• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mystery after German billionaire and Tengelmann heir vanishes in Swiss Alps

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Mystery after German billionaire and Tengelmann heir vanishes in Swiss Alps

Karl-Erivan Haub is an experienced skier and mountaineer, spokesperson says

This is an article from the year 2018

Now there are news that Karl Haub may be alive and well and living in Russia.

I have not found a new article about this in English yet, but I will keep looking.

Does anybody here know more about this mystery case?

Here is a newer article now:

New research to reveal alleged double life of the billionaire​

New research by journalist Liv von Boetticher should now show that Karl-Erivan Haub may still be alive.

More:

The guy may be physically missing, but what about all his money? Somebody's controlling it, right?

The guy may be physically missing, but what about all his money? Somebody's controlling it, right?
Surely now - as he has been declared dead already.

Surely now - as he has been declared dead already.
If it's all there and none of it is missing then he might in fact really be dead.

Rumours:

In an interview with Die Welt, von Boetticher expressed the suspicion that "Karl-Yerevan Haub was involved in dubious business and could have disappeared in Russia with the help of the Russian secret service FSB". Rumors that there are links to Russia have existed for some time.

Karl-Erivan Haub case: How much did his brother Christian know?​

A mysterious Russian woman, Veronika E., plays a major role in von Boetticher's research. She worked for an event agency that organized the birthday of Haub's mother Helga in St. Petersburg in 2004. The journalist found evidence that Haub and Veronika E. were then in regular contact and often stayed in the same place at the same time. In addition, Veronika E. probably has connections to the Russian secret services.

He has dis-appeared in the Swiss Alps some years ago.
Now the cold case has come to life again

Mr Haub – who was born in Tacoma, Washington – and his brother Christian have led the company since 2000.

The family’s fortune is estimated at more than €3bn (£2.6bn).

Family patriarch Erivan Haub died in March at his home in Wyoming.

Tengelmann’s main businesses are the hardware store Obi and clothing retailer KiK. It also has large stakes in the Netto supermarket chain and online retailer Zalando.

Karl-Erivan Haub, heir to the Tengelmann retail empire, was training for a ski race when he disappeared on Switzerland’s most famous peak, located on the border with Italy.

A spokesperson for Tengelmann said there was no news yet on the fate of the 58-year-old.

Sieglinde Schuchardt said Mr Haub was an experienced skier and mountaineer.

I have opened the topic in the Russian section as well now.

Maybe he appears in Russia some day ...

I wonder wether we will ever hear of this case again ….

ever heard of Haub.?

did not make news in the us, i think …

still a mystery

Sounds like the plot for a James Bond movie.

Back
Top Bottom