• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

N.Y. House Dems to introduce bill that would add four Supreme Court seats

The Constitution gives absolute power to Congress in establishing the SC and the rules governing it. There are no "precedents" for the number of seats on the court and in fact the SC would need to recuse itself for conflict of interest in any decision regarding them. That said it is doubtful that a 13 seat court will be passed unless the current judges make unacceptable draconian decisions that now seem unlikely. It's good to flex your muscles once in a while you should try it sometime.

When the point of the action is to undermine the Supreme Court by packing it, it invalidates the entire concept the Supreme Court itself. At the time when FDR was trying the same shit (always Dems wanting to do this it seems) the members of the Supreme Court did comment on it.

If there is an issue with there being too much of a case load for the Supreme Court to handle, that would be a legitimate reason. That is not the case with the Dems right now.

When the point of the action is to undermine the Supreme Court by packing it, it invalidates the entire concept the Supreme Court itself. At the time when FDR was trying the same shit (always Dems wanting to do this it seems) the members of the Supreme Court did comment on it.

If there is an issue with there being too much of a case load for the Supreme Court to handle, that would be a legitimate reason. That is not the case with the Dems right now.
Like I said the Constitution makes it quite clear that Congress makes the rules for the SC. The belief that the court is out of touch with the needs of the American people is reason enough to change the make-up if Congress believes that is so.

If you aren't noticing the strife that we are living in then you're beyond bothering with as it's either A) No awareness/willful ignorance or B) Blatant dishonesty.
The break-up of a major political party is not strife in the Govt. But if I was a Republican I might feel as you do I guess.

The belief that the court is out of touch with the needs of the American people

*being big mad that far-leftists aren't running the Supreme Court who will knowingly and willingly ignore the premises of the Constitution

I fixed your comment. The court, in it's very concept, is a status quo institution. It doesn't give a **** about being in touch with the people. That's not the purpose of the court.

The break-up of a major political party is not strife in the Govt. But if I was a Republican I might feel as you do I guess.

Tf you talking about? You don't see protests in the streets? ****.

Tf you talking about? You don't see protests in the streets? ****.

"Protests in the streets" are as American as apple pie but a major political party lying about fraud in our election and inciting an insurrection against our Capitol indicates a party that has lost its way. That is significant and worrying.

*being big mad that far-leftists aren't running the Supreme Court who will knowingly and willingly ignore the premises of the Constitution

I fixed your comment. The court, in it's very concept, is a status quo institution. It doesn't give a **** about being in touch with the people. That's not the purpose of the court.
LOL Obviously it is or you would not be up in arms about a change. Throughout its history the court has changed with the times and it's very legitimacy depends on it being aware of what the people believe. This is a democracy how would it be anyway else? FDR got his way didn't he? There are ways of "waking up" the Judges to reality and threatening to dilute their ranks is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom