• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mysterious radio bursts come from outside our galaxy

Jredbaron96

Gen 4:10
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Mysterious radio bursts come from outside our galaxy | Ars Technica

Astronomers using a radiotelescope to perform a survey of a broad patch of the sky have spotted a set of unusual events that last for just a handful of milliseconds. The events don't repeat and aren't accompanied by anything obvious at optical X-ray wavelengths. A careful examination of their properties, however, gives reason to believe that they are likely to occur at great distances from our galaxy, suggesting they are the product of cataclysmic occurrences. Based on the four events detected during their survey of a single patch of the sky, the astronomers suggest that thousands of them may be visible from Earth each day—provided we know where to look.

Huh. I wonder what's out there.

Mysterious radio bursts come from outside our galaxy

everybody be quiet. when they come, they're coming for dinner.

Two words, broadband communication. :)

Tim-

The Big Bang is still banging. There are new stars being born every minute while others die. The universe is still expanding. These events of energy should surprise no one. It is correct to state that someday all stars will die out leaving the universe as a dark, lifeless void of rocks.

The Big Bang is still banging. There are new stars being born every minute while others die. The universe is still expanding. These events of energy should surprise no one. It is correct to state that someday all stars will die out leaving the universe as a dark, lifeless void of rocks.

Probably not considering there was never a big bang to begin with.

But is that a literal intrepretation? As in any scientific theory is wrong by default?

That is correct. Intelligent design, literally. Yes. No need for theory, we already know what happend.

In this case? Probably nothing more than "a cataclysmic natural event," we have no current experience with. Doesn't seem to have anyting to do with communication attempts.

I shudder to imagine what natural object created it. I mean, if it was one of those quasar superstructures, then I can't even fathom the total amount of energy released. Probably makes everything that has happened on earth look pitiful by comparison.

The Big Bang is still banging. There are new stars being born every minute while others die. The universe is still expanding. These events of energy should surprise no one.
Astrophysicists are aware of gamma ray bursts and other catastrophic events, but whats interesting and unique about these FRBs is that they are not accompanied by energies at other frequencies which orbiting sensors would have detected. The events themselves aren't surprising, it's the nature of the events that's surprising.

It is correct to state that someday all stars will die out leaving the universe as a dark, lifeless void of rocks.
Really? I haven't heard that theory before. I always figured that once the isotopes radiate back to normal and become balanced again, it would be possible for a large enough mass to have nuclear fusion at its core again.

Actually the Bible is a history book, would you like to point out how it is not?

break-the-cycle.jpg

Also the Bible is not a "book" in the sense that its various parts were written thousands of years apart in some cases and its more accuracy called a series of books, even though they are often bound together.

View attachment 67150195

Also the Bible is not a "book" in the sense that its various parts were written thousands of years apart in some cases and its more accuracy called a series of books, even though they are often bound together.

Ah, your mistake is that you assume that is the reasoning. It's not. The Bible has yet to be proven false, not one time. And, witnesses who were there recorded and documented the information.

Josephus also claims its validity.

Probably not considering there was never a big bang to begin with.

God spoke and created. Yes.

That is correct. Intelligent design, literally. Yes. No need for theory, we already know what happend.

Been documented throughout history actually.

Actually the Bible is a history book, would you like to point out how it is not?

tumblr_inline_mlbf81sDfG1qz4rgp.gif

Oh **** guys, I think he's serious; I don't think he's kidding.

Back
Top Bottom