• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nadler: Whitaker will be ‘our very first witness’

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/11/house-judiciary-whitaker-mueller-congress-982956

Rep. Jerry Nadler, the incoming chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, on Sunday promised that acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker would be the first witness newly empowered Democrats call to testify when they take control in January.

"Our very first witness on — after Jan. 3, we will subpoena Mr. — or we will summon, if necessary, subpoena Mr. Whitaker," Nadler (D-N.Y.) told CNN host Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

Until Tuesday's elections, Democrats lacked the heft of subpoena power when it came to investigating allegations about President Donald Trump and his administration. Trump has said that even if the party can subpoena for documents or for his Cabinet members to testify, they should be aware that two can play at that game — and that Democrats will have to choose between policy deals and investigations.
===================================================
The Blue Wave can't wait to take Whitaker apart. Six weeks to go. I hope Mueller makes it because without Whitaker he can't do anything substantial, like subpoenas or indictments without his approval, which seems unlikely. But the Dems can always reinstate Mueller.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/11/house-judiciary-whitaker-mueller-congress-982956

Rep. Jerry Nadler, the incoming chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, on Sunday promised that acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker would be the first witness newly empowered Democrats call to testify when they take control in January.

"Our very first witness on — after Jan. 3, we will subpoena Mr. — or we will summon, if necessary, subpoena Mr. Whitaker," Nadler (D-N.Y.) told CNN host Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

Until Tuesday's elections, Democrats lacked the heft of subpoena power when it came to investigating allegations about President Donald Trump and his administration. Trump has said that even if the party can subpoena for documents or for his Cabinet members to testify, they should be aware that two can play at that game — and that Democrats will have to choose between policy deals and investigations.
The Blue Wave can't wait to take Whitaker apart. Six weeks to go. I hope Mueller makes it because without Whitaker he can't do anything substantial, like subpoenas or indictments without his approval, which seems unlikely. But the Dems can always reinstate Mueller.

I have the feeling that Whitaker will not be in his position long enough for him to be questioned by the Dems. If anything, I would guess he will either do nothing until a full time AG is confirmed or will fire Mueller and then run for the hills.

I have the feeling that Whitaker will not be in his position long enough for him to be questioned by the Dems. If anything, I would guess he will either do nothing until a full time AG is confirmed or will fire Mueller and then run for the hills.

It will be fun to watch Nadler et al take him apart in January.

It will be fun to watch Nadler et al take him apart in January.

What did he do to deserve such treatment? I mean, other than have the temerity to serve under Trump.

Exactly WHAT are they going to "take Whitaker apart" about? You guys are creaming your jeans about nothing.

Exactly WHAT are they going to "take Whitaker apart" about? You guys are creaming your jeans about nothing.

It's scary if you really let it sink in. These are people are are willing to literally destroy lives to get their way. Kavanaugh was a very depressing eye opener.

It's scary if you really let it sink in. These are people are are willing to literally destroy lives to get their way. Kavanaugh was a very depressing eye opener.
Fortunately, gaining a couple of seats in the Senate makes travesties like Kavanaugh's Star Chamber experience less likely.

What did he do to deserve such treatment? I mean, other than have the temerity to serve under Trump.

He has a stated anti-Mueller agenda. Many feel that he is Trump's stooge to squelch the Russia probe.

You do realize that Whitaker ran a multi-million dollar ponzi scheme that destroyed many lives right? Why should he skate by?

You do realize that Whitaker ran a multi-million dollar ponzi scheme that destroyed many lives right? Why should he skate by?

Whitaker has never personally been accused of wrongdoing,

Yeah, so there's that.

Yeah, so there's that.

That's b/c he is a plant! He almost certainty made a deal w/Mueller. Just watch. Also Bernie Madoff got away with it for years.

He has a stated anti-Mueller agenda. Many feel that he is Trump's stooge to squelch the Russia probe.

He hasn't done anything to stifle Mueller in any way yet has he? He would basically be called to testify in front of a government sanctioned committe on why he exercised his free speech rights and said something the government committe didn't like

Yeah I know Kavanaugh's life is in ruins, I wonder how he manages to work on the Supreme Courst now that he's homeless and destitute?:lamo

Yeah I know Kavanaugh's life is in ruins, I wonder how he manages to work on the Supreme Courst now that he's homeless and destitute?:lamo

Thank GOD the Democrats didn't win. Thank. GOD.
Good won. Evil lost.

Partisan hyperbole much?:roll:

Not hyperbolic in the least to say that what Dems engaged in during Kav's hearings was evil. Further, they did it all in the name of abortion.

What are you talking about?

Do you have proof that Whitaker himself did anything wrong?

Back
Top Bottom