• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My #Walkaway Story (Former Evergreen Student).

Yeah, but you're not a Democrat in any way from what I've seen.

If you insist you are, where do you agree with the Democratic platform?

Why should I speak with you any firther.
You can not admit you are wrong and have already proven you do not read what is written.
I do not converse with people who are proven to be 100% wrong about something, but refuse to admit it.
This is you.

Give me an apology and admit you are wrong, I will talk more with you and tell you what Democrat platforms I agree 100% with.

You can't dismiss it with a "yeah".

Now, show us what you are made of.
Can you man up and admit you were wrong about something?
What you said in post 19 was completely wrong and is provable to be wrong.
Can you admit you are human or are you a perfect being who never makes a mistake in the heat of a posting squabble.

I make mistakes in them all the time...but i am also man enough to admit them.

Last edited:
You're a conservative, it's right out there for everyone to see for themselves.

It's fine, but you should own it.

And Stalin was a leftist until he started killing people. Then the left labeled him as "rightwinger" because they didnt like him being a leftist.

Why should I speak with you any firther.
You can not admit you are wrong and have already proven you do not read what is written.
I do not converse with people who are proven to be 100% wrong about something, but refuse to admit it.
This is you.

Give me an apology and admit you are wrong, I will talk more with you and tell you what Democrat platforms I agree 100% with.

You can't dismiss it with a "yeah".

Now, show us what you are made of.
Can you man up and admit you were wrong about something?
What you said in post 19 was completely wrong and is provable to be wrong.
Can you admit you are human or are you a perfect being who never makes a mistake in the heat of a posting squabble.

I make mistakes in them all the time...but i am also man enough to admit them.
You identity as a "centrist" officially, while you call yourself a "conservative Democrat" in your posts, even as you tell us you campaign for Republicans.

You can't be a Republican, a Democrat, and a centrist at the same time.

And Stalin was a leftist until he started killing people. Then the left labeled him as "rightwinger" because they didnt like him being a leftist.
I've never seen Stalin denied as being on the left, though I have seen conservatives deny Hitler was on the right.

The USA had it's fair share of Russian communism supporters, going all the way back to Russian Revolution days. One such group (still in existence today) paid to have Leon Trotsky brought to the USA for a warm welcome, which was lauded in the New York Times. The problem Democrats have with Russia, is that they exchanged their communism and bread lines for capitalism.

You identity as a "centrist" officially, while you call yourself a "conservative Democrat" in your posts, even as you tell us you campaign for Republicans.

You can't be a Republican, a Democrat, and a centrist at the same time.

So...you are NOT man enough to admit you are wrong when you clearly were.
Instead you just repeat some other talking point while ignoring the very blatant fact you were 100% wrong in your post number 19.
I thought you had enough personal integrity to be better than that.
In this case, I was wrong, thinking you did.

You do not have the personal integrity to admit you made a mistake.
You are NOT man enough to admit your post 19 was completely wrong.
You think you are perfect and never admit to any mistakes you DO make.

OK...

Now I have the joy of never hearing a thing you have to say for the rest of my life.
You feel you are better than us mere humans who screw up AND ADMIT IT.
Some of us even apologize for our screw ups.

but not you.

I must admit, it makes for a much better internet experience not having to ever see or hear "perfect" people ever again.
I prefer the company of mere mortals who are fallible, make mistakes, admit to those mistakes, and sometimes apologize for them.
Those people have integrity and i can share a beer with them no matter what their lean.

Last edited:
Typical. Not interested enough in the subject to actually view it and then present an informed response...just interested in coming in to make a negative, uninformed statement.

Just more examples of what this young man left the Left for. :coffeepap:

So some students protested and that's why you went from Democrat to far right Trump supporter. Sounds legit.

You're one of the most veracious Trump defenders on this forum, so why would anyone on the left give a damn about your critisicm of them?

If you don't earnestly watch the 10min long videos we pick out for you why would we do the same? To walk away you'd have to be a Democrat in the first place, chief.

So some students protested and that's why you went from Democrat to far right Trump supporter. Sounds legit.

You're one of the most veracious Trump defenders on this forum, so why would anyone on the left give a damn about your critisicm of them?

If you don't earnestly watch the 10min long videos we pick out for you why would we do the same? To walk away you'd have to be a Democrat in the first place, chief.

...and that is exactly what the kid said in the video you refused to watch.
At least you admitted you did not watch it.
I have done the same about other long videos I did not care to watch.
No biggie.

But your last sentence makes you appear foolish in that had you seen the video, even the first few minutes of it, you would not have said that.
It means you are talking about something you have not seen and therefore made an incorrect ASSumption about it.
Not smart.

The kid said he was a Democrat in the very first few minutes of the video.
so, you see, your statement was really uninformed.

Last edited:

Once upon a time I honestly had some respect for your posts, back before the current "resistance" alignment after the 2016 election.

1. It is not MY video. It is the video of a young millennial who was a recent student at Evergreen College...and HE was a "Liberal Democrat," not I.

2. Aside from a short stint as a member of the Libertarian Party I was never committed to any particular Party. I've voted Democrat (Carter, Clinton, Gore, Obama), Republican (Reagan, Bush Sr., Trump), and "Other" (Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, Gary Johnson).

3. My support for Trump has been explained thoroughly since the end of the 2016 election cycle, as were the reasons I originally voted for him. I could ask you with your rabid antipathy for his election the same question as to why should anyone give a damn about YOUR criticism of my side. Of course, as the young man in the video points out, the Right seems to be willing to have a civil discourse, whereas members like yourself on the LEFT seem to prefer ad hominins, appeals to emotion, deflections, and use of moral panic tactics some of which you just did in your post.

4. I do "watch 10 minute long videos" as well as read the source materials provided in most OP's I respond to...hence my ability to source links for direct responses and cite errors made from the OP's own citations in many of my replies.

Unlike your post which demonstrates a lack of understanding of the materials provided. :shrug:

Last edited:
So...you are NOT man enough to admit you are wrong when you clearly were.
Instead you just repeat some other talking point while ignoring the very blatant fact you were 100% wrong in your post number 19.
I thought you had enough personal integrity to be better than that.
In this case, I was wrong, thinking you did.

You do not have the personal integrity to admit you made a mistake.
You are NOT man enough to admit your post 19 was completely wrong.
You think you are perfect and never admit to any mistakes you DO make.

OK...

Now I have the joy of never hearing a thing you have to say for the rest of my life.
You feel you are better than us mere humans who screw up AND ADMIT IT.
Some of us even apologize for our screw ups.

but not you.

I must admit, it makes for a much better internet experience not having to ever see or hear "perfect" people ever again.
I prefer the company of mere mortals who are fallible, make mistakes, admit to those mistakes, and sometimes apologize for them.
Those people have integrity and i can share a beer with them no matter what their lean.
If you can actually explain how you in any way are a Democrat, I'll happily apologize to you, otherwise I owe you no apology at all.

People leave and join both parties every day. It means nothing.

If you can actually explain how you in any way are a Democrat, I'll happily apologize to you, otherwise I owe you no apology at all.

You should not cuss Trump so much.
You BOTH do not have the ability to admit you are wrong.
..and then place restrictions and conditions on any admission.
You and Trump are exactly alike in this regard.

Your post 19 was and is completely and totally wrong, yet you want me to agree to your terms & conditions before you will admit it.
You should run for office...as a Republican.

Bye now.....forever.

Last edited:
Many of us are not surprised by Mr. Roth's decision to "walk away" from the unhinged rants of SOME liberals.

In the coming decades, as certain things continue to change in our country, more people will be joining Mr. Roth as they see our country start to unravel.

...and that is exactly what the kid said in the video you refused to watch.
At least you admitted you did not watch it.
I have done the same about other long videos I did not care to watch.
No biggie.

But your last sentence makes you appear foolish in that had you seen the video, even the first few minutes of it, you would not have said that.
It means you are talking about something you have not seen and therefore made an incorrect ASSumption about it.
Not smart.

The kid said he was a Democrat in the very first few minutes of the video.
so, you see, your statement was really uninformed.

I never said the kid wasn't a Democrat and of course I didn't watch the video. I said the OP isn't a Democrat, rather a rabid Trump supporter, so his listing of reasons to discontinue being a Democrat is irrelevant.

If I made a thread "10 Reasons Republicans should stop being Republicans" then posted a long video, would you watch it? Would it make sense for me to yell at everyone in the thread who didn't watch my hyperpartisan screw the GOP video?

Once upon a time I honestly had some respect for your posts, back before the current "resistance" alignment after the 2016 election.

1. It is not MY video. It is the video of a young millennial who was a recent student at Evergreen College...and HE was a "Liberal Democrat," not I.

2. Aside from a short stint as a member of the Libertarian Party I was never committed to any particular Party. I've voted Democrat (Carter, Clinton, Gore, Obama), Republican (Reagan, Bush Sr., Trump), and "Other" (Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, Gary Johnson).

3. My support for Trump has been explained thoroughly since the end of the 2016 election cycle, as were the reasons I originally voted for him. I could ask you with your rabid antipathy for his election the same question as to why should anyone give a damn about YOUR criticism of my side. Of course, as the young man in the video points out, the Right seems to be willing to have a civil discourse, whereas members like yourself on the LEFT seem to prefer ad hominins, appeals to emotion, deflections, and use of moral panic tactics some of which you just did in your post.

4. I do "watch 10 minute long videos" as well as read the source materials provided in most OP's I respond to...hence my ability to source links for direct responses and cite errors made from the OP's own citations in many of my replies.

Unlike your post which demonstrates a lack of understanding of the materials provided. :shrug:

Exactly, you were never a Democrat or even within 10 political miles of it, so your "walk away" OP is completely pointless. You can not expect us to watch 10 minutes of hyperpartisan garbage before we criticize you for posting this hyperpartisan garbage.

In over two years I have not once seen you criticize or even refuse to defend Trump for anything. You even support and defend him on things he does that are dramatically anti-libertarian. You do not come across as someone with strong beliefs or morals when you refuse to defend those beliefs against Trump. So surely you can imagine why we'd dismiss criticism of the Dems by someone as partisan as yourself.

What were you expecting? To convince some hearts and minds that we should abandon what we believe in to jump on the radically right Trump train with you?

To be fair, this was at best a misleading clickbait thread on your part, because I really thought it would be your walkaway story. WTF should we care about what this kid thinks? You wouldn't give David Hogg and all the kids who survived mass shootings the time of day. Claiming they have no experience and should shut up. They have way more political capital than some angry alt-right internet troll who has never gotten laid.

FYI: It is hyper-active anti-political videos like these that have led to mass shooting events.

You should really change your political affiliation on here.

You seem to concentrate all of your energy on fighting left-wing ideals, while giving conservatism and Trumpism a pass at every turn. It's bad enough that you never stand-up for libertarian principles when Trump and the RNC rear their authoritarian desires openly, but now you're flat out using their talking points and slogans, and I think you should be transparent about leaning conservative.

If you can't see how much more dangerous the current far-right is to American ideals of secular democracy that you say you care about, you're not a "libertarian-left" at all.

This summarizes my position pretty well. The last thing in the world I'm going to do is listen to the criticism of a hardcore Trump apologist that excuses EVERY single thing he does passionately and without fail.

When I see you defend libertarian ideals against Trump, I'll start considering your positions again and stop writing them off as hyperpartisan hackery, Captain.

Last edited:
Another YouTube video I found that I think tells a true story, from a young person who used to be "progressive-liberal."

This video was published on 11/18/18 by Dylan Roth:

It's 9:47 minutes long.

I know it might be too long for some folks who prefer their information spoon-fed in small bite sizes, but for those who might be interested in why a young millennial Liberal turned away from both the Left and the Democratic Party (despite Trump) give it a watch.

I post it because I've seen much of how he characterizes Progressive-Leftists reflected in how some of our more strident Forum member's tend to post and respond.

(NO! I am not going to summarized for you, because I am simply presenting a first-person example of why some Millennials are really and truly "walking away" despite allegations it's another "Bot" lie.)

I will say that I quite agree with much of what he states in regard to his experience and observations.

It’s funny how conservatives suddenly begin believing liberals when they tell them what they want to hear.

To be fair, this was at best a misleading clickbait thread on your part, because I really thought it would be your walkaway story. WTF should we care about what this kid thinks? You wouldn't give David Hogg and all the kids who survived mass shootings the time of day. Claiming they have no experience and should shut up. They have way more political capital than some angry alt-right internet troll who has never gotten laid.

FYI: It is hyper-active anti-political videos like these that have led to mass shooting events.

What I find so off about modern "cvonservatives" of the Trump fan variety, and "alt-right" types, is that need to feel they are a silent maority (when they clearly are not), the belief that the left has gone far and radicalized, when it's the right that has steadily gotten more extreme, while dismissing everyone else as leftists. Fact is, many of us non TRump fans are not near as liberal as we're accused of, many in fact are quite moderate. There used to be a thing as a "liberal" republican, there were moderate Republicans, but in the past few years there are just hard right and far right, and not much grey between. They have so demonized anyone to the left of that, that they can't even conceive of true bipartisanship. Many have become so spiteful it seems pissing off "the left" matters more than doing what's right. Definitely taking after TRump there and it's not a good thing.

Exactly, you were never a Democrat or even within 10 political miles of it, so your "walk away" OP is completely pointless. You can not expect us to watch 10 minutes of hyperpartisan garbage before we criticize you for posting this hyperpartisan garbage.

In over two years I have not once seen you criticize or even refuse to defend Trump for anything. You even support and defend him on things he does that are dramatically anti-libertarian. You do not come across as someone with strong beliefs or morals when you refuse to defend those beliefs against Trump. So surely you can imagine why we'd dismiss criticism of the Dems by someone as partisan as yourself.

What were you expecting? To convince some hearts and minds that we should abandon what we believe in to jump on the radically right Trump train with you?

This summarizes my position pretty well. The last thing in the world I'm going to do is listen to the criticism of a hardcore Trump apologist that excuses EVERY single thing he does passionately and without fail.

When I see you defend libertarian ideals against Trump, I'll start considering your positions again and stop writing them off as hyperpartisan hackery, Captain.

/thread.:bravo:

You are 100% correct, I have absolutely zero interest in what one random unknown person out of 300+ million in this country has to say (if we could even believe him in the first place).

And yet, you'll hang on every word you hear from the talking potato heads on those mainstream media opinion shows. Why? Because the networks have made them and THEIR opinions seem more important?

You would be well served by broadening your information base.

So weird that you would think people leaving your party = Russian propaganda.... And I thought "Trumpers being scared of migrants" was funny.

Also funny how you see 1 news article of #walkaway being run by Russian bots and you instantly dismiss the thousands of #walkaway's popping up candidly. I think this whole walk away thing is gonna become MUCH BIGGER before 2020.

People who support Trump securing our border do not fear legal immigration. To the contrary we support it. It is the those that have no respect for our laws or the people who make them that we have a problem with. We do not fear them but we will enforce our laws and it is they that need to fear the law abiding people of this country. Unlike the left we do not reward bad behavior and wonder why so many people are bad.

Back
Top Bottom