• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Name A Song/Artist You Like But Doubt Anyone Else Knows About

Played this guy often back in the 70's during my Memphis college DJ days.

Sorry to say he passed away earlier this year.

That was AWESOME!!! Here's another talented young woman that few have probably never heard of......Tal Wilkenfield....

Very talented. I really like her. I love that sensual jazzy type music anyway. :)

In the 1980s when I was a kid in school (in de islands dem), a mentally ill intruder breached Buckingham Palace and made his way without resistance to Queen Elizabeth's bedroom. Trinidadian pop singer, The Mighty Sparrow recorded this comedy song in response.

In researching the incident recently, it seems it might have been more traumatic to the Queen than initially reported. Reportedly she has not resided at Buckingham Palace since and chooses instead to live at Windsor Palace. I can understand if anything horrible occurred why it would be in the Royal's best interests to put on a game face and move on. Reportedly the guy was alone with her for between 30 and 45 minutes essentially as a hostage in her bedroom before anyone noticed there had been a serious breach of security involving the queen. I truly hope nothing too horrible happened but it is part of British history.

More Orianthi. :mrgreen:

That was AWESOME!!! Here's another talented young woman that few have probably never heard of......Tal Wilkenfeld....

Here is another Moot. Ana Popovic although she is becoming known now.

She is an excellent Blues Guitarist and Songwriter.

Last edited:
I saw these guys a couple time out in Indiana before they made their first album. Ollabelle. Lead singer is Amy Helm. Don't know what happened to them. Must have broken up the band.

A few years ago I stumbled across South Asian music. This is probably the biggest hit of their several musical genres. I think this guy is a first generation Dane of Pakistani immigrant parents. 32 million YouTube views.

Last edited:
One of my favorites. Cindy Morgan and Listen. One of those songs tat makes me think after I've heard it.

Danny Gatton, performing Funky Mama on Austin City Limits

Jimmy Thackery, now with playing with The Drivers (originally played with The Nighthawks)

Know of, and love, both of them

Clutchy Hopkins - The Life of Clutchy Hopkins

OTT - Rogue Bagel

Here's Orianthi, a lot of people probably have never heard of her. She's totally awesome though and absolutely adorable too! :mrgreen: Love her to pieces! I've posted this video on the music thread before too.

Voodoo Child ~ Orianthi

She's actually semi-well known. She was on American Idol.

I think I may have posted this in another thread a while back, but talk about a find. I love WG "Snuffy" Walden, and was looking around Youtube for some of his music, and just happened across this. I felt like I'd put on my coat for the first time in the winter, stuck my hands in my pocket, and pulled out a $50.

Her name is Sara Niemietz.

Jimmy Thackery, now with playing with The Drivers (originally played with The Nighthawks)

I actually have a couple songs by Jimmy Thackery on my IPod and have never seen him until seeing the link you provided. He looks 180 degrees out from what I somehow imagined, lol. But I love his music.

Not a complete unknown but pretty much kept in the C&W avenue is Junior Brown.

A country boy with some bluez..............................

I already posted Dory Previn and I must tell you that this singer actually impacted my life. I've invested years in accumulating the very best of her work including the 5 song sequence of "Taps, Tremors and Timesteps. I really hope that at least a few of the more open-minded here will try her out.

DORY PREVIN PRESENTED BY SPECKLEBANG is the link to my collection that you can listen to or download. I swear to you there is nothing here but MP3 music.

C'mon. Take a chance. Has Specklebang ever misled you? Of course. But don't be discouraged. Try it anyway. You can thank me later.

They are in numbered order. 02-06 is the Taps, Tremors and Timesteps sequence.

She's actually semi-well known. She was on American Idol.

Well I don't watch American Idol, like lots of people, so I am not familiar with her.

Here's Orianthi, a lot of people probably have never heard of her. She's totally awesome though and absolutely adorable too! :mrgreen: Love her to pieces! I've posted this video on the music thread before too.

Voodoo Child ~ Orianthi

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Saw The Bart Walker Band in Nashville and he's simply awesome. Some of the best Blues you'll ever hear.

This song is great. Funny lyrics delivered in a bluesy way. If he's playing near you, you have to see him:

Back
Top Bottom