• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate Obama clown

Compatibilist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The NAACP says the clown was guilty of inciting violence against the president.

NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate rodeo clown flap - Washington Times

How crazy is this?? From what I can remember every single president during my lifetime has been mocked in one way or another...especially with masks. In fact I found a piece showing Bush was the target of a similar situation back in 1994 and of course nothing was made of it, and nothing should have.

A dummy with a George Bush mask stood beside the clown, propped up by a broomstick. [...] T.J. Hawkins rolled out the big inner tube, and the bull lowered his head, shot forward and launched into the tube, sending it bounding down the center of the arena. The crowd cheered. Then the bull saw the George Bush dummy. He tore into it, sending the rubber mask flying halfway across the sand as he turned toward the fence, sending cowboys scrambling up the fence rails, hooking one with his horn and tossing him off the fence.

You Would Not Believe How Common Rodeo Clown Mockery of Presidents Is | Mediaite

Why is it ok to make fun of other presidents but when a little mockery of Obama results in a clown getting fired and calls for investigations?

This is a perfect example of how far we've slid backwards in race relations.

NAACP calls on Justice Dept., Secret Service to investigate rodeo clown flap - Washington Times

How crazy is this?? From what I can remember every single president during my lifetime has been mocked in one way or another...especially with masks. In fact I found a piece showing Bush was the target of a similar situation back in 1994 and of course nothing was made of it, and nothing should have.

A dummy with a George Bush mask stood beside the clown, propped up by a broomstick. [...] T.J. Hawkins rolled out the big inner tube, and the bull lowered his head, shot forward and launched into the tube, sending it bounding down the center of the arena. The crowd cheered. Then the bull saw the George Bush dummy. He tore into it, sending the rubber mask flying halfway across the sand as he turned toward the fence, sending cowboys scrambling up the fence rails, hooking one with his horn and tossing him off the fence.

You Would Not Believe How Common Rodeo Clown Mockery of Presidents Is | Mediaite

Why is it ok to make fun of other presidents but when a little mockery of Obama results in a clown getting fired and calls for investigations?

Can the NAACP show us the violence against the president that supposedly happened?

The NAACP needs to be shutdown as they do no good for the country, or for Black people......

Perhaps it is really evidence of just the opposite; if the race hustling, poverty pimps must resort to rodeo clowns and cases of self defense featuring "white hispacnics" to show us examples of clearcut racism in the U.S. (or purse purchase "steering" in Europe) then that makes me wonder how bad racism in the U.S. really is now. Surely these "professional" race based organizations and "black leaders" can come up with better examples of the rampant racist attitudes in the U.S. than these lame examples.

The NAACP is entitled to make any request they want, no matter how ridiculous.

That is their "free speech". The clown was expressing his free speech, no matter how ridiculous.

Are we a nation of immature idiots?

(apparently)

Can the NAACP show us the violence against the president that supposedly happened?

I don't see how that can possibly happen. It appears to be just another baseless claim of racism against the president under the disquise of inciting violence.

The NAACP did some good things for blacks in the past, however, this is yet another example of them reaching too far in an attempt to still be relevant. It's below them and the national headquarters should admonish this Missouri chapter.

I don't see how that can possibly happen. It appears to be just another baseless claim of racism against the president under the disquise of inciting violence.

The NAACP did some good things for blacks in the past, however, this is yet another example of them reaching too far in an attempt to still be relevant. It's below them and the national headquarters should admonish this Missouri chapter.

I guess the NAACP sees themselves as a personal protection forcé for this President because he is half black. I don't think they have anything else to do. It makes the President look weak though that this organization needs to speak up like Obama is not capable himself if there was a problem.

Without racism, the NAACP, Jackson, Sharpton, et al., would be put out of business. We can reasonably expect them to do whatever it takes to keep racism alive and well in the United States as it is a matter of self-preservation for them.

I guess the NAACP sees themselves as a personal protection forcé for this President because he is half black. I don't think they have anything else to do. It makes the President look weak though that this organization needs to speak up like Obama is not capable himself if there was a problem.

I bet you a dollar to a doughnut that Obama got a good laugh out of the clown's antics and is not really concerned about it at all.

Without racism, the NAACP, Jackson, Sharpton, et al., would be put out of business. We can reasonably expect them to do whatever it takes to keep racism alive and well in the United States as it is a matter of self-preservation for them.

Agree... and unless the MSM keeps it alive, it will be gone with the next news cycle.

The tide of demands by Sharpton has seriously decreased his worth to the world. People are growing weary of his tired antics and race baiting. The NAACP looks to be picking up where he left off. They too will suffer a signficant decreased value to society as they employ such ludicrous tactics as this.

Back
Top Bottom