• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Name the administration.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Cohen is a lying liar who doesn't tell the truth so how can anyone believe him? This is the argument about trump's longtime lawyer along with he was only a coffee boy argument and he did things on his own without trump knowing. Ok, let's go under that premise.

Trump is a liar. Cohen is a liar. Flynn is a liar, papadopolous is a liar, Gates is a liar. Trump jr. is a liar. Manafort is a liar and Kushner is a liar. Somehow or other only cohen is not telling the truth out of that bunch of liars.

Should we just call this administration the liars club? We all know how trump likes to put names on everything, does that name fit this administration?

Mueller has corroborating evidences in regards to Cohen's testimony.

Cohen saved written communications with Trump and recorded telephone conversations.

The FBI raided Cohen's home/office and confiscated these items.

If we got all of the liars out of DC then the place would be nearly deserted.

Called it the Pro-Kremlin Administration. May as well call Trump's party (the former GOP), the Pro-Kremlin Party.

True, but there is a liar that lies sometimes and then there is a liar like Trump who lies more than the last 3 presidents combined and almost on a daily basis.

True, but there is a liar that lies sometimes and then there is a liar like Trump who lies more than the last 3 presidents combined and almost on a daily basis.

Yep, Trump is an extremist in that area for sure.

Is that your way of saying you support the current administration? You didn't answer the question, you instead tried to deflect the truth by saying dems lie too.

1) Is that your way of saying you support the current administration? 2) You didn't answer the question, you instead tried to deflect the truth by saying dems lie too.

1) Nope, noting that many others also do wrong is not excusing wrongdoing.

2) I answered the question and then some. See post #6 for clarification.

1) Nope, noting that many others also do wrong is not excusing wrongdoing.

2) I answered the question and then some. See post #6 for clarification.

Ok then, let me just ask you this straight up, do you support trump and his administration?

Ok then, let me just ask you this straight up, do you support trump and his administration?

On what issue? I do not support his lying on any issue - which appears to be the thread topic.

On what issue? I do not support his lying on any issue - which appears to be the thread topic.

It might be easier if you pick an issue he hasn't lied about. Overall do you support trump and his administration?

It might be easier if you pick an issue he hasn't lied about. Overall do you support trump and his administration?

Overall is a bit broad, but generally no - I don't support Trump's approach to leadership. I support having a significantly smaller yet effective federal government staying within it's specifically granted (enumerated?) Constitutional powers. I do not support the idea of "starving the beast" by reducing federal revenue in order to try to force that to happen. Trump ran on a policy of reducing federal revenue and increasing federal spending - that removed any chance that I would vote for him.

Overall is a bit broad, but generally no - I don't support Trump's approach to leadership. I support having a significantly smaller yet effective federal government staying within it's specifically granted (enumerated?) Constitutional powers. I do not support the idea of "starving the beast" by reducing federal revenue in order to try to force that to happen. Trump ran on a policy of reducing federal revenue and increasing federal spending - that removed any chance that I would vote for him.

But that's the thing, reducing federal revenue and increasing spending, sounds like debt building to me. And if that's the case why does anyone vote republican, it is after all the same platform election after election. They are outright telling their base they are going to run up the debt if elected. Again, this is why I despise the GOP, run up the debt when in power, whine about the debt when in the minority. But not only do republicans whine about it they try to block any social program because we just don't have the money.

Cohen is a lying liar who doesn't tell the truth so how can anyone believe him? This is the argument about trump's longtime lawyer along with he was only a coffee boy argument and he did things on his own without trump knowing. Ok, let's go under that premise.

Trump is a liar. Cohen is a liar. Flynn is a liar, papadopolous is a liar, Gates is a liar. Trump jr. is a liar. Manafort is a liar and Kushner is a liar. Somehow or other only cohen is not telling the truth out of that bunch of liars.

Should we just call this administration the liars club? We all know how trump likes to put names on everything, does that name fit this administration?

You have to take everything with a grain of salt and verify everything. You have scores of people protecting their agendas and they have no problem stretching the truth or outright lying to make sure they succeed.

But that's the thing, reducing federal revenue and increasing spending, sounds like debt building to me. And if that's the case why does anyone vote republican, it is after all the same platform election after election. They are outright telling their base they are going to run up the debt if elected. Again, this is why I despise the GOP, run up the debt when in power, whine about the debt when in the minority. But not only do republicans whine about it they try to block any social program because we just don't have the money.

Part of that (bolded above), not expanding the federal government power and expense, is OK by me yet, as you noted, reducing federal revenue without a corresponding reduction in federal spending is a foolish policy.

Called it the Pro-Kremlin Administration. May as well call Trump's party (the former GOP), the Pro-Kremlin Party.

What?!?! You mean all of the party's don't send huge delegations to Moscow over the Fourth of July? :lamo

Back
Top Bottom