• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Naacp

Does the NAACP help racial discrimination?

• Yes, the NAACP helps to solve racial discrimination

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, the NAACP causes racial conflict

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • The NAACP is only in it for the publicity

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Other, and state what

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

t125eagle

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
does the NAACP help anymore? Do they really help those that need help or do they go for the publicity? Does the NAACP foster more racism instead of tolerance?

I think there are a lot of people in it that want to improve things...but at the present time, the organization as a whole is responsible for more bad things than good things.

t125eagle said:
does the NAACP help anymore? Do they really help those that need help or do they go for the publicity? Does the NAACP foster more racism instead of tolerance?

No, they don't help anymore, and they do cause racial conflict.

In fact, not to sound racist, but the whole civil rights thing has gone so far overboard its retarded. I mean, we have organizations like the NAACP who have the potential to be a power player, then we have Affirmative Action, Black History month, Black Entertainment Television, JET Magazine, Black's Only Scholarship funds, "Historically Black" Colleges, Minority Scholarships (which are seperate from independent Black scholarship funds), etc, etc, etc.

And yet, when someone wants to display the confederate flag to show thier southern heritage, they are labeled a racist and a biggot. If someone were to suggest a White's Only Scholarship fund, they would be a racist and a biggot. If someone suggested a White Entertainment Television channel, racist. If Someone suggested getting a job via affirmative action on a Spike Lee movie, Racist. You get the point.....

Even now, because I am questioning these things, I am getting labeled as a racist.

They start more racial conflict then anything. They are one of the sole groups keeping racism alive in America.

Caine said:
No, they don't help anymore, and they do cause racial conflict.

In fact, not to sound racist, but the whole civil rights thing has gone so far overboard its retarded. I mean, we have organizations like the NAACP who have the potential to be a power player, then we have Affirmative Action, Black History month, Black Entertainment Television, JET Magazine, Black's Only Scholarship funds, "Historically Black" Colleges, Minority Scholarships (which are seperate from independent Black scholarship funds), etc, etc, etc.

And yet, when someone wants to display the confederate flag to show thier southern heritage, they are labeled a racist and a biggot. If someone were to suggest a White's Only Scholarship fund, they would be a racist and a biggot. If someone suggested a White Entertainment Television channel, racist. If Someone suggested getting a job via affirmative action on a Spike Lee movie, Racist. You get the point.....

Even now, because I am questioning these things, I am getting labeled as a racist.
there was a Whites Only scholarship the other year i believe in New Jersey. oh man! there was a lot of talk about that and how it was racists and such and such because it was not elidgable for minorites. guess how much the scholarship was? like $20. thats it. Twenty dollars and people went off the deep end.

I read one time that the NAACP released a statement about african americans and poverty and someone else released a report about the same time about the same thing. i wish i had a link to it but the other source said that the majority of those living in poverty was white but that the NAACP only said that x many african americans were living in poverty and that the government should create a committee or something to solve the problem. when asked about creating a commettee to just get rid of poverty the NAACP did not want to help others in poverty just african americans... so sad, i think.
and i agree with what you are saying about being labled a racist and all that.

The Real McCoy, do you mean the NAACP?

No, the NAACP does not lessen racisim, it increases it.

By getting minority persons all of those assists they:
  • Increase racisim towards said minority from other groups because said minority is reciving preferental treatment.
  • Increase racisim from said minority towards other groups by implying that said minority needs the aformentioned assists because the other groups have it better....or something to that effect.

By labeling everyone who questions and or tries to change this situation a racist, they:
  • Greatly increase the racisim between groups that they defend and groups that they attack

For these and many other reasons, I believe that the NAACP is, knowingly or unknowingly, actively fermenting racisim in america.

If knowingly, then I would venture to guess that they fear the elimination of racisim because it would eliminate their reasons for existance.

If unknowingly, I would say that they must be pretty clueless to how the real world functions.

Secondly, outside of any effects racisim has on the efficiency of the workings of a country, the effects that AA has on the functionality of various instutions around the country is almost definitely negative.

And of course, if anyone suggests the elimination of AA, or any of these other racist policies, programs, etc, they MUST be a racist.

Last edited:
i had one of my college professors try to explain what Affirmative Action was to me. all he told me that made sense was that it was designed to help african americans to get ahead in the workplace, since they were being discriminated against. so, why create a piece of legislation that does the reverse? should not people be hired for background, ie grades, degree etc, and attitude -not what race you are? does that violate our own civil rights? and really, if you think about it, how is AA constructive to harmony among the races? all it does is say " african americans are better or more deserving of these jobs than anyone else"
at least that is what I think.. what about you?

t125eagle said:
i had one of my college professors try to explain what Affirmative Action was to me. all he told me that made sense was that it was designed to help african americans to get ahead in the workplace, since they were being discriminated against. so, why create a piece of legislation that does the reverse? should not people be hired for background, ie grades, degree etc, and attitude -not what race you are? does that violate our own civil rights? and really, if you think about it, how is AA constructive to harmony among the races? all it does is say " african americans are better or more deserving of these jobs than anyone else"
at least that is what I think.. what about you?

I agree, Affirmative Action is basically reverse racism. And it was never made more obvious to me than when I heard the story of discrimination from a senior officer here in my division. When he tried to get hired back in '85, they refused to hire him because he was white and they had already hired 5 whites that year, thats it.. 5 is all they could hire. And we are talking about a city that hires around 50-70 officers a year! He had to go work for the sheriff's dept (which in this county don't do any "real" law enforcement), then worked for a small city dept before finally getting hired in 95. During that same time, they were promoting blacks to Sergeant, when they had to skip 10 or 15 names on the promotion list in order to do it, they were screwing up the promotion order because of race.

Bullshit.

Its not as bad as it used to be (I think this statement is true nationwide), but its still ridiculous that it ever happened to begin with.

i wonder if there is a civil rights union or something that even whites can go to to protest violations of their civil rights?

t125eagle said:
i wonder if there is a civil rights union or something that even whites can go to to protest violations of their civil rights?
[sarcasm]
WHAT???

THAT'S RACISM YOU ****ING CRACKER!
[/sarcasm]

bwuahahahahahaahahahahahahah.......

t125eagle said:

According to the NAACP mission statement they should be looking out for the civil rights of white people too. After all white is considered a color and last time I look I was more of a peach.

t125eagle said:

I see the NAACP as an army to fight an enemy that no longer exists. Of course, racism still exists, but the organization is no longer suited to combat any forms of racism that are apparent.

Duke

t125eagle said:

Of course. That is the function of the ACLU.

oh yeah, i had forgotten about the American Civil Liberties Union. d'uh! thanks Iriemon

German women have no inhabitions about race and the prettiest blond will always leave the bar with a black soldier in Germany.

My second wife was German and beautiful blond and made an assessment about black American males once to me... she said put one of those guys in uniform at a supermarket as a security guard and he thinks he is a general.

I can't get out of my mind the ending scene of the comedy "Animal" when everyone discovered the one responsible for killing all the animals was a black male and din't want a part of the mindless mob that had vowed to kill the villian.

About twelve years ago I worked with the US Coast Guard here in PR and had a very good friend who was chuncky, black and had those same bug eyes as Jessey Jackson... He was from GA. His supervisor told him on his first day at work in the warehouse "I've been needing a Nig**er to put my feet on" and my friend filed an EEO complaint to the manager who was a female lesbian from my hometown in WV.

I had had an ongoing dispute with the personnel manager and the lesbian manager about nepotism hiring practices leading up to this incident. I had been tring to get Vietnam vets jobs at the workplace but both kept hiring relatives of the people working there.

When my black friend told me he was making a complaint I told him that the supervisor was just joking with him and to drop it... He didn't take my advice and filed the complaint becaues in his mind he was being discriminated against. Later I witnessed the lesbian manager physically assault him and I became one of his witnesses. He had almost thirty witnesses for his bogas case... then the manager used me as an example and falsely charged me for a bogas charge costing me about three days pay... well, I decided I would back my friends bogas EEO charge to get even with the nepotism... When I was charged all the other witnesses refussed to witness for him and I stood alone with him as the case progressed.

Time passed and the case went "formal" to my friend v. US Dept of Transportation... My kids were young and I was playing with them on the USCG palyground and the base commander had me detained in front of my wife and kids for illegal use of facilities... The next day I was charged for illegal purchases of tax free goods at the exchange... totally bogas and barred from the base where I worked in writing. I appealed the bar and was allowed to travel by foot to and from my employment but I was required to carry water and toilet paper since I was in a non- gratti status. I had proof that the Tax free charge was bogas and filed an appeal but was unanswered by the command.. I wrote my congressman who was in the pocket of the USCG who didn't help... I thought who can help me and I wrote VP Al Gore sending documents clearly indicating my appeal was not recognized after thirty days to resolve the drinking water and TP situation and at the same my friend wrote every member of the House Black Caucas, the NAACP, Jessy Jackson and Louis Farcon certified registered mail with facts on the case... most answered for him to write his congressman which he had told them he had already done.... some didn't even answer.

Al Gore also didn't answer and after thirty days I wrote him another letter cursing him out after one day walking to work passing about twenty misfortunate illegal aliens from Dominican Republic that had the misfortune of landing their boat on the beach of the USCG base housing area... they were tied up alongside the street with plastic ties like trash awaiting pickup. The same day I wrote the VP I had recieved a newsletter form army retirement where the Army Chief of Staff offered assistance for veterans facing similar problems that I faced... so I wrote the VP and the Army COS again with the documents... days later the commander sent his adjuant to me to ask what I wanted ... the Army Chief of Staff had contacted the Sec. of Transportation... He was furious and in trouble. I answered only my American rights back... you see, I thought as I passed the tied up DR illegals that they could do the same to me and ship me to DR since no one in the government would help.

My black friend had it a little easier than I since he claimed a work injury and spent about $100,000 on his treatment as he waited for the federal trial... Bought a new car... The lesbian manager approached me offering a supervisor position if I would only drop the formal witness to the EEO case and I laughed.

Time passed... over a year and the trial date came... three days before the trial my friend got a check for $40,000.00 for his injury and I got a letter from VP Al Gore telling me I should retain a "very good" lawyer to get my rights back. The DOT was found innocent of the EEO charge of discrimination against my black friend... but he didn't appeal because he had money burning his pocket...

It doesn't end there.... the guy that said "I need a Ni**er to put my feet on" was shot deader than hell along with a club manager a month later... the lesbian manager then emboldened with the EEO victory set up a supervisor as I was set up as a witness and he killed himself...

Again, I wrote the VP and the Army Chief of Staff and begged them to stop the maddness and I don't know who sent the men in black but two weeks later the manager was gone and the commander early retired, his executive officer sent to Alaska... I quit and became a Republican and a house husband.

I think my second wife was right... put a black in a position of authority and he or she forgets their roots... and, I think the same applies to politicians and have my money on the Army Chief of Staff that corrected the mess.

Now only about ten original employees remain and Vets have their place at the USCG Air Station near my home.

Blacks on the other hand are crippled by the preception of discrimination when it doesn't actually exist. Like the Animal movie an over compensation has taken place...

The NAACP is a joke...

They should be tried as an Anti-American seditious group and disbanded

Very interesting story Topsez.

[QUOTE-Topsez]Blacks on the other hand are crippled by the preception of discrimination when it doesn't actually exist.[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting point, and I agree with it.

I would extend it to all groups of people who have been informed that they are descriminated against by someone or a group of someones who just wants to be the focus of their political power.

It's not just blacks anymore, it worked so well that it is being done to other "minority groups" as well.

And as for the NAACP helping white persons with violations of their civil rights............. :2rofll: :2funny:

Last edited:
Kandahar said:
I think there are a lot of people in it that want to improve things...but at the present time, the organization as a whole is responsible for more bad things than good things.

Perfectly stated. My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by Kandahar

I also agree with that statement. It seems that they should change there name/image though, maybe to one that is about rights in general rather then making it a racist organization. Just a thought.

Johnny_Utah said:
I also agree with that statement. It seems that they should change there name/image though, maybe to one that is about rights in general rather then making it a racist organization. Just a thought.

If they did that they would be lying and fooling people.

They ARE a racist organization and will continue to be one and act as one.

Caine
If they did that they would be lying and fooling people.

They ARE a racist organization and will continue to be one and act as one.

True. I guess that I just wonder why they make any pretense to be something that they are not. PR of course, but it still sucks. They want to do good things in general, but they are lost overall.

Johnny_Utah said:
True. I guess that I just wonder why they make any pretense to be something that they are not. PR of course, but it still sucks. They want to do good things in general, but they are lost overall.

Wrong again. They started out wanting to do good things.
Now everything they do is a publicity stunt aimed at getting thier message out because they are starting to realize that they are no longer needed.

They should just give it up and declare that thier organization is no longer needed and disband themselves.

Back
Top Bottom