the far right 'evangelicals' who couldn't deal with intelligent black women.

I will give Michelle one thing, she was smart enough to keep her mouth shut during almost her husband's whole Presidency, even if it was against her character to do so.

This post may have reached a nadir in here. Let me get this straight. Democrats don't support Pelosi for speaker because they've been brainwashed by Fox and talk radio? This may be the dumbest thing I've read in ages.

You have to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he thinks Democrats are the stupidest people on the planet that aren't capable of thinking for themselves. That is possible.

read some more posts by him and you might change your mind but on this thread, you are right.

I will give Michelle one thing, she was smart enough to keep her mouth shut during almost her husband's whole Presidency, even if it was against her character to do so.

Still Michelle Obama isn't some foreign born trophy wife...So there is that

I agree. the trumps are disliked because they are corrupt. Hopefully Mueller and the democrats will throw the lot of them in jail soon.

How are they corrupt? What has the Trump family done that you FEEL is corruption?

You forgot to say that they are white women.

Democrats do support Pelosi for Speaker. That's why in January she'll be the Speaker.

Back
Top Bottom