• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Name A Song/Artist You Like But Doubt Anyone Else Knows About

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"Never Ending Show" by Ryan Bingham is a great rock song but few if any have heard it or him. Give it a listen--turn it up!!

Danny Gatton, performing Funky Mama on Austin City Limits

Kristen Kelly, a great vocalist, performing He Loves To Make Me Cry

Jimmy Thackery, now with playing with The Drivers (originally played with The Nighthawks)

I don't know about "nobody's ever heard of" but Bob Schneider isn't exactly a household name.

Anything Social Distortion.
Omar and the Howlers, song is "Hard Times in the Land of Plenty".
Tuff, redo of Kid Rocks "Cowboy".

I can't think of any "unknowns" that I actually like. Usually they are "unknown" for a very good reason! :mrgreen:

Eric Johnson, performing Cliffs of Dover on Austin City Limits

The Nighthawks, as mentioned in my first post

The Nighthawks a bit more recently: The Nighthawks - Same thing - YouTube

Kimberly Kelly (Kristen Kelly's sister) will hopefuly make it someday too

I can't think of any "unknowns" that I actually like. Usually they are "unknown" for a very good reason! :mrgreen:

Not all musical talent gets nationwide exposure, and not all folks ever get to Texas. ;)

Gary P. Nunn

Charlie Robison

Brian Burns

I've mentioned this group in a few other threads, so at least some people know who they are...but I would say "Fanny". They were considered the first all-female rock band in the early 70's.

David Bowie said (Rolling Stone, 29 December 1999):
"One of the most important female bands in American rock has been buried without a trace. And that is Fanny. They were one of the finest... rock bands of their time, in about 1973. They were extraordinary... they're as important as anybody else who's ever been, ever; it just wasn't their time."

Heya OD :2wave: .....Immortal Technique is known as the Top Free Stylist in Rap. I think we even have him up in the Hip Hop Music thread. Just sayin. ;)

But I do have one for ya. The Arrival.....Accomplice!
yo2.gif

Heya OD :2wave: .....Immortal Technique is known as the Top Free Stylist in Rap. I think we even have him up in the Hip Hop Music thread. Just sayin. ;)

But I do have one for ya. The Arrival.....Accomplice!
yo2.gif

Since the object was to post something that people HERE probably never heard of, I thought this would be sure to fit the bill. Especially given the string of country artists I followed. just sayin'

don't know about "unknowns" but I can think of a couple off the top of my head that lots of people claim to not like or would call you "gay" if you admitted liking them. (but they secretly sing along every time they hear them)

1. mmm bop, Hanson

2. I want it that way - Backstreet Boys

;)

Since the object was to post something that people HERE probably never heard of, I thought this would be sure to fit the bill. Especially given the string of country artists I followed. just sayin'

Well, you would be Right about there is a lot of Rap and Hip Hop they haven't heard. Course myself.....I haven't heard a lot of Country unless it was a known somebody.

Well, you would be Right about there is a lot of Rap and Hip Hop they haven't heard. Course myself.....I haven't heard a lot of Country unless it was a known somebody.

Agreed. Just play'in the game.

Not all musical talent gets nationwide exposure, and not all folks ever get to Texas. ;)

Gary P. Nunn

Charlie Robison

Brian Burns

Nice, but country music is actually my least favorite genre. I really dislike it immensely. :lol: Sorry, no offense meant to you country music lovers, I just don't like it.

don't know about "unknowns" but I can think of a couple off the top of my head that lots of people claim to not like or would call you "gay" if you admitted liking them. (but they secretly sing along every time they hear them)

1. mmm bop, Hanson

2. I want it that way - Backstreet Boys

;)

Speak for yourself Oscar! Those songs blow! :lamo

I don't know. I know lots of bands I used to follow when they were underground, only to watch them go mainstream.

I listened to Barenaked Ladies for a while, then they got famous. Mighty Mighty Bosstones were one of my favorites...then The Impression That I Get came out and they went all MTV. I listened to groups that were up and comers at a biker bar that's known for booking "the next big thing" around where I grew up - called The Machine Shop.

At Machine Shop, I paid 12 bucks and got to see Saliva. Static X was their opener. Paid 10 bucks and saw Thousand Foot Krutch. I think Five Finger Death Punch was either 8 or 10 bucks. At the point I watched them all, I'm willing to bet that nobody here had heard of them (assuming they have now).

Tangled Blue. christian rock duo. I saw them at a church event when they were still selling CDs out of the trunk of their car.

Here's Orianthi, a lot of people probably have never heard of her. She's totally awesome though and absolutely adorable too! :mrgreen: Love her to pieces! I've posted this video on the music thread before too.

Voodoo Child ~ Orianthi

Zimbabwe by Bob Marley. In the post colonial era Rhodesia was one of the African countries granted independence and renamed Zimbabwe. Bob Marley recorded this song in honor of their new status but as it turned out, Zimbabwe became one of Africa's horror stories, which makes this song somewhat funny. Sorry for my warped sense of humor.

Emelie Claire Barlow

Gotan Project

Here's Orianthi, a lot of people probably have never heard of her. She's totally awesome though and absolutely adorable too! :mrgreen: Love her to pieces! I've posted this video on the music thread before too.

Voodoo Child ~ Orianthi

That was AWESOME!!! Here's another talented young woman that few have probably never heard of......Tal Wilkenfeld....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom