• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Myrtle Point teenage boy shoots burglar in leg, Coos County district attorney says

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A teenage boy who feared for his safety shot a burglar in the leg with a shotgun at a Myrtle Point home Wednesday morning, Coos County District Attorney Paul Frasier said.

The boy, believed to be about 15, obtained the shotgun from within the home, Frasier said.

The burglar, identified as 33-year-old Myrtle Point resident Kenneth John Edwards III, was transported first to Coquille Valley Hospital and then to PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield, Frasier said.

Myrtle Point teenage boy shoots burglar in leg, Coos County district attorney says | Local | Eugene, Oregon

:thumbs::thumbs:

Re: Myrtle Point teenage boy shoots burglar in leg, Coos County district attorney say

A teenage boy who feared for his safety shot a burglar in the leg with a shotgun at a Myrtle Point home Wednesday morning, Coos County District Attorney Paul Frasier said.

The boy, believed to be about 15, obtained the shotgun from within the home, Frasier said.

The burglar, identified as 33-year-old Myrtle Point resident Kenneth John Edwards III, was transported first to Coquille Valley Hospital and then to PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield, Frasier said.

Myrtle Point teenage boy shoots burglar in leg, Coos County district attorney says | Local | Eugene, Oregon

So sad.

But we can hope as he gets older he becomes a better shot! :thumbs:

Re: Myrtle Point teenage boy shoots burglar in leg, Coos County district attorney say

So sad.

My guess is it was on purpose. At least he doesn't have to have a death on his conscious. Good shoot.

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

My guess is it was on purpose. At least he doesn't have to have a death on his conscious. Good shoot.

You know, that's a very good point.

When I had to use a gun to possibly save the life of my next-door neighbor from an attacker with a baseball bat in the middle of the night, I planned on firstly seeing if I could draw the guy away without shooting, for the very same reason.

Luckily the guy bolted when he saw I was serious, the cops arrived literally moments later & gave me a pat on the back, and the assailant was known to the family and picked-up soon after.

So we all went back to bed with no injuries, deaths, or reams of paperwork & statements. I never had to fire a shot. A good ending to a bad night, in a city that's had too many bad nights.

So sad.

Kudos to the kid for standing up and not cowering in fear in a closet or under a desk.

You say death on his conscious as thou it were a negative. I look at it like this......

"having knowledge of something; aware.
"we are conscious of the extent of the problem"
synonyms: aware, mindful, sensible;

Shooting a bad guy to me, is no different than saving a drowning child or animal. If you are there and can take charge....just do it and do it with pride.

Sent from the bore of my .44 .....using cast lead .

That's in one of the redneck parts of Oregon. Had this been in Eugene or Portland metro area, this story most likely would have had a substantially different ending.

That's in one of the redneck parts of Oregon. Had this been in Eugene or Portland metro area, this story most likely would have had a substantially different ending.

It's still Oregon and the perp still survived. I expect the family will be sued for causing distress to the criminal.

Very possible, especially in Portland.

Eugene, as stupidly liberal as it is, is still home to thousands of pro-gun folks.

A little over a year ago, a Dutch Bros. stand was held up by two low life, worthless scum, pukes, late at night. The kid operating the stand(19 as I recall) pulled out his gun and shot and wounded the one puke with a gun ......and the other fled. The police apprehended both and the police were very supportive and the DA ruled it a good shoot.
Even the owner, who had an anti-gun policy because of Dutch Bros., let it slide and told the kid he always had a job if he wanted it.

A very happy ending in my book.

It's still Oregon and the perp still survived. I expect the family will be sued for causing distress to the criminal.

The DA said he doubted if any charges will be brought, but was sending it off to the GJ. As many know, the DA can guide the GJ just about anywhere they want to....so I'm pretty confident that this kid will attain hero status and get the keys to that small town. :)

I teach people shoot to kill, but never use that word when explaining your actions. "I just wanted to stop him from hurting me, Mr. PO-lice man."

Last edited:

Kudos to the kid for standing up and not cowering in fear in a closet or under a desk.

You say death on his conscious as thou it were a negative. I look at it like this......

synonyms:aware, mindful, sensible;

Shooting a bad guy to me, is no different than saving a drowning child or animal. If you are there and can take charge....just do it and do it with pride.

Dude. Taking a life is not something you should take pride in. It isn't something you should want to do. Especially at 15 years old. He isn't even a man yet.

I mean shooting the guy in the leg was not smart. But it worked. I look at it more as putting down a dog. Not something you want to do, but you gotta sometimes.

That's what happens when you let democrats get involved in self defense laws.

synonyms: aware, mindful, sensible;

The proper term is "conscience," something you seem quite unfamiliar with.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I get that, but killing someone isn't always the easiest thing to live with, justified or no.

:roll:

The proper term is "conscience," something you seem quite unfamiliar with.

You are correct.....on both counts.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I get that, but killing someone isn't always the easiest thing to live with, justified or no.

Agreed, and it depends on the person.

Back
Top Bottom